Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Fox News Channel

Frequent Visitor

Fox News Channel

For the past two days I haven't been able to watch Fox News Channel online, I've had not problems in the past. I can watch CNN just fine and I have no other problems on the internet. I've tried LOW/HIGH/AUTO for the playback quality, nothing works.

If the video comes in at all, it stops/freezes within 20 seconds.  The audio sounds came in for about 10 seconds and then just went to 1/2 second blurbs.  Movies online work fine. I'm going to try some other live channels. Any other suggestions?

***update***

I've tried two other computers and I get the same result...no Fox News Channel audio or video.  Other channels work just fine.   No one else is having a problem?

***update***

Frequent Visitor

Re: Fox News Channel

I have watched several other "live" TV channels, no problems.  I restarted the modem and Fox News Channel is the same.  I'll try other computers although this one I'm using is only 3 months old, running windows 7 pro, 16g ram, unlikely the computer.

New Poster

Same issues here on 2/11/2014.  Was evern breaking up on the TV yesterday evening.  Comcast has little interest in Fox News.  They are pushing their NBC Stuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuf.

Frequent Visitor

Tonight it works, I can watch FOX NEWS just fine.

But I cannot watch channel 23 (CNBC - no Olympics for me) or 46 (Lifetime) in my area.  They pixelate so bad it's horrible.  I've called, but much like this area (where I have received no input from any support person) that issue is still unresolved.

The funny thing in that situation is the small digital adapters show every channel just fine; I've put the digital adapter in place of the larger receiver - still get pixelation. The ancient Digital Receiver (that doesn't even show up in their list of equipment because it's so old) wont show these channels without pixelating.  I've had one day in the last two weeks where I've been able to watch 23 and/or 46...and of course, this line is in the living room where we watch most of our TV...and use the guide.

Very unsatisfied with Comcast so far.

Frequent Visitor

An update....

I spoke with Michael in the online chat support about the Fox News Channel.  Michael tells me that I have to upgrade my internet service in order to view FNC...or get Streampix.  Thanks Michael, thanks for nothing.

As for 23 and 46 not coming in...I took the receiver in and swapped for another and they come in fine now.

New Poster

Can't get Fox News Channel on any basic cable boxes, HD boxes are fine.  All other channels on basic cable appear to be fine. 

Official Employee
Moved:

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation