Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Error 900.primetime.102100

Regular Visitor

Error 900.primetime.102100

I'm getting the Error 900.primetime.102100.  Also will cloud DVR, there's no cover art.  I've tried on different PCs and iPhone/iPad.  Nothing has changed in the enviroment.

New Poster

Re: Error 900.primetime.102100

I had recently reset my router by unplugging/pluggin back in and the issue/error started.  I fixed by going into router setup and changing the DNS setting to AUTOMATICALLY obtain from service provider.

Regular Visitor

I don't have a router, I have a modem, so I don't think DNS would affect this.

Regular Visitor

Changed DNS on my firewall.  Works now.  Thanks!  noticed there are serveral post to this issue, there must be an issue with googles DNS not updating to Comcast's new/changed IPs

New Poster

Thank you! After dealing with 3 different support calls,  I changed DNS to 75.75.75.75 (and away from Google at 8.8.8.8) and the linear channels once again work. I made this change on my computer network settings since Xfinity will not allow me change it on their router. 

Contributor

Thanks. Changing the DNS helped me out

New Poster

Just found this out:  if you are using Chrome your Adobe Falsh is embedded and you need to go to the online site to change your settings.  I jst went there and cleared all history, caches, and upped storage to Unlimited:  WOW is the video good afterwards.

Click on the link here:  https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/changing-flash-player-settings-chrome.html

New Poster

Nothing has helped me.  I spent over two hours with four different Comcast techs this morning, including a level 3 tech, and no one can solve the problem.  The adobe settings thing we thought solved the problem but it didn't.  About 60% of the shows won't play.  No one seems to have an answer.

New Poster

Where was the DNS info changed? I use Firefox at work and havent been able to use the DVR feature. So was it changed in the browser, firewall, something on the network?

Problem Solver

Hello prdiablo,

I apologize for the delayed response. Are you still in need of assistance? If so please reply and we will be sure to address your concerns in a timely manner. 

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

YES WE ALL STILL NEED ASSISTANCE.  i HAVE HAD A TECH 3 TICKET OPEN FOR A WEEK NOW AND 6 HOURS OPN THE PHONE....EVERYTHING IS SET CORRECTLY.  WORKS ON 2 OUT OF 11 WINDOWS 7 MACHINES.  ALL THE SAME SETTINGS!  EVERYTHING UP TO DATE. 

New Poster

I'm getting this message now too, and there's nothing I've been able to do to get it working. I've logged out and back in, updated my flashplayer, installed an old version of flash, restarted my computer, checked my wifi connection, etc. I don't know what else to do. I'm on a school campus, so I can't do anything to my internet connection. 

Frequent Visitor

I got a call back FROM 2 comcast techs level 3 yesterday on my open service ticket from last week.  We went thru even more procedures and I sent them very detail progressive screenshots of the error messages to this point... they are working oni t for real and these knowledgable persons actually knew this is a common problem...so cross your circuits & be patient I guess.

New Poster

Same here. I get this error on Windows7 : Error 900.primetime.102100.5

But it seems to be something on with Comcast, because my Android device (Xfinitiy TV app) using a different broadband provider is showing the following:

- when I watch: "Unhandled Error :: 106000"

- when I download: "Could Not Create Download".

Just 24 hours, all these worked fine!

Please advice

New Poster

These errors were related that I was connecting from outside the USA in my case. VPN is your friend.

New Poster

This Error 900.primetime.102100.5 started happening on our two laptops about 10 days ago.  Before that we were watching our saved programs just fine from both laptops.   This is completely maddening since we are paying Comcast $160 or more a month, can only watch from our laptops right now because we are on the road, and Comcast won't suspend service for anything less than 3 months.  The story seems mixed between whether this is an ongoing known engineering problem at Comcast or whether one can get it fixed individually by talking to a knowledgeable Comcast tech.  I don't have time to spend an hour on the phone to get a non technical person who knows nothing of the problem so I am hoping someone from Comcast is still monitoring this forum and will give us an update.

Frequent Visitor

Still not solved even by their best tech support and many hours on the phone with phone calls, emails and screenshots. 

Desperation steps now...... exchanging the X1 DVR and getting a 3rd replacement modem/dual band router {the 1st one IPv6 was malfunctioning}.  All wtihin 1 month.  One tech says it's a network issue, the other says it's a DVR issue.

I am a Windows PC "tech" and have used 11 different fresh working computers testing this.  Hardwired and wireless...

Only 2 were able to access the DVR recorded programming.  And one can't do it anymore since restarting!

I was able to test 3 of my laptops at different Comcast custiomers locations and was able to access the other persons DVRs fine with ZERO setting changes!  So it has to be one of the 2 Xfinity devices here {DVR or Modem}.

Problem Solver

You said you were "at different Comcast customers locations and was able to access the other persons DVRs fine".  Were you able to connect to your Cloud DVR from the other customers location?  Are you able to connect to another customers Cloud DVR from your location on your laptop?  If you can answer no to the first question and yes to the second, then I would say there is a configuration error on your account, and rule out equipment all together.

Also, just so you know, it really can't be your DVR, because when accessing a DVR recording, you are accessing a copy of that recording stored on a Comcast server, not the copy on your physical DVR.

ZBGB wrote:

Still not solved even by their best tech support and many hours on the phone with phone calls, emails and screenshots. 

Desperation steps now...... exchanging the X1 DVR and getting a 3rd replacement modem/dual band router {the 1st one IPv6 was malfunctioning}.  All wtihin 1 month.  One tech says it's a network issue, the other says it's a DVR issue.

I am a Windows PC "tech" and have used 11 different fresh working computers testing this.  Hardwired and wireless...

Only 2 were able to access the DVR recorded programming.  And one can't do it anymore since restarting!

I was able to test 3 of my laptops at different Comcast custiomers locations and was able to access the other persons DVRs fine with ZERO setting changes!  So it has to be one of the 2 Xfinity devices here {DVR or Modem}.

Contributor

I had recently reset my router by unplugging/pluggin back in and the issue/error started.  I fixed by going into router setup and changing the DNS setting to AUTOMATICALLY obtain from service provider.

This won't work for me as my Comcast router is already set to Automatic.  What else would fix this issue?

I've had this one and 106000 going on for over 6 weeks and call Comcast 2 to 6 times a day about it.  They open a ticket and then somone closes it say they fixed the problem.  How can they say someone fixed it when the problem happens several times a day, day in and day out?

When they open a ticket I'm told someone will call me in 24 to 72 hours, but they never do!  When I call in about the ticket, I'm told its closed, but the problem(s) keep happening day after day!

Frequent Visitor

Not my cloud/DVR THEIRS AT THEIR HOUSE with the same laptops that do not work at my house!  And their computers work at their houses too but not at mine!

Allegedly It has to get the copy stored on my DVR to cloud it 1st from what I was told.

Service Expert

ZBGB wrote:

Not my cloud/DVR THEIRS AT THEIR HOUSE with the same laptops that do not work at my house!  And their computers work at their houses too but not at mine!

Allegedly It has to get the copy stored on my DVR to cloud it 1st from what I was told.

Hard to understand your post, but recorded assets are NOT trannsferred from DVR to Cloud.....  the copy of the recording is made to the Cloud server when you make the recording on the DVR.  There is no transferring done.  You can review the Cloud FAQ here:  http://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/x1-dvr-cloud-technology-general-faqs/

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information - (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers, the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing. Comcast Official Employees (OE) are identified with RED lettered User Names. Comcast Appointed Experts are identified with GREEN lettered User Names.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon