New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Flash out of date??

ANSWERED
Contributor

Flash out of date??

I'm receiving a Flash compatability error message on my update Chrome and Adobe Flash. ( You have version 26,0,0,137 installed) I am able to load and watch on Edge without a problem. If my Chrome/flash are current, why am I getting this message??

Accepted Solution

Re: Flash out of date??

Flash may have been fixed as I no longer receive the alert when trying to load TV listings and shows. However, the request to sign in and name your device appear every time I try to load the listings. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that will also be fixed.

I hope all who commented with the same problem it also self fixed for you.

Thanks for all the comments offereing 'help' methods.

View answer in context
Problem Solver

I'm getting the same message and I enabled flash and on the latest version of Flash on chrome. updated Chrome. looks like this might be a comcast problem. since I'm not the only one.

Service Expert

Pharrell wrote:

I'm getting the same message and I enabled flash and on the latest version of Flash on chrome. updated Chrome. looks like this might be a comcast problem. since I'm not the only one.

My Xfinity TV Stream Website is working in my version of Chrome/Win10.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Contributor

I have uninstalled flash and reinstalled it. My Chrome and flash are current on Win 10. Other sites I use requiring current flash work perfectly. Yet, Comcast live stream insists flash needs to be updated. I also went to my setting: flash is enabled and I added it to my exception list just in case. It still does not work. Wednesday it was perfectly fine and there wasn't a Chrome update for a few days prior to the beginning of the issue. So, I give up!

New Poster

Hey just wanted to chime in here.

I am also having issues- says "Flash compatibility issue XFINITY Stream requires a more recent version of Flash."

Went through the motions...updating flashplayer to the latest version, etc.

Making sure there were exceptions, and so forth.

On Windows 10 Pro.

Current version of flashplayer is 26.0.0.137

Chrome version 60.0.3112.78

No freaking idea what is going on, its been like this for two weeks now.

Works in Microsoft Edge though...go figure?

Comcast...please...what is going on?  Is anyone reading this????

Frequent Visitor

I just posted the same thing about 10 min ago. This started yesterday with me. Called comcast and they could not fix the problem, told me it must be a chrome issue. 

Bronze Problem Solver

Scorp9681 wrote:

I'm receiving a Flash compatability error message on my update Chrome and Adobe Flash. ( You have version 26,0,0,137 installed) I am able to load and watch on Edge without a problem. If my Chrome/flash are current, why am I getting this message??

Version 60 of chrome was just released on 7/25, it might be the problem, lots of security updates in it

Contributor

Thanks... I'll look into the update situation. I do know I updated before this began to happen.

Bronze Problem Solver

Try the following (worked for me):

Untitled.png

New Poster

Just posted about this. Same problem when I upgraded my laptop, which used to work.

New Poster

I've tried this already.  I am not sure if you read my post.

I literally posted the flash version- I am on the latest offered by Adobe- screenshot here.

Any other suggestions?

Untitled.png
Problem Solver

it seems chrome is blocking the flash player automatically 

I went to the address bar to the right and enabled the plugin went to the content settings switched flash player on off restarted and it worked I'll keep playing with it but that seemed to work.

also the chrome browser is blocking all flash plugins on any page I search

Ill keep playing with it and let you know

Problem Solver

I went to mop my living room came back 30 mins later turned off my computer.

Did nothing turned on my computer and went to Stream tv works on my Chrome browser again.

Is it back guys? is it working for anyone else now? or just me?

Contributor

No, mine isn't working yet and I have a new problem added to the mix. Now every time I try to load TV on my PC, I get the message to sign in. I click and it tells me I'm already signed in then it trys to load the TV listings and I am right back to the flash message.

Contributor

I'm now having a small problem with an app I use daily. I turn off sound and switch to a lite version of a game. It will keep those settings until I clear history/flash. Now, the settings have to be done with each new load. I am really starting to suspect it's the Chrome update causing all these problems. That will be my next step, uninstalling and reinstalling Chrome.

Contributor

I am noticing the same exact thing with Chrome blocking plugins AND cookies now for Xfinity/Comcast.

Pharrell wrote:

it seems chrome is blocking the flash player automatically 

I went to the address bar to the right and enabled the plugin went to the content settings switched flash player on off restarted and it worked I'll keep playing with it but that seemed to work.

also the chrome browser is blocking all flash plugins on any page I search

Ill keep playing with it and let you know

Contributor

itsbranden wrote:

I've tried this already.  I am not sure if you read my post.

I literally posted the flash version- I am on the latest offered by Adobe- screenshot here.

Any other suggestions?

I have been having a heck of a time to get my version to load on this page. Sometimes it will show and most times it won't now that this problem cropped up. When I go to the 'Player Download' this is what it says: 'Note: Adobe Flash Player is already installed, but disabled. Click here for more information.' and it shows my version which is current. One of the links with the step-by-step instructions for Chrome is for a much older version of Chrome and the actions are no longer available.

Frequent Visitor

It has to do with the recent automatic flash player update on chromebooks... which apparently one can't stop.

You can powerwash & reset your chromebook...  xfinity stream will work again when you do that...

but as soon as you restart or shut down your chromebook  the flash player will be updated so the next time you bring up xfinity stream it will say the flash is incompatible.  

There's no fix right now that I know of yet.

Contributor

mvenanzi wrote:

Untitled.png

mvenanzi wrote:

Untitled.png

Tried this and no change.

Contributor

cour wrote:

It has to do with the recent automatic flash player update on chromebooks... which apparently one can't stop.

You can powerwash & reset your chromebook...  xfinity stream will work again when you do that...

but as soon as you restart or shut down your chromebook  the flash player will be updated so the next time you bring up xfinity stream it will say the flash is incompatible.  

There's no fix right now that I know of yet.

I was going to try uninstalling Chrome and then reinstalling. I am on my desktop and can't do what you tried with your chromebook. It must be a Chrome problem and they need to fix it or Xfinity needs to add a workaround for us.

New Poster

Same issue as the rest of you. SIGH.

Contributor

I just got it to work and load the channels and finally a show. I did get the 2 popups on the address line for blocking popups and Adobe flash. I enabled both and it finally loaded. I have to do this each time though or it won't load. I hope someone comes out with a 'fix' soon so I won't have to do that constantly. My other item that has the problem continues resetting flash with each new load. <sigh>

New Poster

This afternoon xfinity directed me to Apple tech support and was on the phone with them for about 1/2 hour. I thought the problem had been fixed by clearing all history, caches and cookies, but it came back, of course, right after concluding the session. 

I am on a Mac with Mac OS 10.12.6I have verified that Flash is the latest version and is enabled in Chrome and Safari.

With Chrome I am getting:

Flash compatibility issue

XFINITY Stream requires a more recent version of Flash.

Please update to the latest version of Flash and ensure your browser has Flash enabled.

Download the latest version of Flash

How to enable Flash in your browser.

With Safari the error message is different:

Sorry, we're having some trouble

XFINITY Stream is not available at the moment. Please try back soon.

(Error xacsa.getSamlToken.404: FatalDrmError)

No apparent problem viewing TV on Firefox.

New Poster

It is a CHROME issue.  Chrome updated, not XFINITY.  I have no problem on Firefox.  XFinity needs to find a way around it.  Chrome is far too popular for their platform not to work on.

Frequent Visitor

Same here. Just want to look at the guide, but can't. Site become more useless each week. I'm already using a different guide to browse programs because Comcast's is so unstable. If I could use the other program to set recordings, I'd never visit this site. 

Silver Problem Solver

jjdandrea01 wrote:

It is a CHROME issue.  Chrome updated, not XFINITY.  I have no problem on Firefox.  XFinity needs to find a way around it.  Chrome is far too popular for their platform not to work on.

Actually, it IS a Comcast/Xfinity issue. W-T-F are they still using Flash??? Even Adobe will be stopping all development in 2 years.

Service Expert

andyross wrote:

jjdandrea01 wrote:

Actually, it IS a Comcast/Xfinity issue. W-T-F are they still using Flash??? Even Adobe will be stopping all development in 2 years.

Comcast is going to HTML5.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Contributor

Flash may have been fixed as I no longer receive the alert when trying to load TV listings and shows. However, the request to sign in and name your device appear every time I try to load the listings. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that will also be fixed.

I hope all who commented with the same problem it also self fixed for you.

Thanks for all the comments offereing 'help' methods.