Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Error 900|3370.1000937

New Poster

Error 900|3370.1000937

I've been getting this error message on every episode and live stream for about a month now.  I've tried all solutions posted throughout the forums, nothing works.  Chrome user, windows 8.1.  Please fix this, I have to go on the road next week, and this is my best source of entertainment.

New Poster

Re: Error 900|3370.1000937

I've got the exact same error.  Can't watch anything online so fare.  Strangely, Netflix and Hulu work fine?

New Poster

So does anyone have any solutions to this annoying Error 900|3370.1000937 code? 

New Poster

Hi - if you're using the Chrome browser, look in your settings, select Advanced Settings, click the Content Settings button, then scroll down this screen till you see the heading Protected Content.  Make sure the check box is checked to Allow identifiers for protected content.

When you have this done, click the Done box on the bottom right, then close Chrome and reopen.  Login to Xfinity and see if you're all set.

Cheers,

Shawfish

New Poster

This problem has been happening in every browser (IE 11, Chrome latest version, FireFox latest version -- all on Win 7 machine) still for about a month now.  Ever since my Adobe Flash Player updated to v.17.

I have tried everything and am so sick of it.  I've reinstalled Adobe Flash Player (AFP), done a Clean install of AFP, rolled back to v.16  and then v15 respectively of AFP, rolled back IE to 10, updated all the above mentioned browsers to the very most recent versions, ran scans w/ Norton AV, scanned w/ MS Safety Scanner, re-configed my cache and paged memory allocation, I don't use any toolbars - I hate them, made sure Adobe FP is enabled, manually installed AFP in Chrome...  Lastly followed the steps here about protected content in Chrome's advanced settings.  Nothing works.  So fed up.

This was never an issue until about a month ago.  Something between Adobe Flash Player and an add-on in the background that runs from Xfinity.com is making AFP crash.  Something from Xfinity.com is taking up too much memory and AFP sees it as malicious and shuts down the whole browser, regardless of browser.  In my systerm Perfomance, the memory usage seems to be spiking and then crashing the browsers when the ads run.  Something in the ad playback has changed in the last month or so.  This sucks. Xfinity needs to fix this.  I don't mind watching the ads, but they shouldn't be hogging memory and causing EVERY good browser to crash. (Note, the spike in memory usage itself shouldn't make the browsers crash on my machine.  The spike is still only taking up ~1/3 of avlbl memory, so this is really mis-use of memory and AFP deems it malicious. I mean that's exactly what malicious code would do -  overload the stack.)

Either that or there actually is something malicious in Xfinity online streaming and Xfinity has been hacked.  Either way this really needs to get fixed sooner than later.  Even if it's not a hack, this seems like a huge vunerability.

New Poster

Thanks for the Kudos!

Anyone have an actual solution?  I mean at this point I just won't be watching anything online via Xfinity or Hulu.  (Hulu has the same issues with the ads and is owned by Comcast.)  I guess Xfinity's ok with losing they're online viewers to Amazon (and Netflix if you have that).

I'm really sick of my browsers and laptop crashing and it's starting to worry me that something more serious is happening.  Best to avoid anything that's mis-using memory all together.

(The only other thing that I can guess is happening is that they're using DMA for the objects that stream the ads and either they don't have automatic garbage collection or they're not manually coding to de-allocate the memory. [I don't know what language they're using.  If it's Silverlight, that's a MS language which might not have automatic garbage collection, like C and C++ don't.]  Then, the memory is spiking, Adobe thinks it's being mis-used because too much memory is being allocated and used up, and browsers crash.  That would just be really, really poor programming, but still really bad for your computer.)

New Poster

YOU ROCK!  THANK YOU.

New Poster

Hi - if you're using the Chrome browser, look in your settings, select Advanced Settings, click the Content Settings button, then scroll down this screen till you see the heading Protected Content.  Make sure the check box is checked to Allow identifiers for protected content.

When you have this done, click the Done box on the bottom right, then close Chrome and reopen.  Login to Xfinity and see if you're all set.

Cheers,

Shawfish

New Poster

Thanks Commie, it worked. BigRon