Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Freezing during playback

Frequent Visitor

Freezing during playback

I am having the same issue. I did try my IE8 but the video will not play at all with that. Here are the stats that were asked of the person who started this thread.

My Zip Code:43952My Cable Provider:Comcast Steubenville StandardMy myDVR Manager Status:Not InstalledMy Set Top Box Names:Not InstalledMy Queue setup:FalseFacebook Queue Syncing:FalseFacebook Connect:FalseMy public IP address:24.3.42.73My operating system:Windows - UndefinedMy web browser:Chrome 18 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1) AppleWebKit/535.19 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Chrome/18.0.1025.151 Safari/535.19My system typeesktop Computer Or Other DeviceMy Move player version:Not InstalledMy Silverlight version:UnknownMy flash version:11.2 R202Javascript:EnabledCookies:Enabled

I do hope that this is the right place and for all this. I am watching from Xfinitytv site.

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: Freezing during playback

niteman69 wrote:

I am having the same issue. I did try my IE8 but the video will not play at all with that. Here are the stats that were asked of the person who started this thread.

My Zip Code:43952My Cable Provider:Comcast Steubenville StandardMy myDVR Manager Status:Not InstalledMy Set Top Box Names:Not InstalledMy Queue setup:FalseFacebook Queue Syncing:FalseFacebook Connect:FalseMy public IP address:24.3.42.73My operating system:Windows - UndefinedMy web browser:Chrome 18 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1) AppleWebKit/535.19 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Chrome/18.0.1025.151 Safari/535.19My system typeesktop Computer Or Other DeviceMy Move player version:Not InstalledMy Silverlight version:UnknownMy flash version:11.2 R202Javascript:EnabledCookies:Enabled

I do hope that this is the right place and for all this. I am watching from Xfinitytv site.

The original thread you posted on was a different issue.

What video(s) are you trying to watch? 

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

Sorry. I was not sure. I am on http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/ and the NCIS, Bones and House all will freeze up as far as video goes or will go out of sync. I did make it better over the weekend by uninstalling silverlight. I read some post on other sites about silverlight doing this to Hula videos. It is not near as bad now. Yet, it still happens. I would welcome any other ideas that you have and thank you.

Official Employee

niteman69 wrote:

Sorry. I was not sure. I am on http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/ and the NCIS, Bones and House all will freeze up as far as video goes or will go out of sync. I did make it better over the weekend by uninstalling silverlight. I read some post on other sites about silverlight doing this to Hula videos. It is not near as bad now. Yet, it still happens. I would welcome any other ideas that you have and thank you.

Those videos are actually Flash videos, not Silverlight.

Try completely removing Flash and then try downloading it from here:

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

Let me know the results.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

Thank you and I did reinstall flash along thit shockwave. I am watching this now: http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv/House/11954/2220798488/Blowing-the-Whistle/videos

When I go to full screen it is still doing this the worst of all is small screen it will freeze and stick but will correct itself but, in full screen I must refresh to get it to start working agian. Please let me know if you need any more info and thank you for the speedy replies here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation