Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Error ftde.cima-pil.activation-code-timeout: RemoveDevice

New Poster

I can't get my computer to allow me to watch my xfinity on it. I keeps telling me to check firewall, and proxy? 

New Poster

Re: Error ftde.cima-pil.activation-code-timeout: RemoveDevice

I'm getting the same error message this morning when I try to watch my DVR from my home PC:

New Poster

I'm getting the same thing when I try to watch my recorded shows on my desktop. Currently on hold with tech support.......

Sorry, we've run into a problem.

The good news? We can take care of it right now. First, you'll need to sign out of your account.
When you sign back in it'll be fixed. Ready?

(Error ftde.cima-pil.activation-code-timeout: RemoveDevice)

Sign Out

New Poster

Getting the same thing:

Then when I hit sign out, I get a 404...

Right when the NFL playoffs are on.... 

Hmmm...can’t reach this page

Try this

Details
Frequent Visitor

I am getting the same thing as of this morning... Error ftde.cima-pil.activation-code-timeout: RemoveDevice 

Has anyone figured anything out, as Comcast says it is my computer, which I have been using to stream for years until this morning.

New Poster

Same thing, what is going on? I just got home from work and I need to use this time to watch Game of Thrones. Fix this! 

New Poster

It is NOT my computer. My phone won't even let me stay signed in to the app. No access, no streaming... I am in no mood for customer support. I would probably scream at them, since I spent all week dealing with Square Enix and Sony who can both BITE ME. 

New Poster

Same thing for me as well................ the techs have no answer..... whats the fix? 

Sorry, we've run into a problem.

The good news? We can take care of it right now. First, you'll need to sign out of your account.
When you sign back in it'll be fixed. Ready?

Sign Out
New Poster

Same issue.    All browsers, cleared cache/cookies, and no connection.

Comcast "tech support" tried to help me by getting me to reset the modem and such, but I'm convinced they had no idea what was going on.  Nothing helped.

Stream apps still work fine on mobile devices, but not via any browser on my desktop anymore.

New Poster

I'm having the exact same issue from any computer in my house. I've tried on mulitple pc's. I've cleared everything, same thing. Someone said it was a licensing issue, but I find it odd that so many are having this issue.

New Poster

Just got this from Xfinity Chat support:

12:02 AM Katelyroy Rose : I understand. I just received an update here from our Advance Team that there is a known issue for our Stream app as of the moment and our Engineering Team is currently working on it, Dave. We apologized for this inconvenienced cause you.
12:02 AM DAVE : Ok, so this is an issue with the website?
12:03 AM Katelyroy Rose : Yes, that is correct. We will be sending you an update as well about the investigations.
New Poster

Temporary Fix:

If you have a cell phone with hotspot capability and the hotspot service on your cell plan, connect your pc to the Hotspot on your phone, refresh the tv.xfinity.com page and you will be able to go past this error, once you are in the dashboard where you can see all of the shows and dvr recordings, then switch back to your home wifi and it will allow you to use the service (but if you close the page and reopen it for any reason you will have to repeat this). It appears the only thing that doesnt work is the transition from your Xfinity Account Dashboard to the TV dashboard while connected to your home wifi, but works fine when connected over your mobile network- tested it on a few laptops and tablets I have that were previously not working and they all worked. Hope this helps 

Frequent Visitor

I tried your hotspot fix and sadly it didn't not work for me any of the several times I tried.  I no matter what get (Error ftde.cima-pil.activation-code-timeout: RemoveDevice) ....  This is infuriating...  If anyone can get someone to help please post the fix!

Frequent Visitor

None of them at tech support have been able to help me.  If you are able to find resolution would you please share with us?

New Poster

This worked for me - thanks for posting it!

New Poster

Thank you! It worked for me.

Best

Em

New Poster

Same here.  Been dealing with this all day and was told it was an isolated incident to my device.  So apparently not.

New Poster

The temporary fix works for me. Hoping to hear about a permanent solution or support to fix things.

Frequent Visitor

I just booted up and fixed.... Had to add this computer as a device again and name it, but fixed... I know it was on their end and glad they fixed it, but why is the default answer... it is your computer?  Anyway... again... glad it is fixed... I hope everyone else had their computers magically fixed as well... 

Frequent Visitor

Same here. I unplugged my modem and shut down my PC for a few munutes, then I plugged the modem back in, then turned the PC back on, opened up Chrome and used this link (https://tv.xfinity.com/listings), it then had me login and answer a couple of security questions, then provide a name for the device, at which point everything was back to normal.

It's really a shame that they had ruin one of their tech's weekend to come in and fix their little problem 

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats