Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

FX Listings Messed up for 10pm Jan 30 in 94087

Regular Contributor

FX Listings Messed up for 10pm Jan 30 in 94087

Here in 94087, the listings for the FX channel (741) on Jan 30 show multiple instances of the same show heavily overlapped.

For example, the pilot of The Americans is a 90 minute show scheduled to show at 10pm, 11:30pm, 11:37pm, 1am and 1:14am.  Each time it is listed for a 90 minute showing.  Some shows following The Americans are also overlapping themselves and the end of The Americans.

Here's a screen shot of FX at 10pm for Jan 30, 2013.

Overlapping Shows

As an extra added pain, the 10pm show is shown as NEW but the show is not shown as being recorded even though the series is set to record.  And forcing the specific show to record also does not work.  Maybe I can get the PVR to record it via the Guide.

--Larry

Tags (1)
Regular Contributor

Re: FX Listings Messed up for 10pm Jan 30 in 94087

I see that ZAP2IT lists The Americans as a 97 minute show, not 90 minutes.  So the shows at 10pm, 11:37pm and 1:14am are the correct one.  The ones at 11:30pm and 1am are bogus. 

-Larry

Official Employee

Larrymcg62 wrote:

Here in 94087, the listings for the FX channel (741) on Jan 30 show multiple instances of the same show heavily overlapped.

For example, the pilot of The Americans is a 90 minute show scheduled to show at 10pm, 11:30pm, 11:37pm, 1am and 1:14am.  Each time it is listed for a 90 minute showing.  Some shows following The Americans are also overlapping themselves and the end of The Americans.

Here's a screen shot of FX at 10pm for Jan 30, 2013.

Overlapping Shows

As an extra added pain, the 10pm show is shown as NEW but the show is not shown as being recorded even though the series is set to record.  And forcing the specific show to record also does not work.  Maybe I can get the PVR to record it via the Guide.

--Larry

It is like this because it runs from 10 PM to 11:37 PM. If you click the 10 PM showing, it will show that in the right of the info box.

The replays run 11:37 Pm to 1:14 AM and 1:14 AM to 2:50 AM. Those smaller boxes should be blank though.

I will further look into it.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Regular Contributor

Not quite.  The 10pm showing, when you click on it, shows that it runs 10pm to 11:30.  The 11:30 showing shows 11:30pm to 1am.  Each of the 4 listings is listed as a 90 minute show.

Ultimate Fighter at 2am (Thurs am) has overlapping shows as does FXM Presents at 4:30am (Thurs).

Cheers,

Larry

Regular Contributor

I wasn't quite accurate on the show lengths:  the 10pm and 11:30pm shows are listed as 90 minutes.  The 11:37 show is listed as 97 mins and the 1:14 show is listed as 96 (not 97) minutes.

Regular Contributor

Re: Super Bowl Listings Messed up for 3:25 & 3:30 on Feb 3

Here we go again.  On Super Sunday (Feb 3) the Super Bowl listings look like this in zip 94087:

Super Bowl Kick Off Show: 3pm - 3:25 on CBS  (That's correct)

Super Bowl XLVII :  3:25pm - 7pm on CBS  (Could be correct)

Super Vowl XLVII :  3:30pm - 7pm on CBS (Big overlap with the 3:25 listing)

Just for fun I requested both the 3:25 and 3:30 listings to be recorded and the DVR lists both of them, one at 3:25 and one at 3:30 and both running to 7pm.  I wonder what the recorder will do?

I'm not recording anything else during those times so maybe it will actually do it.

I assume Comcast can't send the show out twice at the same time - that would be messy!

--Larry

Regular Contributor

Re: Walking Dead Listings Messed up for most of the day on AMC on Feb 3

Evidently there is a Walking Dead marathon on AMC HD in zip 94087.  There are many listings of the show that are overlapped.  For example, in the time from 3pm to 8p the show is listed about 13 times with lots of overlapping.  What is going on?  ZAP2IT has it right.

--Larry

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation