Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Everything 4:1?

New Poster

Everything 4:1?

I am surprised there are no other posts about this.  I have tried Firefoxx, Chrome and Microsoft Edge ... so it isn;t browser related, but regardless of what I choose to watch for live TV on my PC, even though my monitor is 1980x1080 resolution, I get this scrunched up, ridiculous looking resolution on playback.

Any reason we're not allowed to watch stuff in widescreen?  One can definitely tell the show is not 4:1 ... because the scene looks scrunched.

I have verified it is not my PC.  Resolution is fine.  Browsers are all fine.  But Comcast assured that there are no resolution settings to choose from.

Official Employee

Re: Everything 4:1?

gdhrtdwmn wrote:

I am surprised there are no other posts about this.  I have tried Firefoxx, Chrome and Microsoft Edge ... so it isn;t browser related, but regardless of what I choose to watch for live TV on my PC, even though my monitor is 1980x1080 resolution, I get this scrunched up, ridiculous looking resolution on playback.

Any reason we're not allowed to watch stuff in widescreen?  One can definitely tell the show is not 4:1 ... because the scene looks scrunched.

I have verified it is not my PC.  Resolution is fine.  Browsers are all fine.  But Comcast assured that there are no resolution settings to choose from.

Please select the "High Definition" filter in the Live TV section found near the top of the page.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation