New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Error code: UI:001

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

On two different computers (using IE-9 and Firefox 8), attempts to schedule a single DVR recording through the Xfinity online interface yield the following result:

Error code: UI:001I/O Error - Status: 400 - Bad Request  |  URL: /remotescheduling/rest/guideworks/8495741018553150200109213127/

TscFzTVcHlm4pGEDU19XuQ/singlerecording/

"Series" recordings work as expected.

This is an issue that began a few days ago- it had been working fine.

This problem is also referenced by post 7 on the following thread:

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-Online-Help/Cannot-Schedule-DVR-Recording-From-Xfinity-TV-TV-...

Accepted Solution

Re: dvr

Wow- I received a call today from tech support.  This person new what to do right away.  While the fact that there is an initial problem might be a bug as the comcast person Joe said, the fix and work around is rather simple, and I am suprised that no one could have said this earlier or that it could not have bee put in a FAQ. 

So here is the fix.   Go to my tv and then to On your tv.  select the show you want to watch- click record. you then get a pop up that says "schedule a recording" then at the bottom, it says "don't schedule" or "record episode"   Right above that it says "show settings"  Click on that and make sure that every item has a setting. If it does not, that gives you the error.  Once set, you should not have the problem anymore

View answer in context
Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: Error code: UI:001

ctill23 wrote:

On two different computers (using IE-9 and Firefox 8), attempts to schedule a single DVR recording through the Xfinity online interface yield the following result:

Error code: UI:001I/O Error - Status: 400 - Bad Request  |  URL: /remotescheduling/rest/guideworks/8495741018553150200109213127/

TscFzTVcHlm4pGEDU19XuQ/singlerecording/

"Series" recordings work as expected.

This is an issue that began a few days ago- it had been working fine.

This problem is also referenced by post 7 on the following thread:

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-Online-Help/Cannot-Schedule-DVR-Recording-From-Xfinity-TV-TV-...

Please send the following information to info[at]xfinitytv[dot]com so we can further assist you.

We ask you to e-mail us because we don't want you to release your personal information in a public forum.

Your comcast.net e-mail address or Comcast ID user name:

Account Number:

Zip code:

Make and model of your set-top box:

Also, please go to www.xfinitytv.com/computer and copy the information you see on-screen and paste it in this thread so we can further assist you.

Please also include a link to this post so we can accurately track your issue.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

My Zip Code:32210My Cable Provider:Comcast Jacksonville One DigitalMy myDVR Manager Status:activatedMy Set Top Box NamesVR 1My Queue setup:FalseFacebook Queue Syncing:falseFacebook Connect:My public IP address:67.190.243.92My operating system:Windows -  Windows NT 6.1My web browser:Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0C; Zune 4.7; InfoPath.3; BOIE9;ENUS)My system typeesktop computer or other deviceMy Move player version:Not InstalledMy Silverlight version:4.0.60831.0My flash version:11.1 r102Javascript:

<script type="text/javascript">// document.write('enabled'); // </script>

enabled

Cookies:enabled

Contributor

Re: can't set dvr online

I keep getting the following error when trying to program my DVR over my computer:

I/O Error - Status: 400 - Bad Request | URL: /remotescheduling/rest/guideworks/8993210370077312200109213127/bHbcknheGXE3ng1AgYu4UA/singlerecording/

Official Employee

PghBoy wrote:

I keep getting the following error when trying to program my DVR over my computer:

I/O Error - Status: 400 - Bad Request | URL: /remotescheduling/rest/guideworks/8993210370077312200109213127/bHbcknheGXE3ng1AgYu4UA/singlerecording/

We are looking into this issue. I will update you when I learn more.

What web browser are you using?

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Contributor

IE 9

Official Employee

This is not a permanent solution but it will help us narrow down your issue.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Contributor

That's not really the point though, is it?  I've been using it/programming with it on IE9 up until this week and now it's not working. 

Official Employee

Like I mentioned, this would not be a permanent solution and would help our team pinpoint this issue.

I will update this thread when I learn more.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

OK, the following all give the same failed result: IE8, IE9, Firefox8, Chrome15. That's it for browsers for me; have to draw a line somewhere.

Contributor

Firefox and IE 8 didn't work for me, either...haven't tried Chrome. 

I think it's safe to say the problem is on your end in programming, not ours.

Official Employee

Thank you both for testing that out for us.

Our team is still working on this but I sadly do not have any new information right now on its process since Noon EST yesterday (12/1).

I will update you when I know more.

Thank you for your patience and sorry for the inconvenience,

Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Contributor

Been a week now...checked it today and still not working.  Any updates?

Frequent Visitor

I have the same problem, and called tech support today, and referenced  this forum.  They appear to have no clue as to what they are doing.  This problem to me seems to be all on their web server side.  I can't understand for the length of time that people have been having this problem, that someone can't figure out a fix

Contributor

Comcast is horrible with support...they only have "textbook" answers for things (let me guess, they suggested you reset your DVR box!), but have no idea to deal with unforseen problems/new issues.  It's one of the reasons people have such a bad opinion of their CS support.  Not that the other big cable companies are any better...you'd just think they'd want to seperate themselves now that they actually have competition.

Frequent Visitor

Customer rep called me earlier in week and said yes this was a problem with some server. He will escalate the problem.  Original work order  CR272350424-  Problem is still not fixed-  How long does it take someone in your IT group to recognize that this problem is on the comcast side, and to fix the problem.  I am just not understanding how thru testing, the problem can be isolated.  This appears to have been going on for over a month now without a resolution.

Regular Visitor

dvr

my dvr wont let me recordanything from my computer it keeps giving me an error message

I/O Error - Status: 400 - Bad Request | URL: /remotescheduling/rest/guideworks/8798200330035200200109213127/UW-8b5uU63W8ZtC40tL__w/singlerecording/

Frequent Visitor

When are the IDOTS from tech support going to get this problem fixed or identify how we can

use the features we are paying for?  Thru my complaint, after they did nothing, they escalated it again.

This does not seem like a real difficult problem to fix. From the other logs, this has been going on for

a month.  I am about ready to cancel my service 

Official Employee

Hi all,

Our team has identified the bug but we are still working on it. I will update this thread when it is resolved.

Thank you for your patience and sorry for the inconvenience,

Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Contributor

STILL not working!  Isn't this part of the service I'm paying for every month?!

Frequent Visitor

This problem is still not fixed!!!!    I just called last night, complained and got the month DVR fee removed.  I will call every month and demand that MY dvr fee be removed since comcast is not providing me all of the DVR service that I would be paying for.  I would suggest that everyone do the same.  I have a CR number that I kept.  For me that CR number was forwarded on to national service about 4 weeks ago.  Obviously that has not worked so far since the wonderfull error is still there.

New Poster

Same problem with me.. I have been trying to have them fix this for 3 months.  My ticket # was transferred to the national center as well about a month ago.  I have not heard anything even though I keep calling.. So when I called yesterday I demanded a refund of some sort for the problem and horrible customer service.  The lady offered me free Dvr service as well but I was not satisfied because I felt that the customer service and how they have been NOT handling this was worth a little more off my bill.  So she gave me a $20 credit as well  So, the total refund(credit) was $29.95.  Call back and demand you recieve the $20.00 credit as well.  Comcast needs to deal with this problem immeiately and maybe it might "wake them up" if everyone having this problem gets a $30.00 credit on their bill.  When it is about losing money, they hopefully care more. Unfortunatley just unhappy customers isn't enough for them.  If this is not fixed by my next bill, I will continue to demand the same credit each month until it is fixed.

Frequent Visitor

"I will call every month and demand that MY dvr fee be removed since comcast is not providing me all of the DVR service that I would be paying for."

Squeaky wheel, grease, etc.

Contributor

No refund for me...in fact, they first refused to admit it was a problem - insisting that I just needed my DVR reset.  When that didn't work, they "escalated" it and told me to wait two weeks before contacting them again.  I offered to provide them a link to this forum, but they weren't even interested in it.  ARGHHH!!!

New Poster

CALL BACK AND GIVE DIRECT THEM TO THE COMCAST CUSTOMER GUARANTEE PROGRAM.  IT'S SO SAD THEY DON'T KNOW ABOUT THEIR OWNS COMPANY'S CUSTOMER GUARANTEE.

I tried to paste the link but it said I couldn't post it(imagine that) so just Google "comcast customer guarantee program" and you will find it.

"The Comcast Customer Guarantee" page.

It is laid out all right there and talks about the $20 credit if issues aren't resolved plus the $9.95 off the DVR service. I would not settle for less than at least $29.95 credit each month that goes by and it doesn't get fixed.  If enough people call and demand this, maybe something will happen, if not, I can be "GUARANTEED" by comcast that I will receive the $29.95 credit each month.

It is obvious this problem has gone unsolved and ignored for at least 2 months(that's when I noticed it) and has been documented clearly in this forum and by the many calls they have received on this(I know I have called too many times to count and the response I got was unfathomable and angers me)

Getting the $30 credit gives me some relief but it just boggles my mind that they seem to have no idea what is happening or how to fix it.

If you order something and don't receive it or it doesn't work, it get's fixed or you get a refund.  RULES APPLY IN THIS CASE! 

Contributor

No dice...since I just "reported" this problem (my forum posts don't count, apprarantly), I have to give them the time to look at it.

Frequent Visitor

Wow- I received a call today from tech support.  This person new what to do right away.  While the fact that there is an initial problem might be a bug as the comcast person Joe said, the fix and work around is rather simple, and I am suprised that no one could have said this earlier or that it could not have bee put in a FAQ. 

So here is the fix.   Go to my tv and then to On your tv.  select the show you want to watch- click record. you then get a pop up that says "schedule a recording" then at the bottom, it says "don't schedule" or "record episode"   Right above that it says "show settings"  Click on that and make sure that every item has a setting. If it does not, that gives you the error.  Once set, you should not have the problem anymore

Contributor

Sorry...that may have fixed your problem, but it didn't fix mine...all my settings are turned "ON"...I still get the error.

Frequent Visitor

The "show settings" adjustment (from djsebran) worked for me. Had to go through the settings routine several times before they were retained as default, but now it seems to be working ok.

I don't know whether to be glad it's working, or aggravated that the solution had to come from another customer after months of malfunction and the equivalent of a shoulder shrug from tech support.

Contributor

Okay, it DID work...I read your post wrong the first time...found what you were referring to this time.  THANKS SO MUCH for posting the answer...but it is embarassing that Comcast wouldn't know how to fix this issue pronto.  The guy you talked to deserves a raise!

New Poster

Thank You SOOOOO much for this fix! all my settings were on except the endtime! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

Frequent Visitor

recording shows on my dvr using my laptop

I keep getting this error.

I/O Error - Status: 400 - Bad Request  |  URL: /remotescheduling/rest/guideworks/8498330320455234180811222704/gKezHtQx4OO7hNCJqEDSTA/singlerecording

Silver Problem Solver

Re: recording shows on my dvr using my laptop

Silver Problem Solver

do you  mean your trying to schedule a recording using the website to your dvr?  do you have a motorola box?

Frequent Visitor

yes-still waiting for a reply

Frequent Visitor

I'm getting the same error code when trying to program a DVR for a single recording via my computer.  What's the solution to rectify this?  Just started doing this.  Comcast customer service rep has no answer other than setting up a service call. 

Official Employee

laedw wrote:

I'm getting the same error code when trying to program a DVR for a single recording via my computer.  What's the solution to rectify this?  Just started doing this.  Comcast customer service rep has no answer other than setting up a service call. 

Please see for a workaround to this issue.

When this is fixed or whe I have an update, I will post it in this thread.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

Did that, still having the same issue!  In fact, my default DVR is completely bypassed and the online recording request is sent to my secondary DVR.  Can someone please resolve this issue ASAP!

Official Employee

laedw wrote:

Did that, still having the same issue!  In fact, my default DVR is completely bypassed and the online recording request is sent to my secondary DVR.  Can someone please resolve this issue ASAP!

Try using a different web browser and let me know if it works. This is not a permanent solution but it will help us narrow down your issue.

Also, go here to select what DVR you would like to have as your default:

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/mytv/cable-boxes

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

DID NOT WORK!!!

Frequent Visitor

still doesn't work

New Poster

I had this same issue, and just discovered this fix - thanks to djsebran for that. 

I'm still baffled and frustrated that after going through 4 analysts online and 1 on the phone, no one else at Comcast seems to have this option as a possible fix.  Isn't there a place where they can search for customer issues and see what to do that might correct the problem?  Why isn't something as simple as "show settings" and make sure there are values for all fields communcated to customer support.  I even called back to tell them I found the solution, hoping they would pass it along, but it sounds like it will only reach the people in the particular office I reached.  For the diminished service and hassle, Comcast should automatically credit DVR fees until the problem is resolved - this would go a long way for customer satisfaction when you can't resolve it, and when there is a fix this info should be made available to all tech support.

Comcast customer service is appalling.

New Poster

Can you be more explicit - where do you go to "my TV" from what screen from comcast.net?

New Poster

Ok.  I found it - and yes it works.  I did this in front of a comcast tech and his boss was on the line..  It is a software error - probably people were complaining about when shows would stop recording so they removed the default - but did not fully test the impact end to end.  LOL

Last year the TV listings did not work on my new 64 bit computer and it turned out the Listings were never tested with 64 bit.  OMG.

They just have some developers and QA is questionnable

Frequent Visitor

Thanks a bunch DJSEBRAN

Frequent Visitor

Nothing worked.  I finally had a tech come out and he had to call his supervisor because he too was stumped.  He resolved the issue - so far.  He was kind enough to give me his cell phone number and his supervisor's number in case the problem returns.