New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Favorites channel list on line

New Poster

Favorites channel list on line

Favorites Tv listings

Can anyone tell me how to choose favorite channels in the TV "guide" on line. (Not on the remote) It used to simple. Now I have to wade through hundreds of channels we don't get or want to watch.

(Nick jr.....please...I am 62!) Thanks!

Official Employee

Re: Favorites channel list on line

bcleedy wrote:

Favorites Tv listings

Can anyone tell me how to choose favorite channels in the TV "guide" on line. (Not on the remote) It used to simple. Now I have to wade through hundreds of channels we don't get or want to watch.

(Nick jr.....please...I am 62!) Thanks!

Sorry for your frustration - you are not alone with this request!  Favorites channels will be added soon in an upcoming release.

In the meantime, you can use the search box at the top of the page and type in "Nick Jr" or any other channel.  Then click on the "Channel Collection" and chose which version of the channel you would like to watch. 

Best,
ComcastDan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

Thanks for responding so quickly!

However, this doesn't solve the problem. I want to see what is on at 8pm on my favorite channels, not when a certain program I might want to watch is on. When the new format launched I asked about this. I told it was being addressed and would be resolved soon. Define soon? It is really frustrating.

Official Employee

bcleedy wrote:

However, this doesn't solve the problem. I want to see what is on at 8pm on my favorite channels, not when a certain program I might want to watch is on. When the new format launched I asked about this. I told it was being addressed and would be resolved soon. Define soon? It is really frustrating.

You're welcome!  I appreciate how frustrating this can be. I know the technical team is working to get this out ASAP.  They do major updates about every 6 weeks (with minor updates and bug fixes in between). I'm not certain which release this feature will be in but expect it'll be the next one or the one after that.

If you have access to a smart phone, we have the XFINITY TV app for Android and iOS which offers TV Listings and has recently added Favorite channels. 

One other tip that may help a bit... many users don't know that they can click the date at the top of Live TV Listings (before scrolling down the page) to jump to a future date and time. 

Wish I could be more help on all this but I'll be sure to share your interest in this feature with the team.

Best,
ComcastDan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

If you use Chrome, maybe you will like this extension:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/hide-tv-listings-htvl/emahdgfobodhknccbigjmnhpgihmmjbf?aut...

There is a video that shows how to use it.

Regular Contributor

bcleedy wrote:

Since Comcast isn't giving us back the TV schedule grid we used to have (and loved and aren't going to get back), you might try going to Zap2It.com and registering there; it's free. You can set up your grid any way you like, including seeing up to 6 hours at a time. You can choose to show only your favorite channels and put them in any order that you like. You can also have favorite programs highlighted. Give it a try.

New Poster

I agree.  I hate going through channels i do not watch.  How "soon" is soon?

New Poster

I now use Zap2it http://tvlistings.zap2it.com/tvlistings/ZCGrid.do?reqfrom=logout&aid=zap2it which I got from the newspaper.  Have my favorites programmed which are all listed first - then the other channels follow after the last favorite channel.  Works pretty well.  Just register, select location, and you are ready to select your preferred (favorite) channels.  Basically works like infinity.com used to.

Regular Contributor

flyer45 wrote:

I now use Zap2it http://tvlistings.zap2it.com/tvlistings/ZCGrid.do?reqfrom=logout&aid=zap2it which I got from the newspaper.  Have my favorites programmed which are all listed first - then the other channels follow after the last favorite channel.  Works pretty well.  Just register, select location, and you are ready to select your preferred (favorite) channels.  Basically works like infinity.com used to.

Except that on the old website, you could browse for shows and then set your DVR to record them. The new guide is useless to me, so I have to use zap2it to browse the shows, and then go to the Xfinity site to set recordings. For what I pay Comcast, I shouldn't have to do that. 

New Poster

Today I went thru the entire guide grid, selected the STAR nxt to each fav channel then at the top left, selected filter then favorites. This updated my guide to only
Favorites. Did this on my fone.