Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Errors streaming many channels – Error 102100.29: Loading of the specified resource has failed

SOLVED
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 1 of 90

There are at least 20 stations (49 channels in all) in the Houston, TX area that have been unable to stream for the last two days (edited: 23 days now).

I get the error code: Error 102100.29: Loading of the specified resource has failed

The channels that I'm getting this error are (channels are for Houston, TX):

• Access TV ........................ 17/1075 ....... ACCES
  • AntennaTV ........................ 318/1158 ...... ANTEN (KIAH-DT2)
  • Buzzr ............................ 306/1174 ...... BUZZR (KTXH-DT4)
  • CBS .............................. 11 ............ KHOU
  • CBS HD ........................... 611/1011 ...... KHOUD (KHOU-DT)
  • Comet ............................ 317/1159 ...... COMET (KIAH-DT3)
  • Daystar .......................... 20/322/1022 ... KLTJ
  • Decades .......................... 305/1175 ...... DECAD (KTXH-DT3)
  • Fox Sports ....................... 37 ............ FSHOU
  • Fox Sports HD .................... 637/1250 ...... FSHOU
  • Houston Community College ........ 19/1081 ....... HCCTV
  • KTBU ............................. 55/1055 ....... KTBU
  • Leased Access .................... 75/1098 ....... LEASE
  • MeTV ............................. 311/1178 ...... METV (KUBE-DT4)
  • Multimedios ...................... 325/1043 ...... KHLM (KHLM-LD)
  • Municipal Access ................. 16/1070 ....... MUNI
  • My Network TV (My20Houston) ...... 4 ............. KTXH
  • My Network TV (My20Houston) HD ... 604/1020 ...... KTXHD (KTXH-DT)
  • NBCSN ............................ 49 ............ NBCSN
  • NBCSN HD ......................... 649/1207 ...... NBCSP
  • NFL Network ...................... 113 ........... NFL
  • NFL Network HD ................... 600/1215 ...... NFLHD
  • ROOT Sports ...................... 39 ............ ROOT
  • ROOT Sports HD ................... 639/1251 ...... ROOTD
  • TBS .............................. 51 ............ TBS
  • TBS HD ........................... 651/1434 ...... TBSHD
  • Univision ........................ 10 ............ KXLN
  • Univision HD ..................... 610/1045 ...... KXLND (KXLN-DT)

I noticed a lot of the channels having problems are local, but it's inconsistent. For example, the following local channels are streaming without any problems:

• CW ............................... 5 ............. KIAH
  • CW HD ............................ 605/1039 ...... KIAHD (KIAH-DT)
  • KUBE ............................. 53 ............ KUBE
  • KUBE HD .......................... 653/1057 ...... KUBED (KUBE-DT)
  • Movies! .......................... 308/1176 ...... MOVIE (KTXH-DT2)
  • Bounce ........................... 310/1154 ...... BOUNC (KHOU-DT2)
  • many more

This is what I get for the Customer Service Diagnosics (the video info changes, of course):

• Build number: 305
  • Browser: Safari 10.0.3
  • Flash version: 26.0.0.131
  • Entitlements: cvod, tve-vod, tve-linear, clinear, est
  • Last fingerprint: cloudtv_web_polymer_0_prod_1498238793836_18327
  • Stream provider: primetime
  • Video ID: tvgrid/listing/2007433606231700109/?channelId=6131347516536195104
  • Stream ID: tag:xfinitytv.comcast.net,2013:channel-station:9222157943348402117:chNum:1178:callSign:MeTV#stream:format:CIF
  • Error code: 102100.29
  • Error description: Loading of the specified resource has failed
  • Error aux info: http://ccr.dashcif-katy-tx.xcr.comcast.net/MeTV_SD_KATYdTX_24004_0_5217483354126656163/manifest.mpd?...
  • Video Provider: 1178 MeTV
  • Video Source: TVListing
  • Video Title: Hack Prine

The problem channels are working fine on my TV so it's just the streaming that's having problems. They used to stream just fine. In fact I was streaming one of the channels yesterday when it just went black. Now I can't stream it and many other channels.

Is this a problem with Comcast/Xfinity? Or the stations? Or something on my end? Is there anything I can do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 80 of 90
Solution

YES!! IT IS FIXED!!!

I have not tried all the channels, but I tried a few of the broken ones, and they work now! I hope this is the end of a long process of getting them to fix it!!

I am so happy!!! 

89 REPLIES
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2 of 90

I just checked, and I am able to stream the problem channels on my iPad and iPhone without any problems. I'm at home so everything is using the same wi-fi as my laptop.

I then tried to stream the channels using other browsers on my laptop.

• Firefox: Same exact response as I got with the Safari browser. Good channels play. Problem channels get error 102100.29.
  • Chrome: I didn't even get the tv listing. Instead, I received the error message below. This error persisted even after I made sure flash was set to on and added the exception of [*.]xfinity.com always. I also confirmed that flash was installed and working using Adobe's website.

Sorry, we're having some trouble

XFINITY Stream is not available at the moment. Please try back soon.

(Error xacsa.xact.3322.1000136: FatalDrmError)

So the problem seems to have something to do with the https://tv.xfinity.com/listings website.

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 3 of 90

I am having the s ame issue trying to watch houston channels on my compute, but have no issue watching on the same account on my Iphone. Cant watch root sports.

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 4 of 90

Same problem here. I haven't gone through all the channels as Root is normally one of the few channels I stream from my desktop, but just spot-checked a couple of other Houston channels such as the local ABC network affiliate and they worked fine. Like the OP, this just started happening yesterday (June 22) - I've been frequently streaming the Astros games from the desktop in question, and have been unable to connect to Root Sports yesterday or today. Googled the error code and this thread was the first hit. 

Desktop is running Win7 and Chrome browser (although I got the same error with Firefox) and connected directly to a router via a wired connection. The same channel is streaming just fine over wifi to my iPad and iPhone, and likewise comes in just fine using the X1 set-top box connected to my main TV. 

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 5 of 90

It's still not working. This is day 3 for me. At least I know I'm not alone which confirms my suspicion that this is an xfinity problem and not anything on my end.

I just wish someone from Comcast will check into this problem. I really don't want to call them. Calling or chatting with them usually doesn't get anything resolved and then I have to constantly reject their sales pitch to upgrade to one of the bundles. I suspect the customer service reps get commission for sales, but not for fixing anything.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 6 of 90
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 7 of 90

Great. It's still not working, and no one is willing to help. PMs to the Comcast employees who post in this forum have gone ignored (even though I've seen one of them post in here after my PM).

I can't see the TV set very well so I count on streaming TV because I can see the laptop screen since it's much closer to me. Plus, I don't have a coaxial wire in my bedroom so I can only get TV by streaming it. So losing the ability to stream those channels is basically leaving me without TV.

I have been a customer since the Time Warner days and have always paid my bills on time every month, every year, every decade. I went for years without cable when they went all digital because I didn't have one of their ugly boxes, but I still paid my bills without complaint because I considered it my fault for not reporting it to them (although, it wasn't hard for them to see I could not possibly watch the cable since I did not have a box). And this is what I get for being such a loyal, cooperative, and understanding customer. Smiley Sad

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 8 of 90

I'm having the same problem. It started several days ago. I work at home quite a bit, and use the stream to watch the Astros while working. Don't bother with customer service, they have no clue. And...I was referred to higher tier help that was going to call...well that call never came. I'm using Safari/Mac so I'm not sure this is a browser specific issue. I'll let you know if I can get it figured out. We'll have to, cause help ain't a comin'.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 9 of 90

@NVINT, you are so right. I just finished chatting with support. They were useless. Absolutely useless. The person tried to tell me that there has been an outage in my area for the last 10 days... and they will do scheduled maintenance in my area "sooner." He could not define "sooner" (sooner than what?). He could not explain how an outage in my area can affect the Comcast website. He tried by suddenly saying that the outage is affecting the internet, too. Oh, man, the lack of logic this guy had. He made absolutely no sense whatsoever.

So, basically, they have a long standing outage that they plan to fix... well, who knows when... which they use to ignore other problems. Everything that goes wrong gets put under the umbrella of "the outage."

He did throw $15 at me, thinking that somehow he could buy me off. That didn't work, but he kept reminding me of his $15 generosity.

Then all he could do was repeat himself. He was clearly reading off a script. Copying and pasting most likely. When he did not comprehend the problem, he came up with the "outage" as the big answer and repeated that over and over again. Of course, I gave up in frustration. I think that was his end goal.

There was one thing that was good. This was the first time I have contacted Comcast in which they did not try to sell me a bundle contract. I guess the rep had at least enough common sense to not try to sell more to a customer who was discussing cancelling their existing service.

I will escalate this. Somehow, they have to get the message that there is a problem! They can't fix something they refuse to acknowledge is broken. Sticking their heads in the sand and hoping we'll go away isn't the answer.

BTW, don't bother trying other browsers. I did that. Same exact error. It is not anything on our side. It is something messed up with Comcast.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 10 of 90

Just wanted to let everyone know I was on the phone until around 8pm today and 1 hr and 45 minutes later I made it to the higher ups who finally understood some of the problem we are having. if you talk to anyone else they have no clue and just want you to reset your system....... I have a ticket number and hsould have people working on the issue hopefully. Will let everyone know in 24-48 hours if I get a call back or update on the ticket.

Seems to be a Houston only problem when trying to stream on computer.

If anyone else gets updates please share.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 11 of 90

Thank you, alexhart92!! I appreciate the time and effort you spent to finally reach someone who was willing to listen! All I'm getting is "there's an outage in your area" over and over again ad nauseam. This last guy said the outage has been going on since May 29 (and earlier, but that's the first date he could see) and is only in my small city which is not in Houston proper. Then he tried to suggest it was my browser. Then maybe my laptop. Thankfully, the reports of others in here helped me to bypass that mess.

This guy tossed me $10 (maybe I should chat each night? LOL!) and claimed to have escalated it to someone higher. I have a ticket number. He said someone will call me in 24-72 hours (they're in no rush to do anything). I got a phone number I can call their "higher fix department" (800-934-6489 which is their main customer service number).

Total frustration. I really hope you get someone to really work on this problem. With that long outage going on in my area, no one at Comcast can grasp that there may actually be TWO problems going on. Ugh.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 12 of 90

I'm Having the same problem but it just started 4 days ago. Anybody have a new update?

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 13 of 90

Unforuntatly, no new update. It is now day 5, and I can't get anyone at Comcast to even comprehend the problem. No one even knows what error 102100.29 means. It really puts into question Comcast's ability to keep the cable running properly.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 14 of 90

Day 6 and not a peep from Comcast. Will they ever even acknowedge their problem or will this go on forever? It seems Comcast really does not care about their customers. Clearly, we're expendable.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 15 of 90

I checked the error console, and just loading the tv listing page (before even trying to watch a show), I get this error:

[Error] Refused to get unsafe header "Location" ——— webcomponents-lite.min.js:10:21416
(anonymous function) ——— (webcomponents-lite.min.js:10:21416)

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 16 of 90

There is also the following warning:

[Warning] Deprecation warning: use moment.updateLocale(localeName, config) to change an existing locale. moment.defineLocale(localeName, config) should only be used for creating a new locale See http://momentjs.com/guides/#/warnings/define-locale/ for more info. ——— (elements.js, line 26)

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 17 of 90

When I try to watch a channel that's working, there are no errors.

However, when I try to watch one of the broken channels, I get the following errors and warnings:

ERRORS:

[Error] Publish error <Error: Engine type: helio not supported> from subscriber - t::anonymous

publish (elements.js:29:29577)
publish (elements.js:29:31596)
__tryOrSetError (elements.js:28:25964)
next (elements.js:28:25154)
_next (elements.js:28:24519)
next (elements.js:28:24191)
_next (elements.js:41:19787)
_next (elements.js:41:7713)
_subscribe (elements.js:30:23956)
subscribe (elements.js:27:28414)
subscribe (elements.js:27:28384)
setAsset (elements.js:42:15379)
onRetryTimerFired (elements.js:46:10139)
(anonymous function) (elements.js:46:9752)

[Error] Publish error <Error: Engine type: helio not supported> from subscriber - t::anonymous

WARNINGS:

[Warning] 30 console messages are not shown.
[Warning] ConfigurationManager: – "get: audienceManagerEnabled not found, using default value: false" (elements.js, line 27)
[Warning] ConfigurationManager: – "get: audienceManagerEnabled not found, using default value: false" (elements.js, line 27)

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 18 of 90

Yay! I actually got a call back on my ticket. The tech, Corbin, checked a few things and then said he will send the problem up to the engineers. He will also include this thread because of all the information posted in it. I have no idea what will happen next. When I pinned him down, he said I should know something more within a week.

Maybe, just maybe, someone who understands how Comcast's streaming works will actually acknowledge there is a problem and begin to fix it! Finger's crossed!

Posted by
New Poster

Message 19 of 90

after waiting my 24-72 hours for a callback or update I recievied nothing. I called and was on the phone for another hour and I was told to wait another 72 hours as my case had been moved up to the next teir...... not sure how long this will go on for, but hopefull its fixed soon. wouldnt expect anything in the next 72 hours.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 20 of 90

At least two of us are getting the issue moved up the line. Hopefully, someone will eventually figure it out and fix it.

I'll let you know if I hear anything, as I'm sure you will, too.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 21 of 90

I'm glad I am not the only one this is happening to. I haven't been able to watch Astros games for almost a week now because of it.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 22 of 90

Day 7 now and the problem has not been fixed yet.

I did get the token refunds that the chat techs offered. Of course, I'd rather that they just fix the problem. I guess it hasn't reached the right person yet.

Keep calling/chatting with their tech department. The more people who report the problem, the better.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 23 of 90

Day 8 and it's still broken. How does a customer get Comcast to fix their mess? This is absurd.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 24 of 90

Glad to know it's not just me.  I can't even get through to 800.934.6489.  Will follow thread and hope for resolution.  Thanks, y'all.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 25 of 90

...AND, it's not just local channels.  I can't get 51 TBS either.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 26 of 90

emeadows317 wrote:

...AND, it's not just local channels.  I can't get 51 TBS either.

Good catch! I can't get that channel either. I'll add it to the list.

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 27 of 90

Just an update after I was moved up a priority tier and a promised phone call to address the issue...hear that?...listen...oh, it's just crickets. Weird how it works on my iPad but not the computer.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 28 of 90
 wrote:

Just an update after I was moved up a priority tier and a promised phone call to address the issue...hear that?...listen...oh, it's just crickets. Weird how it works on my iPad but not the computer.

I haven't heard anything after they called me back on Tuesday. 

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 29 of 90

I have finally gone through all the channels, and I found 20 stations (28 if counting HD stations separately) that are affected by error 102100.29:

• Access TV
  • AntennaTV
  • Buzzr
  • CBS (STD & HD)
  • Comet
  • Daystar
  • Decades
  • Fox Sports (STD & HD)
  • Houston Community College
  • KTBU
  • Leased Access
  • MeTV
  • Multimedios
  • Municipal Access
  • My Network TV (My20Houston)(STD & HD)
  • NBCSN (STD & HD)
  • NFL Network (STD & HD)
  • ROOT Sports (STD & HD)
  • TBS (STD & HD)
  • Univision (STD & HD)

I have listed detailed information for each channel in the first post of this thread to keep that list updated. I did not check the music choice channels (the 800 channels). Let me know if I missed anything.

That's a LOT of channels being affected. I hope they finally fix it, but with the weekend upon us, I don't hold much hope for it happening anytime soon.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 30 of 90
Posted by
New Poster

Message 31 of 90

Same here.  I was online with their support via chat when I first noticed this last weekend.  We wont get into that.

But still not working after over a week?  I'm guessing it's not a hardware problem, but probably a contract issue with those other stations over streaming.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 32 of 90

I think it has something to do with their website. I think it's pointing to the wrong url or something when we try to watch a show. But I honestly don't know. And, truthfully, it's not for me or any customer to diagnose. That's Comcast's job.

One of the techs I chatted with said it had something to do with the "end node." I asked him to explain, but he couldn't.

Unfortunately, today marks day 11 for the 20+ channels to be broken.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 33 of 90

I am experiencing the same issue.  I have tried multiple systems and browers. 
I did call one night when i had time to waste.  It took about 30 minutes to get the tech to understand the problem. But as stated above they did not even have the Error Code listed at their support level.  Could only tell me that the information was noted and "pushed" to their support tiers.  No answer and no expectation of fix.  The one thing that was said was that the Streaming software was designed initially for mobile devices and migrated to desktop.  Not sure why but that might have something to do with why mobile devices work and computers on same inside network don't.

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 34 of 90

I recently started having this problem also.- error code 102100.29, and the same list of items shown when I ask for details.

The channels view fine on my large screen tv and also on my cell phone. 

However, I cannot view them on my pc.  I called and spoke with Infinity/Comcast Level1 Tech Support, who could not solve the

problem, and they escalated it to the Level 2 Tech Support.  They could not solve the problem either, and as of yesterday they escalated to their Level 3 Tech Suppport.  I don't understand this at all.  I used to view these channels in the recent past without any problem.  Something has obviously changed. But Infinity/Comcast Tech Support seem to be clueless.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 35 of 90

I've had success in being able to view a 2 of the previously unviewable channels, CBS & CH 4 "My TV" by going to "playback settings" [located in the sprocket next to the search box] & turning off the "play best available" option.  So far, only those 2 channels have come back.  Still testing the others listed.  Will update when complete.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 36 of 90

Considering that this problem is limited to the Houston area, there are quite a few people responding to this thread, saying they are also having the problem. And, yet, Comcast keeps charging all of us for services they are not delivering.

i thought I had figured out a workaround, but Camcast made sure to prevent it from working. It is possible to mirror an iPad or iPhone to a Mac using the lightning to USB cable and quicktime. However, Comcast prevents any kind of airplay or mirroring of the shows from any device to another device. So whenever I tried to mirror the show to my Mac, the show would either stop or go black. Thanks, Comcast. Not.

Day 12 already. Amazing -- not in a good way.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 37 of 90

Done and it gave me back channel 4, My Network TV / My20Houston (KTXH). I did not get CBS back. I'm going to check the other channels to see if any of them start working again.

Thanks for the tip, michellp! Smiley Happy

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 38 of 90

I tried all 49 channels, and only 2 of them started working: CH4 (My Network TV/My20Houston, KTXH), and CH37 (Fox Sports, FSHOU). ALL the rest are still broken. Still, getting 2 channels back is better than nothing. 

Red = still not working.

Blue = working, thanks to michellp's tip!

• Access TV ........................ 17/1075 ....... ACCES
  • AntennaTV ........................ 318/1158 ...... ANTEN (KIAH-DT2)
  • Buzzr ............................ 306/1174 ...... BUZZR (KTXH-DT4)
  • CBS .............................. 11 ............ KHOU
  • CBS HD ........................... 611/1011 ...... KHOUD (KHOU-DT)
  • Comet ............................ 317/1159 ...... COMET (KIAH-DT3)
  • Daystar .......................... 20/322/1022 ... KLTJ
  • Decades .......................... 305/1175 ...... DECAD (KTXH-DT3)
  • Fox Sports ....................... 37 ............ FSHOU
  • Fox Sports HD .................... 637/1250 ...... FSHOU
  • Houston Community College ........ 19/1081 ....... HCCTV
  • KTBU ............................. 55/1055 ....... KTBU
  • Leased Access .................... 75/1098 ....... LEASE
  • MeTV ............................. 311/1178 ...... METV (KUBE-DT4)
  • Multimedios ...................... 325/1043 ...... KHLM (KHLM-LD)
  • Municipal Access ................. 16/1070 ....... MUNI
  • My Network TV (My20Houston) ...... 4 ............. KTXH
  • My Network TV (My20Houston) HD ... 604/1020 ...... KTXHD (KTXH-DT)
  • NBCSN ............................ 49 ............ NBCSN
  • NBCSN HD ......................... 649/1207 ...... NBCSP
  • NFL Network ...................... 113 ........... NFL
  • NFL Network HD ................... 600/1215 ...... NFLHD
  • ROOT Sports ...................... 39 ............ ROOT
  • ROOT Sports HD ................... 639/1251 ...... ROOTD
  • TBS .............................. 51 ............ TBS
  • TBS HD ........................... 651/1434 ...... TBSHD
  • Univision ........................ 10 ............ KXLN
  • Univision HD ..................... 610/1045 ...... KXLND (KXLN-DT)
Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 39 of 90

I'm also in Houston, and having the same issues.  Can't watch NBATV or TBS.  Did you guys get a fix?  Has been going on for the past week.  Thanks friends.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 40 of 90

No fix yet. It's been 12 days and counting. With the July 4th holiday tomorrow, I don't expect it will be fixed tomorrow either. So far, no one at Comcast even seems to grasp that there is a problem, no less attempt to fix it.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 41 of 90

It's now 13 days with the channels broken. If I worked for Comcast, I'd be ashamed. This is completely unacceptable.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 42 of 90

UPDATE! I got a second callback on my ticket! The tech said the engineers believe they have found the problem, and they hope to have it fixed in the next 24-48 hours!

He said it turned out to be a rather difficult problem, and they have to push a firmware update to fix it.

He further said I should get a call in 48 hours—no matter what—to check to see if their fix actually worked.

Whoohoo! Maybe this will really get fixed! I'm actually hopeful for the first time since this started!

Posted by
New Poster

Message 43 of 90

Let's hope. I've been having the same issue for almost a month now.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 44 of 90

If the tech who called me was correct, it should be fixed today or tomorrow. Fingers crossed. But I'm still counting the days just in case.

Today marks 14 days... a full 2 weeks.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 45 of 90

I too live in the Houston area (Galveston to be exact) and am also having the same issues.  It's frustrating to say the least.  I did a search and came across this string.  It would be nice for them to finally fix it.  Calling Comcast is a nightmare in itself as you, most of time, get transferred to someone in another country who only have scripts to get them through your call.  And, calling multiple times will often get you multiple answers.  Anyway, thanks for riding Comcast's back to get them to, hopefully, finally get this resolved.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 46 of 90

I forgot to mention, I've been getting around this by recording the shows I want to watch from the bad channels and then watching via my recorded shows.  This seems to work from the laptop and I can even watch it while it's recording.  Hope this helps.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 47 of 90

Tonyb007 wrote:

I forgot to mention, I've been getting around this by recording the shows I want to watch from the bad channels and then watching via my recorded shows.  This seems to work from the laptop and I can even watch it while it's recording.  Hope this helps.

I'm sure that does help those with DVR's. I don't have a DVR so I can't use it, but it's a great tip! Thanks for sharing it!

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 48 of 90

Thanks, michellp! That worked for me for Channel 4 MyTV, but not for 11 CBS. :-(  I'm guessing it's a selective bandaid.  Sheesh.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 49 of 90

Checking the status for my cable and internet here, I get the following:

An Outage has been reported in your area.

We'll soon be performing scheduled maintenance in your area. You may notice an interruption to your service. We apologize for any inconvenience.

TV — NOT CONNECTED
Internet — NOT CONNECTED
Set-top Box — STATUS UNAVAILABLE (unfortunately, I always get this message from my TV box)
Cable Modem — OUTAGE

As of this moment, my TV and internet are both working fine.

I wonder if this is somehow connected to the problem we're having? I'm hoping the "scheduled maintenance" is the firmwire push. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Is anyone else with the bad streaming channels getting the same outage notice? Check here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/status/
Posted by
New Poster

Message 50 of 90

No outage notices here, but I am seeing a notification in the mobile app regarding scheduled maintenance from 12:00am - 2:00am on 7/07 that may impact TV service. Wonder if this is related to the firmware push that's supposed to contain the fix.