Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Flash Issue

ANSWERED
New Poster

Flash Issue

I have the latest flash installed, I can stream from Firefox fine, but when I try and stream from Chrome, I get latest flash not installed. I do have the latest flash installed, and have it enabled to run on all pages, any suggestions?

Thsnk!

Accepted Solution

Re: Flash Issue

All,

We apologize for the issue that you have been experiencing streaming TV when using Chrome. I have heard from your fix team and they have provided some resolutions (see below):

• If you do not have the "Keep local data only until you quit your browser" setting enabled in Chrome’s Cookie Settings (chrome://settings/content/cookies), quitting the browser, relaunching, and navigating to the home page (https://tv.xfinity.com/) should clear up the issue. 

• If you do have the "Keep local data only until you quit your browser" setting enabled in Chrome’s Cookie Settings (chrome://settings/content/cookies), try either clearing the browser cache from chrome://settings/clearBrowserData, exit and open Chrome, and navigate to https://tv.xfinity.com/, or exit and open Chrome, navigate to https://tv.xfinity.com/

This issue was brought on by a recent update to Google Chrome that changed some of the compatibility requirements for files on pages hit during the login process. This explains why it started occurring outside of any version updates we have released.

If you have any further comments or questions, please let us know here. Thanks.

View answer in context
Bronze Problem Solver

RoyMercer wrote:

I have the latest flash installed, I can stream from Firefox fine, but when I try and stream from Chrome, I get latest flash not installed. I do have the latest flash installed, and have it enabled to run on all pages, any suggestions?

Thsnk!

Problem stared on version 60 of chrome which was just released on 7/25, it might be the problem, lots of security updates in it. Since google doesn't care about comcast and comcast will say its a chrome problem, I would say use firefox or IE untill the two work it out.

Service Expert

mvenanzi wrote:

RoyMercer wrote:

Thsnk!

Problem stared on version 60 of chrome which was just released on 7/25, it might be the problem, lots of security updates in it. Since google doesn't care about comcast and comcast will say its a chrome problem, I would say use firefox or IE untill the two work it out.

Hmm.  My 60 version works with the stream website.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Bronze Problem Solver

RobertWy wrote:

mvenanzi wrote:

RoyMercer wrote:

Thsnk!

Hmm.  My 60 version works with the stream website.

Sometimes it works other times it doesn't without any user changes. Its like chrome is shutting down flash and not restarting when needed.

Frequent Visitor

I have the same issue, and I have Chrome version  60.0.3112.78. When I go to the flash update page, there is a test to show if you have the latest version - I do - I have tried it on the Microsoft Edge browser, and it works just fine, so once again, it's a Chrome issue, and more than likely will not be addressed until the new version of Chrome comes out - although every support site I've gone to has people with this issue. It's a royal pain in the rear, is what it is. I've read of people deleting their cookies and having it work, but been there, tried it, and it did not work for me. If anyone finds a solution please post it!

Bronze Problem Solver

In another thread on these forums, it is being reported that changing a chrome flag fixes problem. Test and report.

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/XFINITY-Stream-Website/Xfinity-Stream-Live-TV-On-Demand-no-longer-works...

Administrator
Administrator

All,

We apologize for the issue that you have been experiencing streaming TV when using Chrome. I have heard from your fix team and they have provided some resolutions (see below):

• If you do not have the "Keep local data only until you quit your browser" setting enabled in Chrome’s Cookie Settings (chrome://settings/content/cookies), quitting the browser, relaunching, and navigating to the home page (https://tv.xfinity.com/) should clear up the issue. 

• If you do have the "Keep local data only until you quit your browser" setting enabled in Chrome’s Cookie Settings (chrome://settings/content/cookies), try either clearing the browser cache from chrome://settings/clearBrowserData, exit and open Chrome, and navigate to https://tv.xfinity.com/, or exit and open Chrome, navigate to https://tv.xfinity.com/

This issue was brought on by a recent update to Google Chrome that changed some of the compatibility requirements for files on pages hit during the login process. This explains why it started occurring outside of any version updates we have released.

If you have any further comments or questions, please let us know here. Thanks.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

I have called Comcast numerous times to discuss, in detail, the ongoing Chrome/flash issues.  I have a good handle on the problem, a solid grasp of the technical issues, and am always able to provide specifics about what has and hasn't worked.  With this most recent issus (7/25 flash changes) I called multiple times and provided a good deal of accurate, detailed information that was certainly specific enough to suggest I needed the fix provided here. Instead,  I was repeatedly told "no one else" was having any trouble with flash, or with streaming, and my issue had to be specific to my mac, or to my non- comcast issued router.  In typical fashion, I was told to call the router manufacturer.  

Thankfully, the Comcast employee who provided the fix here was able to do so with much less information than I provided over the phone.  So if one Comcast employee can address this issue, why does phone support deny there even IS an issue?  Is there no alert or bug fix dissemination process so all employees responsible for phone support can stay ahead of these types of issues? Flash problems are neither new nor terribly complicated, but they are among the most frustrating users encounter.  The average Comcast customer is proficient enough to be walked through this fix by support personnel with even rudimentary support skills.  The question is, why aren't personnel educated about these kinds of issues? 

Official Employee

Hello LJKL, can you please share your resolution with us here? Also Flash is not owned by Comcast which is why the other representatives could not help you. We can only assist with Comcast services and equipment, although our apps and online services use Flash to play the content if there is an error you would have to contact them to get your issue resolved. This is the same when it comes to the Silver light software, we cannot assist you with these issues due to them not being Comcast products. We can recommend that you download the latest version of silver light to ensure your content will play correctly but that's where we stop. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 7 in conversation