Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Error authSwf / authSwf.3329.10600: Internal DRM or DRM server security error

New Poster

Watching XFINITY on xtv.comcast.net was working fine for the last few days until just recently - when I try to log in it says "adding device" even though they should already be added, and eventually comes up with this error:

I've reinstalled flash player, rebooted my computer, rebooted the DVR, cleared all cache/cookies, you name it. Nothing works. This is in both in the latest versions of Firefox and Chrome.  Called XFINITY phone support twice and was told I was being "transferred" then disconnected twice...frustrating.

Regular Contributor

Re: Error authSwf / authSwf.3329.10600: Internal DRM or DRM server security error

I've had this same issue..  I went to ths page:  http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager08.html

If you click on 'Reset License Files' this should help.

New Poster

Re: Error authSwf / authSwf.3329.10600: Internal DRM or DRM server security error

Hi Mike. Thanks for the link, I found that and tried it last night without success. I went to bed with it not working, however when I woke up today and decided to give it a try, it works. I hate these kinds of resolutions because when someone finds this thread later they won't have the solution that worked for me (although yours may help them). It was clearly an issue on Comcast's end...I didn't even reboot overnight.

Regular Visitor

After using Xfinity TV on our 2 PC's successfully for weeks,  we are experiencing a similar error (11005 number is different.)  I have uninstalled and reinstalled flash and it didn't help either. 

"Error authSwf / authSwf.3329.11005: Internal DRM or DRM server security error"

This has been a bad week with Xfinity for us in our area, with a major outage of all services too.  I hope they can get it together! 

Regular Visitor

if you're having the error on Google Chrome, go to settings | then at the bottom click advanced settings | then under privacy click on content settings | scroll down about two thirds down and under protected content click on the allow identifiers box.

Milage may vary but worked for me when nothing else would. Before I found this fix, Firefox worked for me so you could try that as well.

Just FYI when Comcast says engineers are working on the problem, all that means is that every once in a while a rep comes online and says engineers are working on it. It's been way over a year and the only fix they've ever suggested is reinstall flash. Takes a brilliant engineer to make that suggestion.

Hope this helps someone.

New Poster

Hey All - I just switched Mac laptops and I had the same issue but only on using Google Chrome.  Worked fine in Safari but I really wanted to use it to chromecast xfinity into my garage.  

Things I did to fix:

1. Re-Installed Flash
  2. Reset License Files: http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager08.html

It then worked like a charm.

New Poster

djia45 wrote:

if you're having the error on Google Chrome, go to settings | then at the bottom click advanced settings | then under privacy click on content settings | scroll down about two thirds down and under protected content click on the allow identifiers box.

Milage may vary but worked for me when nothing else would. Before I found this fix, Firefox worked for me so you could try that as well.

Just FYI when Comcast says engineers are working on the problem, all that means is that every once in a while a rep comes online and says engineers are working on it. It's been way over a year and the only fix they've ever suggested is reinstall flash. Takes a brilliant engineer to make that suggestion.

Hope this helps someone.

YES!  This is exactly the right solution for me.  I had turned off those identifiers earlier in the day after one of those annoying automatic changes to my browser with a download reset some of my settings.  This fixed it.  But instead of just saying xfinity is not working right now, why not tell us what's wrong in the error code? Is that just too simple for Xfinity to handle?  Given this fix says engineers are "working on it" way back in  2014...welll isn't that just xfinity-like? The most frustrating cable service on the planet.   

Service Expert
Moved:

New Poster

Here it is 2 yrs later and your post is still helping folks. THANK YOU!!! I encountered this issue last Wednesday. So many phone calls to Comcast I've lost count, until finally tonight a level III tech directed me here and specifically to your post, bless her heart, as I've never been to the forums b4. And not only did the link still work, so did the fix!! YAY! Thank you! Now to get back to downstreaming my shows.