Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

First 60% of the Beginning of a Show is Cut Off When Trying to Stream from Device

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 1 of 3

This has been an ongoing and annoying problem that has only gotten worse in the last couple weeks; many shows that were recorded fine on my DVR and can be watched fine on my DVR, when I try to stream them to any of my connected devices via the Comcast app, the first 50% to 60% is cut off and the stream picks up way into the show timeline.

Many of my recorded tv shows have the first few minutes of the show cut off; so, if it is a 30 min show it may start at minute 12 and then go till the end. This is happening all of my devices such as the Web application on Windows PC, Xfinitiy app on IOS Ipad and Xfinity app on Android phone .. this does not happen on my DVR.

2 REPLIES
Posted by
Visitor

Message 2 of 3

I'm having the exact same problem. Any resolutions??? Comcast/Xfinity, I see your new commercials all about customer service -- please serve us!

Posted by
Visitor

Message 3 of 3

Same here, this actually started last week. Before that I was not able to stream anything that was recorded. I would just get unable to stream. I called about that and they mentioned they knew about the issue and currently working on it. While now i can stream ONLY in my house when on my wifi, the recordings are cut off. I still get the stream unable to play content if I am not on my wifi. So at work or on the train I can not watch any recordings. The OnDemand works with out an issue, so I resort to deleting my recording and finding it OnDemand to watch.