Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Firefox tv.xfinity.com issues

Contributor

Firefox tv.xfinity.com issues

I usually just hit a bookmark that I use on Firefox to open the Xfinity TV website to watch my DVR recordings. Just this afternoon it started come up with this error page: Request-URI Too Large The requested URL's length exceeds the capacity limit for this server.  I also noticed the URL is very long. 

So I decided go directly to tv.xfinity.com, login, and another error page comes up: 

Unable to Retrieve Parental Controls

There was a problem retrieving your parental controls. Please try again.

(Error parentalControls / parentalControls.fetch.error: API Failure)

I hit the OK button and does nothing but go back to this page.  

So I decided to try the page on Chrome and I can access the website with no issues and TV app and my home DVR are all good.  Not sure what is going on here.  

New Poster

Re: Firefox tv.xfinity.com issues

I just ran into the same error message when using safari. What gives?

New Poster

I started getting the same thing in Chrome tonight.  TVGo will work but not the tv.xfinity.com

Problem Solver

I got the same message on Chrome, and a slightly different Parental Controls message on Edge browser.  I ended up clearing the cache in both browsers and it finally worked.

I like how Comcast change the URL to the XTV web portal, but ended up creating problems for their users.  Maybe a warning message about the URL change might be nice, since their auto redirect failed for me.

New Poster

Clearing cache worked for me on FF. Thanks!