Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Errors streaming many channels – Error 102100.29: Loading of the specified resource has failed

SOLVED
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 51 of 90

The status page no longer shows an outage for me. So I tried the broken channels. No luck. I logged out and cleared the cache and cookies. Then I logged back in again. No luck. *sigh*

Hmm... I just double checked the status page, and now it's showing the outage again. I guess it will go on and off for awhile.

Posted by
Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 52 of 90

Still not working for me.  However, now when I try to watch Root Sports, it just sits there trying to connect.  10 minutes later, still trying with no error messages.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 53 of 90

Aaeros wrote:

Still not working for me.  However, now when I try to watch Root Sports, it just sits there trying to connect.  10 minutes later, still trying with no error messages.

Try this. First, play a channel that works. Then try Root Sports again. I bet you get the error message.

I have noticed that the bad channels sit forever trying to connect until one of the working channels is viewed. Then the bad channels will give the error code.

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 54 of 90
Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 55 of 90

Well when I look at my account status it shows outage in my area and  X1 TV, Internet and Voice not connected.  However everything is working fine, except for the streaming stations that still don't work.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 56 of 90

Day 15.

I'm still getting the outage notice. The channels are still broken. 5PM will be the 48 hour deadline. I'm not holding my breath.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 57 of 90

I've been watching the status page. The outage message keeps going off and on (more on, meaning there is an outage, than off).

Now I can't get the listing page. I'm getting the "Now connecting to your entertainment experience" message with three moving dots, but it won't connect.

I'm hoping this is a sign that they're working on it.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 58 of 90

Well my status page now shows all systems connected and Green. 

The Message:

We'll soon be performing scheduled maintenance in your area. You may notice an interruption to your service. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Is all that shows now.

No change in streaming channels to computer.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 59 of 90

Tested again.  USA - works.  Root Sports - getting the error still.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 60 of 90

ramctd wrote:

Well my status page now shows all systems connected and Green. 

The Message:

We'll soon be performing scheduled maintenance in your area. You may notice an interruption to your service. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Is all that shows now.

No change in streaming channels to computer.

I'm getting the exact same thing. It went from "outage" to "no outage" to the message you posted above. I've been getting that message most of the day.

The broken channels are still broken.

The promised callback after 48 hours never came. If they don't call me back tonight or tomorrow morning, I'll call them to check on ticket. I'll post any update I get (or whatever they tell me).

I never, ever thought this would become such a big ordeal. I have never had this kind of problem with any service/utility company before (and I'm no spring chicken). Heck, I don't think I've ever had a problem left unresolved for so long by any company. I used to work customer service for a cable company many years ago (specialized in VIPs and Irate Customers), and we never had this kind of problem go on for so long. I also used to be a programmer for IBM (again, years ago), and having anything not work for this length of time would have you fired. It is appalling that Comcast has not fixed this by now.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 61 of 90

It's now day 16!

The status page is all cleared now. No outages or warnings of scheduled maintenance and everything is connected.

So I checked the channels... They are STILL broken!

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 62 of 90

I'm getting the same message "Now connecting to your entertainment experience."  If I refresh, it cycles through the three dots, as if it's trying to load, but can't.  I've just spent another 20 minutes on the phone, and I'm asked what app I'm using.  Since I'm connecting through tv.xfinity.com via Google Chrome, I'm unaware of any app.  Does anyone know which app she's referring to?  Thanks and cheers.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 63 of 90

emeadows317 wrote:

Does anyone know which app she's referring to?  Thanks and cheers.

An app is used on a smart phone, a tablet, or a Roku. No app is used on a computer. A browser is used on a computer.

In other words, the person you talked to was absolutely clueless. She clearly did not comprehend even the basic detail of the problem. She was probably reading from a card and not using her brain. Seems to be very common with Comcast support and part of the reason why this problem has continued for so long.

EDITED TO ADD: In talking with Comcast's techs, I found that they call their website html page an "app." Although it is technically correct to call the website page html code which is 'read' by a browser (the browser is an application, i.e., app), Comcast can use whatever terminology they want. So if they commonly refer to the html code as an app, then the tech you talked with was trying to ask you whether you were using the web app, the mobile app, or some other app (such as Roku). Therefore, she wasn't clueless, but she failed to understand the difference between Comcast terminology and the terminology regularly used outside of Comcast. She should have explained this when you questioned her (as the tech did for me when I asked the same question).

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 64 of 90

On this issue of error 102100.29 and inability to receive streaming channels on my pc, I have now spoken with agents on Level 1, Level 2, Level 3 and Advanced Repair, a total of seven different people.  I received a ticket number from the second person I spoke with.  Each subsequent time I spoke with a different person,  I gave them my ticket number, but still had to answer a series of questions about my account, my system (browser, operating system, etc), and a complete detailed description of the problem I was experiencing.  I kept getting this canned answer of to expect a resolution or at least a status update in 24 to 48 hours.  I only received one call back- which was to ask for additional information.  That I provided, and then was told to expect a call back within 72 hours.  The clock is ticking and times up this evening.  As others have said, it appears that if your problem does not appear on their standard script, they are clueless and are of no help whatsoever.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 65 of 90

Just checked again.  Still broken.   I never heard anything back from my initial reporting of this issue 2 weeks ago.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 66 of 90

Day 17 and no change.

It seems Comcast does not have the ability to fix it.

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 67 of 90

I have encountered more frustration with the Comcast customer support group.  Since they had missed their promised 72 hour call back due on Friday, I waited till Saturday morning to call them  My ticket had been  issued for the third level technical support group.The first person I spoke with there informed me that ticket had been closed !!!.  I asked why they had done this since the issue had not been resolved.  The person I was speaking with had no answer to that. So then I called the  the Advanced Repair group.  The first person I spoke with there confirmed my ticket  had been closed.  So I had to spend ten minutes explaining what my issue was, the error code I received, 102100.29, etc, etc,etc.  By this time I was getting very angry, and probably said some things I should not have.  I demanded to speak to a supervisor.  I did not get that, but did get to someone who was able to do some further checking on the error code.  He provided me with another ticket number, and a direct telephone number to obtain future information.  He also told me that Comcast had determined it was their problem dealing with streaming content, but as of yet had not deveolped a fix.  He assured me I would receive a phone call when the problem had been resolved.  

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 68 of 90

I can appreciate your frustration, 

• The list of channels I have aren't helpful because the channels change, depending on the area being affected.
  • They have linked the following error codes to the same service issue:
    • DRM-1
  • A note on the ticket was entered today that referred to "Cloud TV triage." (Xfinity Cloud TV info)
  • Dan said the ticket was "escalated pretty high on the severity list."

Dan could not say when the issue would be fixed (which is understandable), but he said I should hear something from them tomorrow. If I don't hear from them by tomorrow late afternoon, I should call them back.

He also said that they will call back every person on the ticket when it's fixed. I asked, "so if there are 50 people on the ticket, you'll call all 50?" Dan replied, "if there were 1,000 on the ticket, we'd make 1,000 phone calls." That surprised me. I inquired about the "other customer who's ticket got closed without being notified," and all Dan could say is that it must have been listed under a different issue.

I'm at least encouraged that my ticket was not closed. At first, I resisted that the issue I'm having is related to any national outage, but it made more sense once I talked to Dan and he explained how the channels will be different for each area.

So... we wait again. The good news is that it appears my ticket has been merged with others having the same problem which strengthens my claim and increases the chance that they'll actually try to fix it. I'll report back if I hear anything new.

Oh, and today marks 18 days for the channels to be broken.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 69 of 90

Yep, still not working..  This is just sad how long it's been down.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 70 of 90

I live in California and it has been doing it here too for the past week or so. They seriously need to do something about it.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 71 of 90

I found another thread with people experiencing the same problem we're having, but they are getting a DRM-1 error because they're using a Roku. I left a message letting them know about this thread and that Comcast has a national ticket on the problem which links the error code we're getting (102100.29) with the error code they're getting (DRM-1). One of the forum experts, 

link to my initial post in that thread.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 72 of 90

I dont have Ruko or anything else.  This use to work and no longer does.  At this point, I would love to know what the comcast engineers are doing.  So far, from my perspective, they aren't doing a @#$@#$ thing.   3 weeks now and it doesn't work.  Not status updates, no nothing.  This is customer service at its worst.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 73 of 90

Had a small emergency (kitten learned to jump on counter and ingested toxic plant) so I didn't have a chance to call them this afternoon. I'll call them in the morning.

Just checked, and the channels are still broken. Today was day 19. Unbelievable.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 74 of 90

Day 20 and it's still not fixed.

Tried to call, but got put on hold for a long time for the next customer service rep. It never asked me to enter my ticket number so I think it bumped me down to level 1. I finally hung up. I'll try back later.

I'm also starting a spreadsheet with all the events that have happened so far (when I called, names, what happened, etc). I may publish this in on my website. At least people who are considering getting Comcast will have a true idea of what this company is like.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 75 of 90

Today is day 21 (3 full weeks).

UPDATE!

I called Advanced Repair. At first, I was connected with a level 2 tech. I figured it out by his responses. I have found a marked difference between level 2 and level 3 techs. I won't waste my time with level 2 anymore. I was transferred to level 3 (after I strongly insisted).

Then I talked to Barbara in level 3. She was very helpful in giving me information on the tickets (mine and the national outage "SI" tickets). Below are my notes. Some things are just fragments (it was hard to write it all down quickly). But anyone who knows anything about this stuff can probably get some idea of what's going on.

• Gave me direct number to Level 3: 800-718-7419
    • Advanced Repair has both, level 2 and level 3. This number should connect us directly to level 3.
  • Last update notes on my ticket by Steven (July 6) my ticket was linked it to SI ticket "outage"
  • SI is on highest level -- Problem Management Ticket ← it's being handled by a team, not just one tech
    • SI ticket only has 7 people; all in Houston area ← only 7 is big surprise
    • problem is still under investigation
  • Notes on SI ticket
    • Cloud TV team -- still investigating
    • intermittent ← I told her the problem is NOT intermittent
    • Pilar Bug ← pilar needs to be corrected
      • (something) pointing to it
      • does not support the media
      • format software / media player
      • not writing fragments for all profiles
      • upstream okay, but downstream not getting to us
  • Problem not found yet so no date for fix
  • She added notes on my ticket (which will come up on the SI ticket)
    • the problem only occurs when using a browser (chrome, firefox, safari) on a computer (Mac, PC, laptop, desktop)
    • the problem channels DO play on smartphones, tablets, and TVs
    • workaround found for two channels by turning Play Best Available to OFF
      • channels 4 and 37 are then able to stream
      • channel 5 stops streaming (maybe more; I did not check them all)
      • this is consistent -- channels switch back when turning option back ON

What I'm understanding is that they are working on the problem; it seems they have pinpointed the general area of the problem, but can't figure out the specific cause. They know it has something to do with Cloud TV and the "pilar" (if someone knows what that is, please tell me). It seems that something about the pilar is causing the downstream to not reach us (it's not writing all fragments for all profiles). It has to do with the software not working with the media player.

Barbara was very nice and helpful. The notes she was reading had two things I disagreed with: the problem is intermittent and the channels don't work on an iPhone. She agreed to add notes clarifying the specifics of the problem we're experiencing (see above). Although it's been ages since I was an active programmer, the basics are still the same. Identifying when a problem happens vs not happening can give a hint to the cause by comparison of the two. Perhaps Comcast already knows this, but Barbara agreed it was best to include the information just in case they did not know (who knows what these lower level techs wrote on our tickets).

So... we continue to wait. At least I feel better knowing they're working on it. I am not encouraged hearing that they still cannot figure out what's causing it.

If you are experiencing this problem and have not had a ticket issued, please call them to get one issued for you. I believe the more people complaining will make it a higher priority. If you have a ticket already, call level 3 at 800-718-7419 and tell them it should be linked to the "outage" ticket SI-021459007.

I hope this update is somewhat helpful. I will continue to call level 3 every few days to get an update. I'll post anything I find out.

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 76 of 90
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 77 of 90

RoyMercer wrote:
Complexity2, thanks for the follow up.

You're very welcome, RoyMercer. It is nice to know I'm not alone with this issue (not that I'd wish it on anyone else).

And to keep up with the running count of the days, today is day 22. I wonder how high this number will have to go before we see a fix. *sigh*

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 78 of 90

Day 23 and it's stil not fixed. I find it difficult to believe that they really cannot figure out what's wrong after all this time.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 79 of 90

I almost can't believe it, but on a whim I just logged into the Xfinity TV streaming portal on my desktop and was able to successfully stream the Astros-Twins game! I'm watching it right now. 

Not sure how significant this is in relation to the problem we've all been having, but I noticed that the Root Sports rebranding is apparently complete as it no longer shows up as Root in the channel listings, but as AT&T Sportsnet. 

Everyone that's been affected over the past three weeks should log in and give it a try - hopefully what I'm seeing isn't an isolated occurrence, and the problem has finally been resolved. 

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 80 of 90
Solution

YES!! IT IS FIXED!!!

I have not tried all the channels, but I tried a few of the broken ones, and they work now! I hope this is the end of a long process of getting them to fix it!!

I am so happy!!! 

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 81 of 90

Takes long time to load: Something I noticed. Some of the channels take a longer time to load than normal. When I get to the screen with the 3 moving dots graphic, I have counted the dots "move" 25 times before the show finally appears. So don't back out too quickly, thinking the channel is still broken. Give it some time for it to load. Comcast may have put in some kind of workaround to get it working without having the final fix completed. At least we can watch the shows now!

Log out and back in: Remember to log out and back in to be sure you're connecting to the fixed version of the website. When I did it, it redirected the page many times (while logging out) and then finally gave me the log in page. I logged in and got the "connecting device" graphic. Then I selected "Live TV" and "all listings," When you get to that point, you should be able to stream the channels now.

Play Best Available: Also, if you used the tip from earlier to turn "Play Best Available" to the off position, remember to switch it back. Click the gear icon to the right of the search box at the top of the page. Then select "Playback Preferences" and then finally turn "Play Best Available" to the ON position.

Let us know if anyone has any problems. Hopefully, it's fixed for us all!

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 82 of 90

Hallelujah!!!!  You are correct, at least the 5 or 6 I use are working now.  Thanks for your dogged effort and updates.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 83 of 90

The only thing I noticed is that CBS 611 is no longer HD when streaming to computer. 

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 84 of 90

I never received the promised phone call from xfinity-comcast when this problem was fixed (I am not surprised), but when I saw Complexity2's posting, I decided to check my system.  It is FIXED!!!  Finally.  THANK YOU Complexity2 for your efforts on this.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 85 of 90

ramctd wrote:

The only thing I noticed is that CBS 611 is no longer HD when streaming to computer. 

Same here. Try channel 11 instead. It's defaulting to channel 1011 when it streams which is HD.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 86 of 90

I'm waiting to see if Comcast calls me like they kept promising they would. Plus, once the issue is fixed, their billing department is supposed to determine how much my account is credited so I'm waiting to see what they offer as a fair credit. Anyone else who had a ticket should also expect a credit.

I'm also curious to know if the notes level 3 tech Barbara added helped fix the problem.

Once the credit is issued and Comcast calls as promised (or I give up and call them), I'll then mark this issue as solved.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 87 of 90

Hello

I noticed this thread last week when reading through the Mobile Apps forums; thank you for linking to it. I was able to check on the ticket number you posted and followed up with our production support team. The issue was that the streams you list below had been updated to a different format that was not supported by the web player. That change has been reverted, so the streams should be working again now. Please let me know if they aren't, and I'll follow up with production support again. Many apologies for the lengthy outage.

Best,

LHC

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 88 of 90

ComcastLoriHC wrote:

I noticed this thread last week when reading through the Mobile Apps forums; thank you for linking to it.

Thank you for mentioning this. I got some flack from an "expert" for posting that link. I'm glad you saw it and could follow up on the issue.

ComcastLoriHC wrote:

I was able to check on the ticket number you posted and followed up with our production support team. The issue was that the streams you list below had been updated to a different format that was not supported by the web player. That change has been reverted, so the streams should be working again now. Please let me know if they aren't, and I'll follow up with production support again. Many apologies for the lengthy outage.

Yes, it has been fixed. And your description matches what I had been told by the Level 3 techs. It is so nice to have this fixed!

I am curious if you can find out... Why did it take so long to fix it? And what caused them to finally figure out what was wrong? I'm mostly curious whether the information I gave Barbara that was added to my ticket's notes (CR714606419) on 7-12 made any difference. If so, I'd very much like to thank Barbara for taking the time to listen and add the notes.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 89 of 90

Hello again

I didn't personally see any notes from Barbara, but I commend her also for listening and trying to help. Troubleshooting is an art that starts with getting the right eyes on the problem—and that happened at the end of last week. Thanks again for your persistence, and sorry it took so long to get it sorted.

LHC

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 90 of 90

Okay, thank you for the information and expressed concern for how long it took to get fixed. At least it is fixed now. I can go back to normal life again. Smiley Happy

I'm still waiting to see how much credit Comcast is going to offer for the channels being out for so long, but I went ahead and marked the issue solved. The channels have been working for a few days so I feel confident it's really fixed.