Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Error

New Poster

Error

I am having an issue where a video is available and I play it. It works for 10 to 15 minutes and then gives me an error that this video is not available error 7002

Official Employee

Re: Error

Hi Kath10, sorry for the late reply, are you still experiencing this issue?

Thank you

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

Re: Error 7002

I have also seen this error off and on for several days.  It has been the same symptoms, I watch for a few minutes and then my video stops and reports error message 7002.  I can try restarting it and sometimes it works for a few more minutes and sometimes it doesn't work at all.  I have tried it on my iPad, using the TV Go app and on my desktop computer using the Google Chrome, MS Edge, and Mozilla Firefox browser.  All 3 give me the same behavior.  I have also tried signing out and back in, rebooting my router and modem, and my iPad and computer.  All to no avail.  I looked at the troubleshooting guide (which mentions several other common errors, but not this one) and it brought me to the forum, where I searched for "7002".  There are many forum posts with several hundred views that people are reporting the error, but I haven't seen a single solution posted.  Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

Regular Visitor

Re: Error 7002

It appears no one - like Xfinity or anyone with knowledge follows these forums since I also have this problem and as is often the case there are probably many others having the same error 7002 but have not researched it or bothered to put a message on this site - never the less - I do not plan to give up and hopefully, someone will find an answer and post it.

Regular Visitor

I did not notice this problem until last night but it has been awhile since I used my laptop to watch an online Xfinity movie  and I assumed it was due to making changes on my Google Chrome two days ago.   However, after reading these posts which are all virtually identical regarding error 7002 - including that I too had been watching the movie for about 15 minutes before it stopped with the 7002 error.    However, after noticing other recent posts, it appears it is more likely that Xfinity has made a change.

Although, thus far, there are only a 'few' posts I hope Comcast will acknowledge and does not have a policy of only responding to forum posts that meet a minimum (higher) number of posts.    

New Poster

I am having the same issue.  I would think that by now, XFinity would have a solution and that it would be posted in all the "7002" threads...

Problem Solver

Hello SwingDJ,

When you receive this error message"Unable to Play Video error 7002. Please wait a few minutes and try again.  Our service team has been notified of this issue and they are working to fix it. We apologize for any inconvenience. Go to http://www.xfinity.com/errors and select FAQs for more information."  

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.

New Poster

http://www.xfinity.com/errors

Obviously not helpful

Regular Contributor

Good Morning SwingDJ,

I apologize for the delay in response. Was the information ComcastAshley  provided to you helpful. If your experiencing any other issues, please let us know.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.

Community Icon
Community Icon

Problem Solver

Obviously neither you nor ComcastAshley even clicked the link provided by ComcastAshley.  The link results in a "Whoops! We couldn't find your page.", because the link is NO GOOD.

ComcastKimberly wrote:

Good Morning SwingDJ,

I apologize for the delay in response. Was the information ComcastAshley  provided to you helpful. If your experiencing any other issues, please let us know.

Regular Contributor

Good Evening SwingDJ,

We were able to perform some basic troubleshoot steps and it has been determined that a Tier III representative will be in contact with you regarding your service issue. If you have any additional questions or concerns please let us know.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon