New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Favorite Channels not working

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 1 of 8

The new Favorite Channels feature isn't working for me. I tried to reply to ComcastDan's post announcing it, but there is no reply button. I try to click on the stars to select a favorite channel, and nothing happens. There were a few channels which were already selected, and I can't click them off. Also, my HD channels are in the 700- low 800 range, but now there is another set of the same channels in the 1000 - 1700 number range which weren't there before. I can't select them either.

7 REPLIES
Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 2 of 8

have a similar problem listed above as "program grid".

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 3 of 8

swanda wrote:

The new Favorite Channels feature isn't working for me. I tried to reply to ComcastDan's post announcing it, but there is no reply button. I try to click on the stars to select a favorite channel, and nothing happens. There were a few channels which were already selected, and I can't click them off. Also, my HD channels are in the 700- low 800 range, but now there is another set of the same channels in the 1000 - 1700 number range which weren't there before. I can't select them either.

Sorry about that. Can you tell me what operating system and browser you were using? Also, if you have access to another browser, I'd be curious to know if you have issues there as well. Appreciate you letting us know and our technical team is on standby to look into your issue.

Also, the channels in the higher range that recently appeared recently are part of a master channel lineup project to create consistent channel "neighborhoods" across our entire footprint as part of an FCC mandate. 

-ComcastDan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 4 of 8

ComcastDan wrote:

swanda wrote:

Sorry about that. Can you tell me what operating system and browser you were using? Also, if you have access to another browser, I'd be curious to know if you have issues there as well. Appreciate you letting us know and our technical team is on standby to look into your issue.

Also, the channels in the higher range that recently appeared recently are part of a master channel lineup project to create consistent channel "neighborhoods" across our entire footprint as part of an FCC mandate. 

-ComcastDan

I am on a Macbook Air, running 10.12.3 Sierra, Safari 10.03. I don't have another browser because I have never needed one, and I think Comcast should be able to design a site that works with the official Mac browser.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 5 of 8

swanda wrote:

ComcastDan wrote:

swanda wrote:

-ComcastDan

I am on a Macbook Air, running 10.12.3 Sierra, Safari 10.03. I don't have another browser because I have never needed one, and I think Comcast should be able to design a site that works with the official Mac browser.

Thank you. Since this is the first report of any issues with this feature, your system information will help our techncal team troubleshoot and find the root cause.

-ComcastDan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 6 of 8

I am still unable to select favorite channels on the online channel guide. I try to click on the star and nothing happens. I tried selecting a couple favorites on the guide on the TV, and I was able to select them there, but they don't carry over to the online guide.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 7 of 8

I just checked again, and the favorites from the guide on the TV did eventually transfer to the online guide, so I should be able to do that, although it is a little more cumbersome and I wish I could just do it on the online guide.

Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 8 of 8

It does not work on Windows with IE or Firefox or Chrome.  Are there special browsers we should be using?