Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

FLASH COMPATIBILITY ISSUE

New Poster

FLASH COMPATIBILITY ISSUE

I am using a Lenovo PCC wHicham meets your requirements. I use Firefox 48.0.2 and Adobe Flash Player version 22 (the latest version) and yet as of 9/10/16 I get a "FLASH COMPATIBILITY ISSUE" screen when I attempt to watch my recorded shows from my computer. And since Firefox has been the only browser that has not frozen up with recordings, I don't have the option of going to another browser.
Comcast Customer Assistance has replied to someone else's similar issue with a canned apology and requirement listing for optimal viewing get, but didn't actually address the problem, so please spare me the same reply and actually assist me, the customer. Thank you for your time.
Problem Solver

Re: FLASH COMPATIBILITY ISSUE

There was a new Flash update Wednesday 9/14/16.

Have you installed this update yet? Did it help your problem?

Regular Contributor

XisBS wrote:
I am using a Lenovo PCC wHicham meets your requirements. I use Firefox 48.0.2 and Adobe Flash Player version 22 (the latest version) and yet as of 9/10/16 I get a "FLASH COMPATIBILITY ISSUE" screen when I attempt to watch my recorded shows from my computer. And since Firefox has been the only browser that has not frozen up with recordings, I don't have the option of going to another browser.
Comcast Customer Assistance has replied to someone else's similar issue with a canned apology and requirement listing for optimal viewing get, but didn't actually address the problem, so please spare me the same reply and actually assist me, the customer. Thank you for your time.

Firefox does do streaming very well and generally has problems with flash.  Oddly the only browser that will play comcast streaming is IE.  Neither firefox nor chrome can do it. 

Regular Visitor

I just spoke to a Comcast tier two tech person.   He insisted the only way I could watch TV on my computer and get the channel TV guide was by using Chrome.   He insists that any problem using Firefox is a problem with Firefox.  I can access my email with Firefox as my browser but clicking the TV icon gives me a ' you need the current version of FLASH' message.  This have been happening since early Nov. 2016.   I've downloaded the current version of Flash repeatedly but it does work with Firefox/ Xfinity TV.  I am sorely disappointed.  Comcast should make their services compatible with all browsers.  

Problem Solver

There are a couple of problems here causing these complaints coming almost weekly.

First one is that Adobe Flash seems to have new vulnerabilities and requires fixes every week or two. It would be nice if Comcast could drop it but too many customer's devices still only work on Flash and cannot be upgraded to HTML.

The next problem is I.E., Chrome, Foxfire, and Comcast Xfinity TV website, all don't have the exact same Flash version their Certificate relies on so your current device being used , or the Comcast site will reject the other's certificate. The end result in "No joy" and your out of luck.

You basically need to try more than one system to see what works on a given day. It looks like Chrome for the moment.

Bronze Problem Solver

The comcast rep you spoke with is incorrect, I've been using FF since they changed to this stupid new website. It must have something to do with your FF settings.

bjayne2 wrote:

I just spoke to a Comcast tier two tech person.   He insisted the only way I could watch TV on my computer and get the channel TV guide was by using Chrome.   He insists that any problem using Firefox is a problem with Firefox.  I can access my email with Firefox as my browser but clicking the TV icon gives me a ' you need the current version of FLASH' message.  This have been happening since early Nov. 2016.   I've downloaded the current version of Flash repeatedly but it does work with Firefox/ Xfinity TV.  I am sorely disappointed.  Comcast should make their services compatible with all browsers.  

New Poster

I continue to get the FLASH COMPATABILITY ISSUE problem when trying to stream from my PC at home.  I'm using Internet Explorer. Comcast support had me download flash driver updates from different links without success.  They had no other suggestions to fix the problem.  Kinda lame.

Between my home and biz accounts, I spend $600/mon with Comcast and expect better performance. 

Frequent Visitor

This website has to go. Since the update I can barely watch anything online with out crashes, not starting, choppy low quaility video. My internet is 300mb running a i7 6700k with SSD's. I even went as far as to reformat my drives and start over and still same issues. Please for the love of god go to html5. You have already took away a lot of the features people were using at least make sure we can stream shows. Do you guys use your own service or do you just see the problems and ignore them?

Service Expert

Steven_L wrote:

This website has to go. Since the update I can barely watch anything online with out crashes, not starting, choppy low quaility video. My internet is 300mb running a i7 6700k with SSD's. I even went as far as to reformat my drives and start over and still same issues. Please for the love of god go to html5. You have already took away a lot of the features people were using at least make sure we can stream shows. Do you guys use your own service or do you just see the problems and ignore them?

What is your browser and O/S (I assume Win10)?

I have the same processor on my new HP Pavilion and my internet is 250 down.

I am using Chrome and I don't have the issues you seem to have.  But I probably watch as much as you do, since I have the X1 System.  But when I watch with my PC, I probably use the same URL you do:

https://tv.xfinity.com/

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

I have tried all three. I seem to have more problems if I am watching a recorded show from the dvr not sure how to use the cloud one yet. I am not sure if that would result in better proformance. I do not watch on a regular TV because I work a lot and the kids and wife take over the tv. So the only way to watch my shows is on my computer. I never had any problems even with the flash prior to the new update of the site. Edge seems to be better at streaming but if its coming from the DVR it stops every 1min or so. 

New Poster

I have the exact reverse problem.  It doesnot work in Google, but does in FireFox.  I had been using CyberFox but it is being discontinued.  I also used WaterFox.  However, when I uninstalled FireFox I could not watch in either WaterFox or CyberFox so I reinstalled FireFox and I can view in all three.  I have found IE to be really slow.

However, I can't watch XFinity TV in Google at all.  Very frustrating.

New Poster

Re: FLASH COMPATIBILITY ISSUE - Possible Solution

This may be a source of help for some.   One thing that may be an issue is if the Flash Player is not enabled for the browser.  Keep in mind, it is possible for it to be enabled for a computer globally but turned off selectively in certain browsers - so, while it will play in one it will not play in another.   

Adobe has a tool, currently, at:  https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html

Run the tool in the browser or each browser you want to use to watch XFinity TV.  You must do it for each browser you use.

Most browsers will give you an option, for security purposes, for various add-ons such as Flash and Java-Script.  In Google, you are given three choices.   They are:

• Allow sites to run Flash
  • Ask first before allowing sites to run Flash (recommended)
  • Block sites from running Flash

I have found with XFinity TV that I never get the permission request (for the second of the three choices; however, this can also be the result of a browser security setting which does not allow pop-ups or a similar setting in your anti-virus.

For me, I allow allow sites to run flash and this seems to take care of any problems.

My suggestions:

• Check to see if the browser you are using has Allow sites to Run Flash set by default; and,
  • Check your security settings to see if pop-ups for XFinity are enabled (declaring *.Xfinity.com a safe zone).  You may also need to check your anti-virus as well.

However, allowing it to run automatically can expose you to security vulnerabilities.  You'll have to weigh the risks. 

I hope that this post helps someone out there.

New Poster

I am using chrome latest verison, and windows 10 home version 1607, with os build 14393.1480 intel core i7*6700 cpu @ 3.40ghz 64bit with 16gb ram installed. i bought this system about 6 months ago and i've used it with xfinity tv online all this time until two days ago when i started getting the "update to the latest verision of adobe flash player" error message. (compatibility issues). I've made sure its enabled in the settings on chrome. xfinity is the only place i am getting this problem. every channel i watch works except this one. like i said it started two days ago. i'm getting really ticked off because your chat won't let me in. i click to continue to chat and it just does nothing. the chat totally disappears and takes me back to the main chat page to pick an option. i do ALL my tv watching online thru xfinity. i'm issing everything because i'm at work and can't watch them during normal tv hours. can you PLEASE fix this? its obviously not adobe's issue as its working with all the other stations which I watch online too now. but i can't get hbo and some other channels exept through your tv website. HELP ME.

Service Expert

Digikatt85 wrote:

I am using chrome latest verison, and windows 10 home version 1607, with os build 14393.1480 intel core i7*6700 cpu @ 3.40ghz 64bit with 16gb ram installed. i bought this system about 6 months ago and i've used it with xfinity tv online all this time until two days ago when i started getting the "update to the latest verision of adobe flash player" error message. (compatibility issues). I've made sure its enabled in the settings on chrome. xfinity is the only place i am getting this problem. every channel i watch works except this one. like i said it started two days ago. i'm getting really ticked off because your chat won't let me in. i click to continue to chat and it just does nothing. the chat totally disappears and takes me back to the main chat page to pick an option. i do ALL my tv watching online thru xfinity. i'm issing everything because i'm at work and can't watch them during normal tv hours. can you PLEASE fix this? its obviously not adobe's issue as its working with all the other stations which I watch online too now. but i can't get hbo and some other channels exept through your tv website. HELP ME.

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/XFINITY-Stream-Website/Xfinity-Stream-Live-TV-On-Demand-no-longer-works...

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

My error posted yesterday and it is exactly like what you describe.

Digikatt85 wrote: