New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Error 573

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

Error 573

When I try to play cable content on xfinity tv website I get an error message saying the video is not currently available (error 573). Please check back later.  This has been happening for several days and affects all videos not associated with basic network tv available through Hulu: TNT shows, BBC shows, Starz, ect.  I have done some basic troubleshooting, cleared my browser cache and cookies, uninstalled and reinstalled Adobe Flash as well as Microsoft Silverlight and attempted to play the videos using a different browser and even with a different computer and I get the same message.  Any further suggestions?

Accepted Solution

Re: Error 573

To anybody still interested, I solved my problem.  If I go somewhere with a faster connection speed I can watch anything that had previously been giving me Error 573.  For some reason the network tv shows allow me to buffer happily away but the cable licensed programs won't play at all with a slow connection.  So that was my issue anyway. 

View answer in context
Tags (1)
Official Employee

vncca wrote:

When I try to play cable content on xfinity tv website I get an error message saying the video is not currently available (error 573). Please check back later.  This has been happening for several days and affects all videos not associated with basic network tv available through Hulu: TNT shows, BBC shows, Starz, ect.  I have done some basic troubleshooting, cleared my browser cache and cookies, uninstalled and reinstalled Adobe Flash as well as Microsoft Silverlight and attempted to play the videos using a different browser and even with a different computer and I get the same message.  Any further suggestions?

Please go to www.xfinitytv.com/computer and copy the information you see on-screen and paste it in this thread so we can further assist you.

Also, please send the links of the videos that you are trying to watch.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

My Device Information My Zip Code: Unknown My Cable Provider: Unknown My myDVR Manager Status: Unknown My Set Top Box Names: Unknown My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 71.105.69.98 My operating system: Windows - Windows NT 5.1 My web browser: Explorer 8 - Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 1.0.3705; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; Media Center PC 4.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; Zune 4.7) My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 5.1.10516.0 My flash version: 11.4 r402 Javascript: enabled Cookies: enabled

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv/The-Mentalist/100754/2276107544/Scarlet-Ribbons/videos

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv/Doctor-Who/328/2275680742/Aslyum-of-the-Daleks/videos

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/movies/The-Muppets/213237/2257037465/Muppets%2C-The/videos  

Like I said, it seems like I've tried several different videos and if it isn't basic tv network shows it gives me the error message so these are just three samples.

Official Employee

vncca wrote:

My Device Information My Zip Code: Unknown My Cable Provider: Unknown My myDVR Manager Status: Unknown My Set Top Box Names: Unknown My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 71.105.69.98 My operating system: Windows - Windows NT 5.1 My web browser: Explorer 8 - Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 1.0.3705; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; Media Center PC 4.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; Zune 4.7) My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 5.1.10516.0 My flash version: 11.4 r402 Javascript: enabled Cookies: enabled

Go to the paths below and delete the mspr.hds file and then try playing a video again:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\PlayReady\mspr.hds
or
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\PlayReady\mspr.hds

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

The file name mspr.hds can't be found on my computer.  I looked in the Play Ready folder but the paths you mentioned don't lead me to anything with that name. 

Frequent Visitor

Hello Comcast Joe- You did not solve my problem and then you abandoned me like a little lost chick.  I have tried everything you have written in past forum posts even marginally related to this and nothing is working.  I have gone to cmd.exe and given the cd %ProgramData%\Microsoft\PlayReady\
del *.hds
rmdir /S Cache command only to be told it could not be found.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled Silverlight and tried past versions of Silverlight, nothing is working.  I've tried it on many different computers as well which leads me to believe it's not something lurking in the machine.  Either my account has been cut off which doesn't make sense or there is a glitch (technical term, I know) on your end.  Either case I wanted to post this so future readers could see that for me in my battle against Error 573 Comcast Joe didn't come through.  I'll just call the support number tomorrow.

Frequent Visitor

If you get the problem solved please let me know because I have the same problem. Thanks!

Official Employee

vncca wrote:

Hello Comcast Joe- You did not solve my problem and then you abandoned me like a little lost chick.  I have tried everything you have written in past forum posts even marginally related to this and nothing is working.  I have gone to cmd.exe and given the cd %ProgramData%\Microsoft\PlayReady\
del *.hds
rmdir /S Cache command only to be told it could not be found.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled Silverlight and tried past versions of Silverlight, nothing is working.  I've tried it on many different computers as well which leads me to believe it's not something lurking in the machine.

Do you have the lasest Service Pack installed for Windows XP?

Also, try uninstalling Silverlight 5 and click here to download and install Silverlight 4.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

Yup, service pack 3 and I'm already running Silverlight 4, it had been suggested in another forum post and I have tried everything I could find.

Official Employee

vncca wrote:

Yup, service pack 3 and I'm already running Silverlight 4, it had been suggested in another forum post and I have tried everything I could find.

The information you posted says that you are using version 5.1.10516.0. You are using Silverlight 4 now?

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

Ok, I just checked and I'm definately running Silverlight 4

My Silverlight version:4.0.50401.0

My flash version:11.4 r402

The video still won't play but I have a different message this time asking me to update my Silverlight....so what do I do now?

Official Employee

vncca wrote:

Ok, I just checked and I'm definately running Silverlight 4

My Silverlight version:4.0.50401.0

My flash version:11.4 r402

The video still won't play but I have a different message this time asking me to update my Silverlight....so what do I do now?

Completely uninstall Silverlight 4.0.50401.0 from your computer. Then download and install Silverlight 5.1.10516 from the link below:

Windows users 

This is a patched version that fixes most video playback issues and gets you out of the "Please install/upgrade Silverlight" loop.

Follow all the on-screen instructions and then try playing videos again. Let me know the results.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

Didn't work.  It's gone back to the Error 573 message.

Official Employee

vncca wrote:

Didn't work.  It's gone back to the Error 573 message.

Can you please go back to www.xfinitytv.com/computer and copy the information you see on-screen and paste it in this thread.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

My Device Information:

My Zip Code: Unknown
My Cable Provider: Unknown
My myDVR Manager Status: Unknow
n My Set Top Box Names: Unknow
n My Queue setup: False
Facebook Queue Syncing: false
Facebook Connect: False
My public IP address: 71.105.69.9
8 My operating system: Windows - Windows NT 5.1
My web browser: Explorer 8 - Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 1.0.3705; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; Media Center PC 4.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; Zune 4.7)
My system type: Desktop computer or other device
My Move player version: Not Installed
My Silverlight version: 5.1.10516.0
My flash version: 11.4 r402
Javascript: enabled
Cookies: enabled

Time Information
My Clock Time: Thu Sep 13 11:35:04 PDT 2012
Server Clock Time: NaN

My Account Information
Primary Account: True
Provider Codes: s, bi, bj, bq, ce, cd, cf, aw, ar, cg, au, bv, b, u, c, br, bt, cm, h, ad, bw, bh, ci, a, y, bx, bu, by, bs, at, cb, ch, bz, bm, bl, bp, bo, cc, f, m, bn
Internet Subscriber: True
Cable TV Subscriber: True
Voice Subscriber: True    

I did completely delete the Microsoft PlayReady file in an attempt to get rid of the mspr.hds so that's probably different.
Official Employee

vncca wrote:
My Device Information:

My Zip Code: Unknown
My Cable Provider: Unknown
My myDVR Manager Status: Unknow
n My Set Top Box Names: Unknow
n My Queue setup: False
Facebook Queue Syncing: false
Facebook Connect: False
My public IP address: 71.105.69.9
8 My operating system: Windows - Windows NT 5.1
My web browser: Explorer 8 - Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 1.0.3705; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; Media Center PC 4.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; Zune 4.7)
My system type: Desktop computer or other device
My Move player version: Not Installed
My Silverlight version: 5.1.10516.0
My flash version: 11.4 r402
Javascript: enabled
Cookies: enabled

Time Information
My Clock Time: Thu Sep 13 11:35:04 PDT 2012
Server Clock Time: NaN

My Account Information
Primary Account: True
Provider Codes: s, bi, bj, bq, ce, cd, cf, aw, ar, cg, au, bv, b, u, c, br, bt, cm, h, ad, bw, bh, ci, a, y, bx, bu, by, bs, at, cb, ch, bz, bm, bl, bp, bo, cc, f, m, bn
Internet Subscriber: True
Cable TV Subscriber: True
Voice Subscriber: True    

I did completely delete the Microsoft PlayReady file in an attempt to get rid of the mspr.hds so that's probably different.

Since you uninstalled PlayReady, please go here and reinstall Playready here:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=21772

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

OK it's downloaded.  I refreshed the web browser and tried the videos again and I'm still getting the 573 error.  Do I need to ferret out the msrp.hds file again?

Frequent Visitor

Hello?? Still not working, still have that darn Error 573...have you given up on me?  I won't blame you, I would too.

Official Employee

vncca wrote:

Hello?? Still not working, still have that darn Error 573...have you given up on me?  I won't blame you, I would too.

Did you look for the msrp.hds file again? Was it there or still missing?

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

It was there, I've deleted it. Still getting the Error 573 message.

Official Employee

vncca wrote:

It was there, I've deleted it. Still getting the Error 573 message.

When trying to start a video, does the mspr.hds file reappear in the folder?

If so, instead of deleting it, try renaming it to mspr.hds.old and then try again.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

I don't see it reappearing...

Frequent Visitor

Hello?? Any more suggestions about what's going wrong??

Frequent Visitor

Alright Comcast Joe! I'm on to something finally...mspr.hds DOES pop up when I try to play a video only it's hidden in a different path along with the Cache folder, specifically:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\PlayReady

I took your advice and renamed it mspr.hds.old then tried again but it popped up AGAIN, the little bugger.   So now, please tell me how to get rid of it so I can start wasting time watching movies instead of cussing at my computer.

New Poster

to everyone having the silverlight issue,i too had the same problem until i got fed up. i downloaded microsoft fix-it 50747 ver 2.1.3.6 (this is a nifty little program that will clean up your silverlight uninstall). i downloaded an older version of silverlight, ver 4.0.60531.0. and after you do these things just go to control panel,add/remove programs, and uninstall silverlight. then run the microsoft fix-it program which will clean up any left over remnants of your silverlight uninstall,then install the version 4 silverlight,then go to start,all programs,silverlight, this brings up the silverlight control panel,go to the updates tab and check to never check for updates,close that control panel,bring up internet explorer,log in to your xfinity account,go to what you want to watch,and lo and behold it works,no problem. PS you can get old versions of silverlight at oldapps.com. the only possible concern with this approach is that not allowing silverlight to update may expose you to security risks,but hey,thats nothing new with IE right?   hope this works for everyone as well as it has for me. you may also want to run CCcleaner (freeware program to clean up your PC's leftover dll's,registry keys,temp internet files,etc. i did this before i found my posted solution, it may of had an impact on this all working for me,but i cant say for sure.

Frequent Visitor

Thanks for that, it was worth a try.  I'm glad it worked for you and hopefully for others as well.  For me, as soon as I tried to play a video on my xfinity account it prompted me to update my silverlight.  With the newer version, and with the patched version listed somewhere in this forum, I keep getting the Error 573 message.  I don't know what's going on and I feel like I've spent enough of my life working on it.  If the problem ever gets solved I will post here for anyone still struggling. 

Official Employee

vncca wrote:

Alright Comcast Joe! I'm on to something finally...mspr.hds DOES pop up when I try to play a video only it's hidden in a different path along with the Cache folder, specifically:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\PlayReady

I took your advice and renamed it mspr.hds.old then tried again but it popped up AGAIN, the little bugger.   So now, please tell me how to get rid of it so I can start wasting time watching movies instead of cussing at my computer.

Have you tried deleting it completely yet?

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

HAHAHAHAHAHA!  Oh.....that's a good one.  (Just so you know, I am still the orig. poster just using a different name because for some reason the original is locked out. Gives an indication of my computer literacy.)  Also, for the sake of my sanity I've stopped trying to fix this as obsessively as I had been, just checking back out of morbid curiosity.  Update: Still no cable content can be played.  Error 573 is still my nemesis.  As my last hurrah I uninstalled everything; browser, flash, silverlight and playready. I ran virus scans, mal-ware/ spyware scans and ccleaner as well as the FixIT recommended by another poster.  I then reinstalled everything and ran all those scans and fixIT again. I disabled any plugin that was not directly related to playing the video After a short Update Silverlight Loop I just ended up with the inevitable Error 573 message.  I have checked and  mrsp.hds is not in any Playready folder.  Anyway, like I said, just checking back out of morbid curiosity.  

New Poster

To anybody still interested, I solved my problem.  If I go somewhere with a faster connection speed I can watch anything that had previously been giving me Error 573.  For some reason the network tv shows allow me to buffer happily away but the cable licensed programs won't play at all with a slow connection.  So that was my issue anyway. 

Discussion stats
  • 28 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 5 in conversation