Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Firefox 57.0

Contributor

Firefox 57.0

Yesterday, I downloaded Firefox 57.0 to my MacBook Pro running OS10.13.1 Now, the XFINITY  streaming does NOT work. I tried it with both Chrome and Safari and it DOES work with both, but Firefox is my primary browser. I assume it has something to do with Flash I do not see any any Firefox 57.0 preferances involving Flash.

Does anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks.

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Firefox 57.0

LouInVermont wrote:

Yesterday, I downloaded Firefox 57.0 to my MacBook Pro running OS10.13.1 Now, the XFINITY  streaming does NOT work. I tried it with both Chrome and Safari and it DOES work with both, but Firefox is my primary browser. I assume it has something to do with Flash I do not see any any Firefox 57.0 preferances involving Flash.

Does anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks.

How far do you get? Any error messages?

Start by clearing cache and cookies then verify flash is installed and enabled.

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/enabling-flash-player-firefox.html

Regular Visitor

I have the same issue. The error message is: Error 102100.33: Loading of the specified resource has failed. I've cleared cache, logins, etc, still no joy.

Contributor

Thanks for your reply.

I get to select a channel, it starts to load, then I get an error message;

"Error 102100.33  loading of the unspecified resource has failed"

I just cleared the cache and cookies in Firefox 57.0 and checked Flash (it is version 27.0 and is always activated).

I still cannot load any streaming TV channels.

Contributor

FWIW:

I just downgraded back to Firefox 56.0 and now I can stream XFINITY TV, so the problem seems to be that something in Firefox 57.0 is not compatible with XFINITY TV streaming.

Bronze Problem Solver

LouInVermont wrote:

FWIW:

I just downgraded back to Firefox 56.0 and now I can stream XFINITY TV, so the problem seems to be that something in Firefox 57.0 is not compatible with XFINITY TV streaming.

Which type of streaming was failing, live tv, saved recordings, on demand?

Contributor

all streaming failed.

Bronze Problem Solver

I just updated to ff 57 and all 3 types of streaming worked (live, saved, and on demand). When you are on streaming site, verify flash is not blocked for the web site. Click on "manage plug-in use" icon in address bar and verify flash is enabled and allowed for web site.

Untitled.png

Contributor

Thanks.

I ran Firefox 57.0 and checked Adobe Flash as you indicated.Adobe Flash was enabled and I clicked on "Continue Allowing", but, alas, I received the same error message as before.

New Poster

Im having the same exact issues running Firefox Quantum (57.0).  When trying to play a live stream, I click on the channel and it tries to load, but never loads (channel loading keeps spinning & spinning endlessly).  I dont even get the error message, just perpetual loading.  Streams worked fine on previous version of Firefox.

I verified Flash was installed & updated and the same result persists.

Clearly, there is some issue with Xfinity TV & Firefox 57.0.

Regular Visitor

I'm on a MAC. I've confirmed that Flash is always enabled. I'm able to stream TV, etc using Chrome on the same computer.

I  tried this with FF57 on a PC and it worked.

Bronze Problem Solver

LouInVermont wrote:

FWIW:

If so, it has to be something in your settings, because 57.0 works fine on my system for live, recordings, and on demand.

Regular Visitor

mvenanzi: Are you on a MAC? If so, please provide the settings values you believe have made your system work.

Bronze Problem Solver

rcharamella wrote:

mvenanzi: Are you on a MAC? If so, please provide the settings values you believe have made your system work.

Nope win10 pc

LouInVermont & Jaypp1 are you also on a mac?

Regular Visitor

LouInVermont states in his initial post that he's on a MacBook.

I'm on both a MacBook and an iMac all running the most recent MacOS High Sierra.

Bronze Problem Solver

rcharamella wrote:

LouInVermont states in his initial post that he's on a MacBook.

I'm on both a MacBook and an iMac all running the most recent MacOS High Sierra.

If its only on mac would explain why there are only 3 failure reports. Is the DRM setting still enabled?

Regular Visitor

In my case, yes, Play DRM-controlled content is checked.

Bronze Problem Solver

rcharamella wrote:

In my case, yes, Play DRM-controlled content is checked.

I guess we'll have to wait for more failure reports to see if its only mac version of ff. When I read this thread, I updated and other than fixing browser controls that were moved from where I was used to them, I made no changes and xf streaming site worked.

Bronze Problem Solver

Found following in ff forum:

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1185557

Contributor

I am on a Mid-2015 MacBook Pro running High Sierra.Have tried all the suggestions so far and still cannot get the TV to stream.

Bronze Problem Solver

Only other thing I would try is uninstall/reinstall flash.

Also, in address bar enter about:config, hit enter. These are the advanced ff settings.

Here is what my settings that include flash to compare with:

Untitled.png

Regular Visitor

Thanks for the about:config screenshot. I found a couple differences:

• plugin.state.flash set to 2 instead of 1
  • plugins.flashBlock.enabled set to false instead of true

I changed those settings to match yours, but sadly that did not bring any joy to the situation

New Poster

I am having this same problem, also using a Mac.  I can't stream any Xfinity video at all.

Bronze Problem Solver

rcharamella wrote:

Thanks for the about:config screenshot. I found a couple differences:

• plugin.state.flash set to 2 instead of 1
  • plugins.flashBlock.enabled set to false instead of true

I changed those settings to match yours, but sadly that did not bring any joy to the situation

You probably should put your original settings back.

Did you try to uninstall/reinstall flash?

Regular Visitor

Flash uninstalled and reinstalled. Still no joy.

Contributor

Flash uninstalled and reinstalled. Still does not work.

Bronze Problem Solver

I suggest you all start posting on the ff forums, xf won't be much help.

Regular Visitor

I've posted to this issue in FF support: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1185557

If anyone starts another issue, please post it here so I can post in that one too.

New Poster

I am trying to stream Xfinity on my macbook pro and it won't work.  I just upgraded to firefox 57.  What do I need to do to be able to stream video?

Thanks!

R. Guy

Contributor

We have had no solutions on this forum, and are now trying to fidn a solution on the Firefox forum.

Administrator
Administrator

Hi all, I just wanted to follow and see if you were still having this problem? If you are can you provide some extra specs? 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Contributor

Re: Firefox 57.0 and Firefox 58.0

Yes, I am still having the problem of not being able to view Comcast Infinity streaming TV with Firefox 57.0 or 58.0, even though I am able to view Comcast streaming TV with Firefox 56, Chrome, and Safari. I have done just about every conceivable thing to try repairing the problem (safe boot mode, disk utility, NVRAM reset, SMC reset, reinstall OS High Sierra. I like Firefox 58.0 but may be forced to abandon it if I can't fix this problem since I use the streaming TV a lot.

If you have any other other suggestions, I would be willing to try them.

Thank you.

Administrator
Administrator

Thanks @LouInVermont, I was made aware that we are having this looked into, but no ETA on when a resolution will be put in place. Once I know more, I will make sure to update here. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Contributor

Thanks!

Regular Visitor

If Comcast is looking into this, the errors and warnings in the Firefox developers console might be helpful.

I've looked for a way to override the Strict-Transport-Security issue in the browser, but I haven't found one. That one seems to have to come from the webpage.

New Poster

I just updated to this new Firefox and I am having the same issue. Can't watch stream or recorded tv on my macbook.  Works fine on older firefox and other browsers.  Very frustrating. 

New Poster

Having the same problem. I cannot stream xfinity on my mac. I hope this is resolved asap.

New Poster

It would be helpful if Comcast could update this thread on progress and set some expectations. I am beginning to wonder if its time to cancel my xfinity contract and go with another provider for TV streaming. I'm a commited Firefox user.

Bronze Problem Solver

rpg1074 wrote:

It would be helpful if Comcast could update this thread on progress and set some expectations. I am beginning to wonder if its time to cancel my xfinity contract and go with another provider for TV streaming. I'm a commited Firefox user.

FF is the resposible party, ver 56 worked and ver 57 doesn't only on macs, xf didn't change anything. FF 57 works fine on windows.

Regular Visitor

Comcast is working on the issue. If you try to stream content on FF57 you'll notice a new message when it fails. I believe the issue will require a bit of work from Comcast to fit the new security model in FF57. I haven't seen any movement in the FF issue queue.

New Poster

After ff 57 update same problem windows 7 but that did the trick.  thanx :

Contributor

I'm not sure what mvirby1 is saying.

Still doesn't work with FF58

New Poster

How do you downgrade back to Firefox 56???

New Poster

This is what I did. I trashed Firefox 57 in my applications. Then went to Firefox website and downgraded to Firefox 56.02. Downloaded and installed it. It works now)))

Contributor

That's all well and good to downgrade to Firefox 56, but  I like to work with the latest software versions because of security updates, so I'm staying with FFirefox 58. I think developers of commercial apps should make them compatible with all browsers.

Regular Visitor

Comcast/xFinity seems to have fixed the issue with Firefox 57 on a MAC. I'm currently watch a live show on xFinity in Firefox 57 on a MAC. Thanks tech folks for fixing this issue.

Contributor

I can now access Comcast streaming tv using Firefox 58 on a MacBook pro.

Thank you!

New Poster

Are you running 58? Or 57? 

I am still having major problems with 57.0.1. 

Contributor

I am running FF 58 build 12 and Comcast streaming works fine.

New Poster

Actually the problem is That Mozilla (Firefox), Google (Chrome), and Microsoft (Edge, and Internet Explorer)are dropping Support for Flash Player,and other NPAPI services.do to Security issues.(Flash makes your antiVirus software Leak like a Busted Sieve) which Adobe is going to stop providing in 2020.. So the fix is for The Techs at Xfinity to switch to an HTML 5 Streaming or an APP based Service.

Flash is not supported in Firefox 57.0.