Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Flash player 13

Regular Visitor

Flash player 13

Comcast keeps saying I need flash player 13, I click on it and go through all the downloading. I get a successfully installed from adobe but none of the comcast news videos can be viewed.  And comcast keeps telling me I don't have flash player 13.  Grrrrr.

Regular Contributor

Re: Flash player 13

Can you verify the version that is currently installed by going to this URL: http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ and posting back that this page verifys that you are using the latest available 13.0.0.206?

What operating system and web browser are you using?

- Norm

Regular Visitor

Windows 7 and IE.  The adobe flash 13 keeps saying "successfully installed" but obviously not.  I went to the website you suggested and can't seem to get verification or even what adobe version I really have.  Not happy with comcast service since I used the "get flashdrive 13" button from comcast to "get it" but now I can't watch any videos at all including the comcast news videos. I could view all until about 2 weeks ago.  Any contract problems between comcast and adobe?  Don

Regular Contributor

It's hard to say without looking at your computer but there could have been some kind of problem with the installation of Flash for IE. Go to this page and follow the instruction to completely remove Flash from your computer using the Adobe Flash removal tool http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows.html after that is finished and you reboot your computer go to the Flash Player direct download to get the actual offline installer (i.e. not the stub installer that you get from the Adobe home page) and install that. After that try going to the Flash version test link I gave you and see if it returns the correct version.

Hope this helps!

- Norm

New Poster

I am having the same problem since upgrading Adobe Flash Player - to version 14.0.0.176.  Adobe verifies that I have 14.0.0.176, but no Comcast programs will play on my computer (running Windows Vista and IE 9).  Was running fine until prompted by Comcast to update my flash player.  I have since uninstalled and reinstalled, chatted online with customer service -- but no help was provided there either.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation