Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Error 7002

New Poster

Error 7002

Right at the end of the movie "longest ride" this error occurred. It is very inconvenient that all of a sudden the video is unavailable. The movie gets good and then it just cuts off the last 30 minutes.
New Poster

Re: Error 7002

All Showtime channels on the PC get same error.  You listening Comcast??

New Poster

I attached a screen capture.

comcast.JPG
New Poster

Same issue. Error 7002 pops up in the middle of The Longest Ride. 

New Poster

Same issue. Tried watching using the tvGo app and I keep getting the error 7002 every time i select something to watch,the show dosent even start.Thought it was just my phone but I tried my tablet and same problem. Smiley Sad not happy.
New Poster

It's up and running again!Cat Happy

New Poster

I'm getting error code 7002 since xmas. How do I fix this? what's the problem?

New Poster

Tv2go getting this error on smartphone
Contributor

Getting error 7002 using the app for most movies and live broadcasts.

Hey Guys, 

The Xfinity Go amp is much like my old Corvette. When it works it freaking awesome, until it's not.  

I have been seeing the 504 and 7002 issue codes on/off for a while. I tried ALL the recommended actions to correct, and it still didn't work. 

So I did some other trouble shooting texting and marked down when I experienced the problem. I noticed it happens mostly during certain times of day, and/or depending where I'm at in city at the time.  I noticed the app would fail on my ipad, so I tried my iphone 6 - same issue popped up. Then I tried my wife's ipad mini. same issue. then I tried watching on line at a desktop, and it worked perfectly. So my next step was to monitor the internet 'packets' going in and out when the problem occurred. Then, when I got home I tried it again on my ipad connected to my home network. Worked perfectly (about 1.5 hr time lapse to get home). 

That's when I think I cracked the nut on this one.  This is NOT an app malfunction. This happening due to Xfinity regulating traffic according to (what it seems to be) individual accounts, a specific internet connection(s) based on the WiFi demand in a given area, and length of time streaming was in use.  So it looks like Xfinitiy has some kind of procedure for metering streaming, so that people seen as using the service "too much" during heavy traffic are booted in favor of new users. 

Next time this happens just sign out of the app, and wait an hour or so.  Or (if possible) change wifi connections, and see if it works. In Orlando, FL the prime times for failure are 4pm - 6pm weekdays, and 1-3 pm on weekends. 

Don't know if I'm right, but its my best guess based on the evidence I could collect. 

Visitor

I don't think that theory pans out, as I'm a new costumer (got xfinity for the first time yesterday) and haven't used the internet at all today, but lo and behold I get the 7002 message when I try to watch.

Correction, it just changed to the 8006 message.

I'm beginning to see that all the horror stories I've heard about comcast are true.