Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Finding the DVR Manager board?

Regular Visitor

Finding the DVR Manager board?

So how does one get to the DVR Manager forum? There is no link to it that I have found under any of the categories currently listed. The only way I can get to it is by selecting it from my subscriptions which I currently have an open question in. If I were looking for things related to this topic I would not be able to find them in this folder, DVR Manager, as it s not listed under the Xfinity TV tree. I think that this is a serious problem as I have 60+ views  with 0 replies, probably because there is no link to this board. Any help regarding this and also my current dilemma with my new DVR and the DVR Manager would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your assistance.

Problem Solver

Re: Finding the DVR Manager board?

Hi,

I think you are in the correct forum if you have a question about how the DVR Manager works on the web site. Questions about using the DVR on you box should probably go to either the "Equipment" or "X1" forums, depending on what you have.

If you don't mind a friendly suggestion, you'll get a better response if you write a better question.  It's very hard to tell what you want from your previous post.  You spent a lot of time describing your experience with various Comcast people, but you never really asked (in simple terms) a specific question.  Many people come to these forums just to rant about how bad Comcast is and never really expect an answer.

Remember, almost everyone here is just a Comcast customer like you.  Many are willing, and even eager, to help.  So, consider trying again with a new question.

Regular Visitor

Thanks BellevueBob. Well as my post here has completely verified my very first question, you seem to be unaware of the DVR Manager board as well since it is somewhat hidden, and why. "You spent a lot of time describing your experience with various Comcast people," I actually never said anything regarding my experience w/ comcast people because I have spoken to no one on these forums yet regarding my two posts. My very first question seems to me to be a valid, simple question, as I follow up with why one can not see this particular board. This post ties directly to my other post I mentioned since the board is not really easy to see or find for that matter, which may be a cause of low replies. Thank you for your observations and insight they are appreciated.

Problem Solver

SPIRITJCC98 wrote:

Thanks BellevueBob. Well as my post here has completely verified my very first question, you seem to be unaware of the DVR Manager board as well since it is somewhat hidden, and why. "You spent a lot of time describing your experience with various Comcast people," I actually never said anything regarding my experience w/ comcast people because I have spoken to no one on these forums yet regarding my two posts. My very first question seems to me to be a valid, simple question, as I follow up with why one can not see this particular board. This post ties directly to my other post I mentioned since the board is not really easy to see or find for that matter, which may be a cause of low replies. Thank you for your observations and insight they are appreciated.

Hey, I'm sorry, but I didn't understand your original question. I went to your history and found this posted yesterday:  http://forums.comcast.com/t5/DVR-Manager/DVR-MANAGER-AND-HOW-IT-WORKS/m-p/1974385.  My comments were about that particular post and I thought you were asking why no one had replied.

But now I understand the confusion.  Somehow, you posted to an "old" board that may not be active any longer; and you are right, I've never seen it before.  In other words, the only TV forums I know about are listed here:

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Xfinity-TV/ct-p/CTV

I can't say if that "DVR Manager" forum is supposed to be there at all; it might be left over from a persion version of their web site. I'm curious how you found that forum in the first place?  I wonder if there are other "hidden" forums on the site.

Good luck getting your problem solved and happy New Year.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation