Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Flash compatibility issue with Widows 10 and xfinity

New Poster

Flash compatibility issue with Widows 10 and xfinity

Xfinity says i need to upgrade adobe flash.  Windows 10 says flash is OK.  How do i  past the xfinity page with the "Flash compatibility issue" warning?

Service Expert

Re: Flash compatibility issue with Widows 10 and xfinity

m54snyder wrote:

Xfinity says i need to upgrade adobe flash.  Windows 10 says flash is OK.  How do i  past the xfinity page with the "Flash compatibility issue" warning?

You could try and use CHROME and see if its internal proprietary version of Flash works for you....

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Contributor

m54snyder wrote:

I have encountered this warning page on both a windows 10 and windows Vista PC (Chrome Browser). I got past it with a refresh....not sure I will keep being able to do this or not. It seems the longer the new Xfinity.TV page is live, more things keep creeping up. I am gonna try with Firefox and IE soon.

Problem Solver

What browser are you using that gives you this error? I have 3 computers with Windows 10, and all 3 work fine in both Chrome and Edge. Have you tried Edge at least, since it is auto installed by Windows 10?

m54snyder wrote:

Frequent Visitor

FLASH, REMOVE REQUIREMENT

Live Comcast Videos DO NOT run without Flash on Comcast.

Please, please please remove the Adobe Flash requirement.

Google YouTube Videos run without Flash on my system.

Why does Comcast make its paying customers use Adobe Flash?

Windows 10

Microsoft Edge 38.14393.0.0
Microsoft EdgeHTML 14.14393

I am concerned and disappointed at this requirement; it affects my thinking on how to spend my money.

Thank you for working on this,

Official Employee

Re: FLASH, REMOVE REQUIREMENT

SG1024 wrote:

Windows 10

I am concerned and disappointed at this requirement; it affects my thinking on how to spend my money.

I appreciate your frustration but there is a significant difference between the content on YouTube and the majority of content distributed by Comcast. YouTube is primarily user-generated content which lacks protection for the content creator from theft. If you Google "how to download YouTube videos" you will find hundreds or thousands of results. Comcast's contracts with studios and networks require very secure digital rights management (DRM). One of the most secure is Adobe Primetime DRM. We're aware of the ticking timebomb with regards to Flash support in modern browsers and working with our partners on determining the best path forward.

Best,
ComcastDan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

Re: FLASH, REMOVE REQUIREMENT

ComcastDan wrote:

SG1024 wrote:

Windows 10

I appreciate your frustration but there is a significant difference between the content on YouTube and the majority of content distributed by Comcast. YouTube is primarily user-generated content which lacks protection for the content creator from theft. If you Google "how to download YouTube videos" you will find hundreds or thousands of results. Comcast's contracts with studios and networks require very secure digital rights management (DRM). One of the most secure is Adobe Primetime DRM. We're aware of the ticking timebomb with regards to Flash support in modern browsers and working with our partners on determining the best path forward.

Best,
ComcastDan

Windows 10 UWP app / macOs app store app will solve your DRM problems for at least the people who are on modern software.

It's quite ridiculous to need to enable flash in a browser given all the security risks with it enabled.