Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Error 6031

New Poster

Error 6031

Everytime I go to watch anything, be it tv series or movie, I get the error code 6031.  The message is:

This Video cannot be played.

Sorry, this video is currently unavailable.  (Error 6031)

Please check back soon

This has been going on for a few hours.

Any help would be appreciated

Tags (1)
Frequent Visitor

Re: Error 6031

A 6031 error can happen if you disconnect and reconnect your monitor during playback, or attach a secondary display to your computer during playback.

Make sure that the connection between your computer and its display are secure and do not change displays while you are playing video.

Can you please provide some details about your computer?

Computer Manufacturer

Operating System Version

Type of video connector (VGA, HDMI, DVI)

Type of display (external monitor, TV, laptop screen, projector)

Laptop/desktop

Regular Visitor

I have the same problem..

New Poster

I am having the same issue, but only with those videos that require authorization which I should have a right to as it is AMC. I can play the other videos just fine.

Regular Visitor

I am currently having the same issue.

Nothing is being disconnected from the computer.

Is happening with AMC, Starz, Encore, HBO. Like those above said.

EDIT: Hey all. Disabled secondary monitor. ISSUE GONE.

now getting error 8002 radmonly...off to figure that one out.

Frequent Visitor

JeepGuy1755 wrote:

I am currently having the same issue.

Nothing is being disconnected from the computer.

Is happening with AMC, Starz, Encore, HBO. Like those above said.

EDIT: Hey all. Disabled secondary monitor. ISSUE GONE.

now getting error 8002 radmonly...off to figure that one out.

I'm glad to hear that disabling the second monitor got you past the 6031 error. This is great news, and useful information we can share with our other customers who may have the same issue.

New Poster

Okay so I did disable my secondary screen and it did work.  But why don't have to disable for the non- subscription shows on ABC, CBS?  Great it is a workaround but it seems more as a coding problem on your end that you still need to straighten out.

Thanks

Regular Visitor

I hope Comast is looking into a fix for this and not assuming that it is fixed. can someone please tell me if it is a Silverlight issue or Comcast issue?

New Poster

I'm also getting this error code, and the problem has been happening for several days. It's only for shows from channels that require subscriptions, which I have. I followed all of the troubleshooting suggestions (clearing cookies & cashe, restarting browser, etc.) and I uninstalled then reinstalled silverlight and made sure it had DRM enabled. i only have one monitor and its connection seems good.

I've got a Lenovo Windows 7 PC running as a media center. it's connected to my TV via HDMI.

Regular Visitor

I have the same problem as pislayer... 

windows 7

three monitors

HP desktop

windows media center installed

normal shows that do note require subscriptions run fine .. only subscription shows the error.

Works on my same exact machine at work, with 3 monitors. 

Frequent Visitor

pieslayer wrote:

I'm also getting this error code, and the problem has been happening for several days. It's only for shows from channels that require subscriptions, which I have. I followed all of the troubleshooting suggestions (clearing cookies & cashe, restarting browser, etc.) and I uninstalled then reinstalled silverlight and made sure it had DRM enabled. i only have one monitor and its connection seems good.

I've got a Lenovo Windows 7 PC running as a media center. it's connected to my TV via HDMI.

Is this error still happening now?

If so, is there any way you can try connecting to the TV via VGA as an experiment?

Or if you have a normal computer monitor, try using that via DVI or VGA.

I'm not suggesting these two steps as permanent solutions - just as diagnostic steps.