Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Error NaN and mysteriously changing errors

Contributor

Error NaN and mysteriously changing errors

Well, now I have an error that nobody has ever posted about before: "Error NaN" I have no idea what it means or why I'm getting it.

On another show, I was happily watching it, when it stopped and I got "Error 102100.33". When I reloaded the webpage and thried to resume the show, I got "Error 102100.5". Reloading and resuming, got me "Error 102100.33" again, and so forth and so on.

I am watching from my Windows 7 64-bit in the USA, but not on my home network.

I am not using a DVR or any other recording device, just watching "On Demand"

This is not the first time it has happened to me - it happens periodically with every show I watch in "On Demand". It will then usually resolve by itself on another night or later that night, only to pop up again some other time.

Contributor

Re: Error NaN and mysteriously changing errors

Still happening, and no Comcast person has deigned respond, even to tell me to turn it off and on again (or someother generic useless advice)

Official Employee

Berger-Wolf wrote:

Still happening, and no Comcast person has deigned respond, even to tell me to turn it off and on again (or someother generic useless advice)

I'm sorry you're having trouble. Hopefully this article will help clear up your issue:

https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/internet/xtv-comcast-net-errorcode-900-102100

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Contributor

Thank you, but I've already done that to no avail.

Contributor

Another day, anothe error message. Today's error code is: Error 7510.10

As with NaN, there is no solution or explanation out there.

Oh, all my software is updated, my computer is configured for Comacast, and I have already turn my computer off and on again....

Who give numbers to these arrors anyway, and why do they do so without creating an explanation? Is it random? Do the digits after the decimal point have a special meaning as well? Does ANYBODY know the answer?

Gold Problem Solver

Berger-Wolf wrote: ... As with NaN, there is no solution or explanation out there. ...

A general answer is given by https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NaN which says:

In computing, NaN, standing for not a number, is a numeric data type value representing an undefined or unrepresentable value, especially in floating-point calculations.

It typically means, "somebody goofed", and the data a program has received is not the kind it was expecting. That info doesn't help with the problem you're having, I've afraid.

Comcast's level of incompetence is a fearsome thing to behold.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation