New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Error 6000

ANSWERED
New Poster

Error 6000

I am trying to watch some items on Xfinity TV site (James Bond movies through Encore) and it tells me to try again later with error 6000.  I have updated Silverlight and Flash, and Javascript and cookies are enabled.  Here is the information from xfinitytv.com/computer:

My Device Information My Zip Code: 55432 My Cable Provider: Comcast Minneapolis Digital My myDVR Manager Status: activated My Set Top Box Names: DVR 1 My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 71.195.39.179 My operating system: Windows - rv:13.0 My web browser: Firefox 13 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:13.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/13.0.1 My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 5.1.10516.0 My flash version: 11.3 r300 Javascript: enabled Cookies: enabled
My Account Information Primary Account: True Provider Codes: bw, s, ci, bh, a, y, bq, bx, ce, bb, bc, cd, cf, by, bu, at, bs, cb, ch, ar, aw, cg, bz, bm, au, bl, bv, b, u, bp, br, bo, bt, cc, h, ad, bn Internet Subscriber: True Cable TV Subscriber: True Voice Subscriber: False Any help would be awesome! Robert
Accepted Solution

Re: Error 6000

I actually have it fixed.  I had to go to the Microsoft site and download PlayReadyPC at http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=21772 and once I downloaded it, I was able to play video.  Thanks for the help!

View answer in context
Tags (1)
Official Employee

jediwizard79 wrote:

I am trying to watch some items on Xfinity TV site (James Bond movies through Encore) and it tells me to try again later with error 6000.  I have updated Silverlight and Flash, and Javascript and cookies are enabled.  Here is the information from xfinitytv.com/computer:

My Device Information My Zip Code: 55432 My Cable Provider: Comcast Minneapolis Digital My myDVR Manager Status: activated My Set Top Box Names: DVR 1 My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 71.195.39.179 My operating system: Windows - rv:13.0 My web browser: Firefox 13 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:13.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/13.0.1 My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 5.1.10516.0 My flash version: 11.3 r300 Javascript: enabled Cookies: enabled
My Account Information Primary Account: True Provider Codes: bw, s, ci, bh, a, y, bq, bx, ce, bb, bc, cd, cf, by, bu, at, bs, cb, ch, ar, aw, cg, bz, bm, au, bl, bv, b, u, bp, br, bo, bt, cc, h, ad, bn Internet Subscriber: True Cable TV Subscriber: True Voice Subscriber: False Any help would be awesome! Robert

On your computer, go to: 

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\PlayReady and delete the file that is named "mspr.hds" and then try playing a video again.

Let me know the results.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

I did that and it did not work.  Did a reboot as well.

Official Employee

jediwizard79 wrote:

I did that and it did not work.  Did a reboot as well.

Completely uninstall Silverlight from your computer. Then download and install Silverlight from the link below:

Windows users 

Follow all the on-screen instructions and then try playing videos again. Let me know the results.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

Didn't work.  Is there a setting I need to change in Firefox at all?

Official Employee

jediwizard79 wrote:

Didn't work.  Is there a setting I need to change in Firefox at all?

I am not certainly sure but let's see.

Try using a different web browser and let me know if it works. This is not a permanent solution but it will help us narrow down your issue.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

I actually have it fixed.  I had to go to the Microsoft site and download PlayReadyPC at http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=21772 and once I downloaded it, I was able to play video.  Thanks for the help!

New Poster

Thanks for the information. That error has been bugging me for a couple of weeks. This fixed the problem!

New Poster

error 6000

I tried to view a movie from cinamax which I (think) is available to me.  I got an Error 6000.

Tags (1)
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation