Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Freezing during playback of On Demand TV

New Poster

Freezing during playback of On Demand TV

I am absolutely fed up with the horrid quality of Comcast on demand streaming of TV shows over the internet.

Whenever I try to stream a TV show from the on demand catalog, like Grimm for example, the playback freezes for a second or two every 10-20 seconds or so. It's so annoying that I've had to resist the urge to chuck my laptop out the window.

I paid for this service to watch uninterrupted high-quality streaming video. I did not pay for this service to watch low-def choppy video.

Anyone got any suggestions?

I'm using a 13" 2010 Macbook Pro with dual core processors. I've tried Safari and Firefox and they both suck.

At wits end.

Official Employee

Re: Freezing during playback of On Demand TV

BL925 wrote:

I am absolutely fed up with the horrid quality of Comcast on demand streaming of TV shows over the internet.

Whenever I try to stream a TV show from the on demand catalog, like Grimm for example, the playback freezes for a second or two every 10-20 seconds or so. It's so annoying that I've had to resist the urge to chuck my laptop out the window.

I paid for this service to watch uninterrupted high-quality streaming video. I did not pay for this service to watch low-def choppy video.

Anyone got any suggestions?

I'm using a 13" 2010 Macbook Pro with dual core processors. I've tried Safari and Firefox and they both suck.

At wits end.

Please go to www.xfinitytv.com/computer and copy the information you see on-screen and paste it in this thread so we can further assist you.

Also, please send the URLs of the videos that you are trying to watch.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

I'm having the same problem!!! Very very slow and choppy playback. 

My Zip Code:UnknownMy Cable Provider:UnknownMy myDVR Manager Status:UnknownMy Set Top Box Names:UnknownMy Queue setup:FalseFacebook Queue Syncing:FalseFacebook Connect:UnknownMy public IP address:174.49.229.247My operating system:Windows - UndefinedMy web browser:Chrome 16 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/535.7 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Chrome/16.0.912.63 Safari/535.7My system typeesktop Computer Or Other DeviceMy Move player version:071706000001My Silverlight version:4.0.60831.0My flash version:11.1 R102Javascript:EnabledCookies:Enabled

Official Employee

marklynch wrote:

I'm having the same problem!!! Very very slow and choppy playback. 

My Zip Code:UnknownMy Cable Provider:UnknownMy myDVR Manager Status:UnknownMy Set Top Box Names:UnknownMy Queue setup:FalseFacebook Queue Syncing:FalseFacebook Connect:UnknownMy public IP address:174.49.229.247My operating system:Windows - UndefinedMy web browser:Chrome 16 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/535.7 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Chrome/16.0.912.63 Safari/535.7My system typeesktop Computer Or Other DeviceMy Move player version:071706000001My Silverlight version:4.0.60831.0My flash version:11.1 R102Javascript:EnabledCookies:Enabled

Not all videos may be working on Google Chrome 16. Google Chrome automatically updates your browser without your knowledge so it may have worked a few days ago then all the sudden stopped.

In the meantime, please use one of these browsers to watch videos:

Internet Explorer 8 (IE9 is out but many people are having video playback issues with it, I am further investigating)

Safari 5.1

Firefox 8.0

If you are still having issues, please create a new thread and I will help you.

I will update this thread when Google Chrome 16 is fully compatible.

Thank you for your feedback and sorry for the inconvenience,

Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation