members

online now

discussions

Error 6022

ANSWERED
Regular Visitor

Error 6022

I'm also dealing with 6022.

Nothing works, either in Google / Safari / Firefox. I WAS getting error code 6025, but I checked your other thread; apparently, the way to fix 6025 is to install Silverlight V.4; and, indeed, I no longer have 6025... now I have 6022.

Your requested information...

My Zip Code:Unknown

My Cable Provider:Unknown

My myDVR

Manager Status:Not InstalledMy

Set Top Box Names:Not Installed

My Queue setup:False

Facebook Queue Syncing:False

Facebook Connect:FalseMy

public IP address:XX.XXX.XXX - THIS, alone, I have edited; I won't post it unless I absolutely need to.

My operating system:Mac - Undefined

My web browser:Chrome 18 - Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_6_8) AppleWebKit/535.19 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Chrome/18.0.1025.168 Safari/535.19

My system typeesktop Computer Or Other Device

My Move player version:Not Installed

My Silverlight version:4.1.10329.0My flash version:11.2 R202

Javascript:Enabled

Cookies:Enabled

Accepted Solution

Re: Error 6022

The problem has been resolved.

I followed the advice of the first post of this site : Link

I guess Silverlight is unusually difficult to uninstall on OSX 10.6.7. As that link suggests, the files can be scattered all over the place.

Regardless, I uninstalled Silverlight, re-installed it and everything works fine.

View answer in context
Tags (1)
Silver Problem Solver

try clearing your cookies and your cache, uninstill silverlight.  The current version is version 5 so you prob want to update to that.

Regular Visitor

Cache's have been cleared, silverlight upgraded...

And once again, I receive error code 6205 - which is why I switched to silverlight V.4 in the first place.

Should this be reclassified, since my issue (now about a week old) is with a NEW error code...?

(*ETA - In my first post, I incorrectly referred to 'error 6025' - it's 6205 that I've been dealing with, with a brief 6022 thrown in for fun.)

And just to further specify the problem, I can watch videos on youtube / Hulu. I no longer have a Netflix subscription, so I can't try that.

Any time I try to view a video, it goes through the usual routine - "XFinity TV" screen with the message stating - 'obtaining permissions, etc'

Sometimes the screen changes for a moment, before coming back with the black screen and error message.

I've tried quite a bit and I'm totally stumped. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Official Employee

x32 wrote:

Cache's have been cleared, silverlight upgraded...

And once again, I receive error code 6205 - which is why I switched to silverlight V.4 in the first place.

Should this be reclassified, since my issue (now about a week old) is with a NEW error code...?

(*ETA - In my first post, I incorrectly referred to 'error 6025' - it's 6205 that I've been dealing with, with a brief 6022 thrown in for fun.)

And just to further specify the problem, I can watch videos on youtube / Hulu. I no longer have a Netflix subscription, so I can't try that.

Any time I try to view a video, it goes through the usual routine - "XFinity TV" screen with the message stating - 'obtaining permissions, etc'

Sometimes the screen changes for a moment, before coming back with the black screen and error message.

I've tried quite a bit and I'm totally stumped. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Try these solutions in order and then try watching videos after completely each step and let me know the results:

Solution 1: Turn off parental controls if they are on.

Solution 2: Reset Silverlight temporary file.

1. Quit all open browsers - including this window! You may want to print the following steps.
  2. Click the Finder icon from the Dock at the bottom of the screen.
  3. In the menu bar at the top of the screen, select Go then Computer.
  4. Click the Macintosh HD icon.
  5. Open the Library folder.
  6. Open the Application Support folder.
  7. Open the Microsoft folder.
  8. Open the PlayReady folder.

9. Drag the mspr.hds file to the Trash.

• If unable to delete mspr.hds file, skip step 10.
  10. Open a web browser and try to play the title again.

Solution 3: Try logging in as a different user:

Try logging in as a different user or even create a new user account and try again. If you need help with this, contact your computer manufacturer for more help.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Regular Visitor

The problem has been resolved.

I followed the advice of the first post of this site : Link

I guess Silverlight is unusually difficult to uninstall on OSX 10.6.7. As that link suggests, the files can be scattered all over the place.

Regardless, I uninstalled Silverlight, re-installed it and everything works fine.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation