Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

FOX NEWS not working

ANSWERED
Regular Visitor

FOX NEWS not working

The xfinity tv to go ap will not play FOX NEWS NETWORK, all other channels seem fine. Interesting way to block viewers from unbiased reporting.
Accepted Solution

Re: FOX NEWS not working

Low and behold a reboot of my router corrected this issue. Any implied collaboration on any parties behalf to interfere with the delivery of the FOX NEWS CHANNEL Ihas been retracted and apologies offered for making such a statement.
View answer in context
Regular Visitor

Low and behold a reboot of my router corrected this issue. Any implied collaboration on any parties behalf to interfere with the delivery of the FOX NEWS CHANNEL Ihas been retracted and apologies offered for making such a statement.
New Poster

This is very interesting.  Since we got our X1 box in April, we haven't been able to record Fox News Channel to play back.  It records but playback only takes us to an ad.  How do we fix this.  Many Chats and calls have not corrected the problem.

New Poster

It worked - but seriously - Why? Must this all be gone. ???
Frequent Visitor

I have been through the comcast gauntlet for months now to no solution. May I state that the one stream and the only stream that crashes on comcast internet is the "FOXNEWS" stream. It's (supposedly) beyond comcast control. This is total BS! I am paying hard (very hard) earned money to pay for this sevice. I want what I pay for. That's all.

I am now looking for a new ISP.

Thanks Comcast for a very, very frustrating experience.

New Poster

Well Foxnews still drops off during HRC news, this is political favors going into the airwaves.  Yes, I rebooted the system router and PC, still not working.  Wish I could get another ISP, but like Obamacare, the list of providers around here.....is one.  

New Poster

We have a simmilar problem with our cable box.  Fox news is the ONLY channel that causes us issues.  The video and audio gets jumpy/ jittery.   All other channels work fine.  The appearance is simmilar to what you see when you have insufficent bandwidth.  Seems odd that this is the only channel affected.  I was getting ready to file a complaint but first decided to see if I was the only one having issues.  I suspected I was not and I also suspect there are many more affected consumers than the few who have spoken up here.

New Poster

I am experiencing the same problem... can't get Fox News, but ALL other channels seem to work.  This has happened on my system several times since I converted to X1 several months ago.   I am able to access the Fox News LD channel using an old adaptor, but haven't been able to access Fox HD channel for the past 12 hours. 

Frequent Visitor

I've had 2 different appointments about this and both times they would say it's fixed to only find the same problem reappear later the same day.  The last technician that came to the house said the signal is fine all the way to the house, but at the same time he said the signal is not reaching the box intact.  He made the comment that if it happens again, I would have to start trying to replace the cable lines in the house.  So let me get this straight, the cabling in my house works just fine for every other channel (and I have premium) except Fox News Channel.  How about I take my $280+/month bill and go somewhere else that doesn't filter content.  Pathetic.

New Poster

It just started with my tv today, both of them. Tried chat and didn't work. They want to send a tech back out. My x1 boxes are a month old and why only fox news?
New Poster

Exactly. I've have the new wireless technology installed about two months ago. One month ago, only Fox News HD channels begin pixelation... Channels. 950 and 1110. Channel 51 (non HD) works fine. I called for a tech but before he arrived, everything cleared up. Now, one month later, same thing. I've reset every device and unplugged everything. Every other channel works fine. This must be Comcast choking down this particular channel stream because of high usage. It better stop and now or I too will be looking for another provider.

New Poster

It has nothing to do with cables. I am at the beach in Mexico. All other channels work, Fox News reporting is interrupted by blue commercial screen promising to come back right after the break. However, the break might last more than 20 minutes and you can clearly see that parts of the program are cut off. It just makes me wonder if there are specific people behind that issue...

New Poster

I have the same problems , Fox News ( during Tucker & Hannity) goes to Commercial and never comes back. CNN and mSNbC, no problem. Switching to AT&T tomorrow and promising to bring 10 other Comcast customers with me.
New Poster

I am having the same issue. My screen says: Service Provider Issue. ...doesnt grant access...please contact. This is an on going problem. We spent hours with support. They get it working until a day or so later. Does anyone have a permanent fix for this issue?
New Poster

You are so right. Happens to me as well ALL THE TIME. It NEVER happens with CNN. They occasionally interrupt Fox Business as well I wonder if Fox News is aware of this scam Comcast is perpetrating. They always find it opportune to interrupt with the programming especially during commercials, and whenever it resumes, its either at the end of an important segment or just before a break. I call sabotage by Comcast on Fox News. Shame on U!

Frequent Visitor

Same problem here every night. COMCAST...FIX THIS PROBLEM NOW!!!

New Poster

Same problem here as well!!!

Frequent disconnections of steaming Fox News, while it does not happen to other channels.

I have setup a run-around remedy:

I set FoxNewsGo on my cellphone where each time I reconnect Fox News out there.

The additional problem is: I cannot setup my cell phone to remember my credentials, while my phone can remember other credentials. Each time, I must type my ID which must be my …@comcast.net email address + password (lots of typing). Then “Remember” check does not work, and any tiny mistake – you must retype all over again.

This happens near every time I switch the channel, it happens during watching and sometimes when I turn off watching.

I’ve got to 3-rd level of Xfinity support. His answer: it is not a Xfinity problem.

Any ideas of how to resolve this?

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats