New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Error message 6000

ANSWERED
Contributor

Error message 6000

First time trying to stream. I have updated Silver Light and it is enabled in my web browser, IE9. I can view short clips of "True Blood". However, when I attempt to view any episodes I get Error message 6000, telling me to try back later, video is not available.

Please help

TY

Accepted Solution

Re: Error message 6000

To Cruiser56 and Comcast Joe,

I have been working with "Lee", (a comcast tech representative", under the "Ticket #" I provided in an ealier post. I seem to have discovered the problem with error 6000. It appears the true problem is the 64bit IE9 version that I have been working with. I have a Dell Inspiron 580s with an i5 Intel CPU running Windows 7- SP1 64bit OS. Windows came with IE9 64bit installed. I have had to revert back to the version found at my; "C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" which is File version; 9.0.8112.16447. Only after uninstalling Silverlight again and reinstalling while opened in the (x86) version of IE was I able to start Streaming video's and episodes from the premium channels.

I hope this helps some other people out there.

View answer in context
Tags (1)
Official Employee

katmann1 wrote:

First time trying to stream. I have updated Silver Light and it is enabled in my web browser, IE9. I can view short clips of "True Blood". However, when I attempt to view any episodes I get Error message 6000, telling me to try back later, video is not available.

Please help

TY

What specific True Blood episodes are you trying to watch? I would like to further investigate this.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Contributor

Thanks for getting back to me. I am not able to view any True Blood episodes, or any premium channel movie. I am able to view clips of premium channel movies and/or episodes of series, but no full versions. When I attempt to view full versions, the screen goes to: "Obtaining authorization", then changes to "Manage Parental Controls", then changes to "Learn More".

I am the primary account holder and definitely over the age of 21.

Very frustrating.

TY 

Official Employee

katmann1 wrote:

Thanks for getting back to me. I am not able to view any True Blood episodes, or any premium channel movie. I am able to view clips of premium channel movies and/or episodes of series, but no full versions. When I attempt to view full versions, the screen goes to: "Obtaining authorization", then changes to "Manage Parental Controls", then changes to "Learn More".

I am the primary account holder and definitely over the age of 21.

Very frustrating.

TY 

Try completely uninstalling Silverlight and then try playing an episode of True Blood again. You will now be prompted to install Silverlight. Follow all the on-screen instructions and let me know if the video is working after installation.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Contributor

After reading some other reamedies I decided to do that. Also checked on my parental control settings and enabled my mobile devices to "ON". Still not able to play any episodes of True Blood and/or Premium channel selections.

TY

Contributor

Not sure what you guys may be doing, but now I can"t even view any regulars channel selections. Still getting the same message.

Not getting better!!!!!!!!!!!

Contributor

I am continueing to try different selections and it appears that I am only able to view "Hulu" related videos.

Contributor

Still trying different programs. In addition to Hulu related selections, I can still view "clips" of True Blood".

Contributor

Still waiting for some help here. I have spent all day checking all of MY settings. The problem is obviously on Xfinity's end. If you can't provide me with the service, perhaps Verizon can. They have a very nice offer going on right now.

Contributor

ComcastJoe:

Spoke to "Bill" (Xfinity Tech) tonight to try to get soom help. He gave me a Ticket # CR290024950. Still no fix for the original problem. It has to be a permission problem on Xfinity's end. Perhaps you can check out the ticket # and see what Bill attempted to do for me to help you eliminate any ideas. Still getting error message (6000). When I click play button, it goes to "obtaining authorization" screen for 1 second, than changes to "This Program is Rated (whatever)" for about 2 seconds (with a link in blue letters) to "Parental Controls" and than changes to:"This video cannot be played","Sorry, this video is currently unavailable. (Error 6000)","Please check back soon", with a link button that says "Learn More", which takes me to your Trouble shooting Page. 

I am able to view some programs which are "Hulu" based.?. And, I can view clips of many, if not all, programs and channels.

Even tryed using "Google Chrome" browser instead of IE9.

I have deleted Internet Temp files, cookies and cach files also, more than once.

Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TY

Contributor

My Device Information My Zip Code: 19078 My Cable Provider: Comcast Delaware County East Digital My myDVR Manager Status: Activated My Set Top Box Names: HD DVR My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: False Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 76.124.161.147 My operating system: Windows - Undefined My web browser: Chrome 19 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/536.5 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Chrome/19.0.1084.56 Safari/536.5 My system type: Desktop Computer Or Other Device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 5.1.10516.0 My flash version: 11.3 R300 Javascript: Enabled Cookies: Enabled

My Account Information Primary Account: True Provider Codes: Bw, S, D, Al, Ci, Bi, Bj, Bh, A, Y, Bq, Bx, Ce, Bb, Bc, Cd, Cf, By, Bu, At, Bs, G, Ak, Cb, Ch, Ar, Aw, E, Aj, Cg, Bz, Bm, Au, Bl, Bv, B, U, Bp, Bk, Br, C, Bo, Cj, Bt, Cc, F, M, Ca, Ai, H, Ad, Bn Internet Subscriber: True  Cable TV Subscriber: True Voice Subscriber:True
Official Employee

katmann1 wrote:

My Device Information My Zip Code: 19078 My Cable Provider: Comcast Delaware County East Digital My myDVR Manager Status: Activated My Set Top Box Names: HD DVR My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: False Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 76.124.161.147 My operating system: Windows - Undefined My web browser: Chrome 19 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/536.5 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Chrome/19.0.1084.56 Safari/536.5 My system type: Desktop Computer Or Other Device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 5.1.10516.0 My flash version: 11.3 R300 Javascript: Enabled Cookies: Enabled

My Account Information Primary Account: True Provider Codes: Bw, S, D, Al, Ci, Bi, Bj, Bh, A, Y, Bq, Bx, Ce, Bb, Bc, Cd, Cf, By, Bu, At, Bs, G, Ak, Cb, Ch, Ar, Aw, E, Aj, Cg, Bz, Bm, Au, Bl, Bv, B, U, Bp, Bk, Br, C, Bo, Cj, Bt, Cc, F, M, Ca, Ai, H, Ad, Bn Internet Subscriber: True  Cable TV Subscriber: True Voice Subscriber:True

Our team is further looking into this. I will update you when I learn more.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Contributor

Joe,

I have completed every request asked of me. I have investigated problems that could be on my end. I can view/stream many shows and episodes from normal channels (CBS, ABC, NBC) and some other channels, such as Discovery Channel and Animal Planet which I can only stream some of the shows. I get nothing from my premium channels, which I am a full subscriber to, and nothing from channels like (CNN, A&E, AMC, and others).

This problem has to be on Comcast/Xfinity's end. It also seems to be getting to be a larger problem because there are now more "Error 6000" messages in the forum.

I want some answers, or at least a daily update to know I am not being swept under the rug. Please!

TY

Contributor

Joe,

As another infuriating aspect to this problem is that I can stream everything from my other mobile devices (iPone4s and iPad3). But that really doesn't help me much.

I'm starting to wonder if Comcast/Xfinity has stock in "Apple". Make sure your products and services work for the "Apple" world but not the "PC" world.

Official Employee

katmann1 wrote:

Joe,

As another infuriating aspect to this problem is that I can stream everything from my other mobile devices (iPone4s and iPad3). But that really doesn't help me much.

I'm starting to wonder if Comcast/Xfinity has stock in "Apple". Make sure your products and services work for the "Apple" world but not the "PC" world.

Try using a different web browser and let me know if it works. This is not a permanent solution but it will help us narrow down your issue.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Contributor

Tried Google Chrome, in fact that's what I am using right now to answer your post. Still not working. This computer has only been in use for 1 1/2 years, under complete security at all times, with an administrator controlled download requirement. Why can't I stream from my PC. All other Apple mobile devices work. I do not want to change to Google Chrome permanently. I can stream some content from my PC, but not any premium channels and not all regular line-ups. Hulu based programs are not a problem at all. What's up with that?

Trying to be very patient.

TY  

Contributor

ComcastJoe,

I thought I might share with you a possible fix for many of the error 6000+ messages. Not quite sure in what order some others can try.

Went to Adobe website and upgrade to latest version of Flash. They also offered a "limited" free PC Cleaner called PC Tools Registry Mechanic. Downloaded that and cleaned registry.

I also uninstalled the Xfinity Tool Bar.

Try to stream True Blood episodes which started this whole thing. Guess what?

IT WORKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not sure if the registry clean up worked or the uninstall of the Xfinity tool bar?

Contributor

Error message 6000- NOT SOLVED

Comcast Joe,

My most recent post (6/24/2012) indicated that "My" problem was solved. I had informed you that I had cleaned my registry and uninstalled Xfinity Tool Bar. With those two things done I was able to stream all programs that I had not been able to stream. When I logged in today, less than 24 hrs later, I am again recieving the same messages.

This is really very disappointing. What are you guys doing? 

Official Employee

Re: Error message 6000- NOT SOLVED

katmann1 wrote:

Comcast Joe,

My most recent post (6/24/2012) indicated that "My" problem was solved. I had informed you that I had cleaned my registry and uninstalled Xfinity Tool Bar. With those two things done I was able to stream all programs that I had not been able to stream. When I logged in today, less than 24 hrs later, I am again recieving the same messages.

This is really very disappointing. What are you guys doing? 

Do you have any anti-virus software installed on your computer?

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Contributor

Yes, I have Norton Security Suite installed from Xfinity. I have never been unprotected in regards to safe browser surfer. I have recently purchased and installed "PC Tools Registry Mechanic" by Symantec downloaded from the official Adobe site. Still no help in this problem. I was briefly able to stream some episodes of programs that I was not previously able to view on Sunday the 24th of June. I'm figuring what ever I thought I did was really not the fix. What ever you guys were doing over that weekend briefly allowed me to stream. I'm done trying to figure out your problems. I keep getting things in the mail from Xfinity that I "Now have Stream Pix" availability. I just laugh now!!!! 

Oh yeah, not for nothing, but I have the little Box checked to receive e-mails when I get a reply. How come I didn't get an e-mail from you when you asked me if I have an anti-virus installed? Are you just seeing if I'm still around or what?

The problem is on your end. I have an anti-virus installed from Xfinity. I have all my updates current, Silverlight and Flash. PC Tools Registry Mechanic now checks my computer regularly and fixes any problems.

It's all on you guys now and I am wondering if I will ever be able to stream the episodes I want to view on Xfinity. Your reputation is quickly going down the drain with me. I have spoken highly of you guys in the past. I'm not so quick to do so anymore.

Contributor

Why is it I can stream everything on m y mobile devices. And why is it all Hulu based and non-premium channels will stream on my PC.

Come On Guys.

I have tried all the suggestions for the past 2 weeks. NOTHING!!!!!!!

New Poster

I have the same problem. Hulu items work. Everything else gives me the 6000 error. This isn't a pc issue. I'm using a mac. I've tried multiple browsers, I've uninstalled and installed things follwing all their suggestions, instructions, directions, and nothing works. You're not alone both wiht problems and frustration. 

Contributor

What a Scam: Error 6000 means you don"t get to Stream

Anybody with an error message 6000 means these guys don"t know what they are doing and you will never get to stream premium channels on your PC.

Contributor

Error 6000

I have tried both 32 bit and 64 bit IE9 with Updated Silverlight and Flash. With 64 bit I get an Error message saying I need to Upgrade my Xfinity Movie Player, which there seems to be no access to upgrade the "Xfinity Movie Player" on Xfinity's websites. When I use the 32 bit IE9, I continue to get the Error message 6000.

I have uninstalled and installed Flash and Silverlight multiple times. Have cleaned my registry several times, all to no avail. 

I think am about to give up and go to Verizon.

I believe this whole problem is a permission problem with Xfinity.

Contributor

Xfinity Video Player Upgrade

I am useing 64 bit IE9 with latest and greatest Flash and Silverlight. Now I'm being told to Upgrade my Xfinity Player.

The below message is what I now get instead of Error 6000.

Xfinity Video Player Upgrade

Upgrade your Xfinity Player!

In order to watch On Demand Online videos with "HD-Like" picture quality, you need to install the new Xfinity Player

We're sorry, but for watching On Demand Online videos the following browsers are NOT officially supported at this time:

• Windows XP: Safari 3/4
  • Windows Vista:  IE 6, Safari 3/4
  • Windows 7:  IE 6/7, Safari 3/4
  • Mac OS 10.4.11+:  IE 6/7/8, Chrome 4
  • HOW DO I DO THAT?
Contributor

Re: Xfinity Video Player Upgrade

I thought I might just paste this for you anyway. I don't think your even paying any attention to my posts anymore.  

My Device Information My Zip Code: 19078 My Cable Provider: Comcast Delaware County East Digital My myDVR Manager Status: activated My Set Top Box Names: HD DVR My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 76.124.161.147

My operating system: Windows -  Windows NT 6.1

My web browser: Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; Trident/5.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; SLCC2; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; MDDC; .NET4.0C) My system type: Desktop computer or other device

My Move player version: Not Installed

My Silverlight version: 5.1.10516.0

My flash version: 11.3 r300 Javascript: enabled Cookies: enabled

My Account Information

Your system is reading my operating system wrong. I am running Windows 7 with Service Pack 1 installed. Also, why is it saying my "Move player version: Not Installed"
Contributor

Still looking for some help here Joe.  I would like to Stream some shows in my life time. Getting a new message to Upgrade my Xfinity Video Player when useing 64 bit IE9.

I get the same error message 6000 when I switch back to 32 bit version.

Official Employee

katmann1 wrote:

Still looking for some help here Joe.  I would like to Stream some shows in my life time. Getting a new message to Upgrade my Xfinity Video Player when useing 64 bit IE9.

I get the same error message 6000 when I switch back to 32 bit version.

Go to: 

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\PlayReady and delete the file that is named "mspr.hds" and then try playing a video again.

Let me know the results.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Contributor

Joe

Went to: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\PlayReady\Cach\ and deleted all files in Cach. These files had a date of 6/24/2012.

Still no good. Same message 6000

Interesting though, on the morning of 6/24/2012 I was able to Stream the episodes I wanted to watch. For a brief time I started watching "True Blood" S1/E1. I did not have the time to watch it at that time so I stopped it to watch it later. When I went back to watch it again, I continued to receive the same message as before. Now when I try to watch S1/E1 I will briefly get the option to "Resume"  or "Start Over", before it jumps to the error message screen.

Official Employee

katmann1 wrote:

Joe

Went to: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\PlayReady\Cach\ and deleted all files in Cach. These files had a date of 6/24/2012.

Still no good. Same message 6000

Interesting though, on the morning of 6/24/2012 I was able to Stream the episodes I wanted to watch. For a brief time I started watching "True Blood" S1/E1. I did not have the time to watch it at that time so I stopped it to watch it later. When I went back to watch it again, I continued to receive the same message as before. Now when I try to watch S1/E1 I will briefly get the option to "Resume"  or "Start Over", before it jumps to the error message screen.

Was there a mspr.hds file under the PlayReady folder?

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Contributor

There were several files in a folder marked "cach". There were three files that had mspr.??? Including what looked like a registry file. I deleted the entire cach file and still got the same message even after a reboot of my system.
Official Employee

katmann1 wrote:
There were several files in a folder marked "cach". There were three files that had mspr.??? Including what looked like a registry file. I deleted the entire cach file and still got the same message even after a reboot of my system.

If they are reappearing, try just renaming them to mspr.old and try again.

Let me know the results.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Contributor

Still no help.

I am running Windows 7 with SP1 on a 64bit OS.

Adobe Flash 11.3.300.257

Silverlight 5.1.10516.0 which is also a 64bit version. I am told this may be the problem. I can not install a 32bit version from Silverlight because my OS is 64bit.

It is automaticly installed as a 64bit version even when directly installed from the Xfinity site.

I have changed over to my 32bit IE9 version to try and stream movies and episodes. I have even uninstalled both Flash and Silverlight, then changed over to my 32bit IE9, to down load and install both Flash and Silverlight again.

All with no change. Same Error 6000

I have a ticket # CR291501188

Still looking to get this issue resolved. 

Official Employee

katmann1 wrote:

Still no help.

I am running Windows 7 with SP1 on a 64bit OS.

Adobe Flash 11.3.300.257

Silverlight 5.1.10516.0 which is also a 64bit version. I am told this may be the problem. I can not install a 32bit version from Silverlight because my OS is 64bit.

It is automaticly installed as a 64bit version even when directly installed from the Xfinity site.

I have changed over to my 32bit IE9 version to try and stream movies and episodes. I have even uninstalled both Flash and Silverlight, then changed over to my 32bit IE9, to down load and install both Flash and Silverlight again.

All with no change. Same Error 6000

I have a ticket # CR291501188

Still looking to get this issue resolved. 

You have the correct version of Silverlight installed.

Go here and follow the instructions to enable DRM Support. You will find it under the heading "Enabling Microsoft Silverlight DRM Support".

Let me know the results.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

goes to show katmann xfinity has no clue having same problem doing same as you no help ......but they sure charge a lot for service but cannot deliver on a problem

Contributor

To Cruiser56 and Comcast Joe,

I have been working with "Lee", (a comcast tech representative", under the "Ticket #" I provided in an ealier post. I seem to have discovered the problem with error 6000. It appears the true problem is the 64bit IE9 version that I have been working with. I have a Dell Inspiron 580s with an i5 Intel CPU running Windows 7- SP1 64bit OS. Windows came with IE9 64bit installed. I have had to revert back to the version found at my; "C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" which is File version; 9.0.8112.16447. Only after uninstalling Silverlight again and reinstalling while opened in the (x86) version of IE was I able to start Streaming video's and episodes from the premium channels.

I hope this helps some other people out there.

Discussion stats
  • 35 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation