Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Freeze frame for 3 years and now no stream whatsoever..

Regular Contributor

Freeze frame for 3 years and now no stream whatsoever..

For 3 years it has been a freeze frame about half the time.  We cannot watch for months at a time.  Presently have not been able to watch because there is no stream whatsoever.  We click on watch and nothing happens.  Other things on the page work but clicking watch does nothing.  This just started hapening and we have not been able to watch fr the past couple of days.

Expert

Re: Freeze frame for 3 years and now no stream whatsoever..

@Klawdek wrote:

For 3 years it has been a freeze frame about half the time.  We cannot watch for months at a time.  Presently have not been able to watch because there is no stream whatsoever.  We click on watch and nothing happens.  Other things on the page work but clicking watch does nothing.  This just started hapening and we have not been able to watch fr the past couple of days.

hi, you posted in the streaming website area (that uses a computer). is this a windows PC or a chromebook? If windows, is it windows 10? are you using the Chrome browser (it has built in adobe flash)? is flash enabled? do you get an error message? do you have another computer to try?

Regular Contributor

It is windows 8.1 chrome browser. At the time flash must have been turned on or it would not have worked as comcast is still using that discontinued product. This is an ongoing problem that cannot be pinned on my computer. It affects any computer and any OS I have ever used. The streaming just does not work. In the past 3 years it has been usable for less than half the time. I have completely given up n it and started using a cable box and that has all kinds of problems such as: a listing menus that wastes almost all of the screen on things that are not the listings and having just three short lines for the listing portion. The on demand content is completely different than that which is available online. There is almost no free on demand content.. Navigation is extremely difficult and time consuming as there is no back button and the entire on demand section has to be exited with an exit button. In other words you cannot just back up from a show listing and then navigate to anther listing. You have to exit entirely and start from the beginning and navigate all the way back in. It is absurd and the worst cable box design I have ever seen.
Expert

@Klawdek wrote:
It is windows 8.1 chrome browser. At the time flash must have been turned on or it would not have worked as comcast is still using that discontinued product. This is an ongoing problem that cannot be pinned on my computer. It affects any computer and any OS I have ever used. The streaming just does not work. In the past 3 years it has been usable for less than half the time. I have completely given up n it and started using a cable box and that has all kinds of problems such as: a listing menus that wastes almost all of the screen on things that are not the listings and having just three short lines for the listing portion. The on demand content is completely different than that which is available online. There is almost no free on demand content.. Navigation is extremely difficult and time consuming as there is no back button and the entire on demand section has to be exited with an exit button. In other words you cannot just back up from a show listing and then navigate to anther listing. You have to exit entirely and start from the beginning and navigate all the way back in. It is absurd and the worst cable box design I have ever seen.

windows 8.1 is deprecated. try to run chrome Version 67.0.3396.99 (Official Build)  (current) and turn on flash (it is sandboxed). working?