Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Favorite Channels now available

Official Employee

Favorite Channels now available

Today we released an update to the XFINITY TV portal that includes the ability to select and filter upon Favorite Channels.

To select a Favorite Channel, click the star to the left of the channel logo within Live TV and several other places, including within Search. Once you have your Favorites selected, use the “Favorite Channels” filter within Live TV to display only those channels.

A couple tips:

• Your list of Favorite Channels will be the same for everyone in your household so you only need to tell us once and they will appear on all your devices, including in the XFINITY TV Remote, your X1 televisions, and (soon) the XFINITY TV mobile apps.
  • If you subscribe to HD service, you will have a better experience if you favorite the HD version of the channel (usually higher channel numbers). You can select the “High Definition” filter to ensure you only see the HD channels when doing your initial favoriting.

Note that as you scroll down the TV Listings, we auto-hide the top navigation. You can re-display it by clicking the down arrow in the top center of the screen.

Other notable features in this release include:

• A “Find” option within Live TV to quickly enter a channel name or number. Clicking the name will take you to the TV schedule. Clicking the play icon will stream the channel, if available.
  • A more compact Live TV grid that adjusts based on your monitor’s resolution to show more hours of programming in a single view.
  • Easier access to TV Go versions of Live TV channels when not connected to your in-home XFINITY network (applied to customers with XFINITY Internet and TV service).
  • Accessibility improvements for customers using screen readers.

As always, feedback is welcome and encouraged. We will continue to add and optimize features over time. The ability to create a Watchlist of your favorite shows and movies will be coming in a future update.

Best,
ComcastDan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

Re: Favorite Channels now available

Favorite channel is of limited value.  What most are asking for is 'favorite show' not recently watched.  The 'recently watched' shows scroll off after a period of time.  The favorite show feature in the old version of Xfinity TV allowed me to select a show and put it in a viewing history so that when a new season started I could simply go to the history and scroll through the list of favorite shows without having to do a search all over again.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation