Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Fox Sports Go mobile app doesn't work for Comcast customers

New Poster

Fox Sports Go mobile app doesn't work for Comcast customers

As I watch Detroit Pistons and Detroit Tigers games on Fox Sports Detroit, they continually advertise that the games can be streamed on the Fox Sports Go mobile app. 

I also see Comcast advertising the "most live sports."

Yet, Comcast customers CANNOT stream live Pistons and Tigers games on the Fox Sports Go mobile App, while their competition can.

Why is this?  Or is there something about the app that I am missing?

New Poster

Re: Fox Sports Go mobile app doesn't work for Comcast customers

Here is current information posted on FoxSportsGo website:

Will I be able to stream Tigers games this season?

Yes. If you are a customer of a participating pay-TV provider, you will be able to stream FOX Sports Detroit’s Tigers telecasts on FOX Sports GO.

Will Comcast customers be able to stream Tigers games?

Unfortunately, Comcast does not yet offer FOX Sports Detroit streaming content. As a result, Comcast customers will be unable to stream FOX Sports Detroit’s Tigers telecasts. Customers who want to access the games should contact Comcast.

New Poster

Same happening for me in Miami, advertising on all Miami Marlins and Miami Heat says we should be able to watch on the app, however, once again Comcast fails to deliver.

Official Employee

sotojorge wrote:

Same happening for me in Miami, advertising on all Miami Marlins and Miami Heat says we should be able to watch on the app, however, once again Comcast fails to deliver.

Apologies. I can confirm that Fox Sports Regional Sports Networks' availability from Comcast on Fox Sports Go is a business decision and deal with business terms that have not yet been agreed to between the parties.

Comcast does not currently have the streaming rights to Fox Regional Sports Network content at this time. Other content providers in the market do. The Fox Sports Go ads run during the games on live TV and are placed by Fox. 

We continue to work with Fox to obtain streaming rights for Fox Regional Sports Networks for our customers.

Thanks for your patience.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Service Expert
Moved:

New Poster

Which provider does own these streaming rights? I would like to switch to them I think...
New Poster

Yes! Comcast is the worst!! Most expensive and still can't provide for their customers! This problem has been on threads for YEARS! I think patience is run out by now.. 

New Poster

You do not have my patience, you have my irritation.  A quick search of the forums shows this has been a problem for several years.  Which makes me doubt your ability or interest in getting a deal done with Fox.  As is, there are a number of other providers that allow access to fox sports online.  I will be investigating their services.  Hopefully Comcast can get something done before I can or they will lose a quad play customer that has every channel except those in a language I don't speak.  Make sure management knows what their lack of interest is costing them. 

New Poster

"Thanks for your patience" means "please wait while we hold out and strong arm them into favorable rates".  I get it, it's a business, but ALL OTHER PROVIDERS have reached terms.  It's been half a year since your post, and still no content.  My patience is gone.  Get the rights or you will lose this customer.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

It's now well into the NHL season and those of us that are Comcast customers still cannot stream content on Fox Sports Go.  Are there talks on-going or is this a dead subject.  Is there some hope out there that we'll be able to stream Minnesota Wild games before season's end?

Tags (1)
New Poster

How long before Comcast gets deal with Fox Sports Go app. Can't stream live Florida Panthers games
New Poster

I'm on the road a lot, one of the main reasons for choosing Comcast was the ability to watch live regional sports when away from home. I'm already paying for the content so for get any extra money from me and as far as the Ad content i'm a guy I don't buy because of some stupid Ad. But I will depart if you don't deliver on what you should be giving me as a consumer.

New Poster

What are we paying for exactly. Especially when they say comcast is the best in the business. Crapped even charter Cable carries fox sports go app. Give figure right.
New Poster

Every other provider - DirecTV, Dish Network, Time Warner and others - offers Fox Sports Go & NFL Network Redzone. Yet Comcast appears to not realize that many customers like myself will leave them unless they resolve these issues.  It is a glaring gap given the shifting consumer preferences to have content on mobile devices.   It would be one thing if the competition could not also reach an agreement but obviously comcast has been out negotiated or just greedy...perhaps defectng customers will catch attention of senior leaders.

New Poster

I watched the Indiana Pacers for over a year on my phone and then all of the sudden I couldnt use the app...so they are not just not delievering to their customers they are specifically denying thier customers..the use of the app........
New Poster

I'm unable to get Fox sports TN to work in Nashville. I see ads during Predators games to stream games live with the Fox sports app but when I log in with my Comcast subscription it says that Comcast does not allow live streaming of this content. <br>
New Poster

Still the same situation with Comcast/Xfinity and the Minnesota Wild on Fox Sports North.  I get to the login for Xfinity and log in, then it tells me that I am not subscribed to the channel.  Which I can watch on my home television as it is in my subscription.  Complete runaround.

New Poster

Talked to someone in the know at Fox Sports North mid-January 2017 and he said good news is near regarding streaming Fox Sports for Comcast customers when they are away from their house!  Hopefully, this means before the Wild season is over!!!!