New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Error 571

New Poster

Error 571

Hi there,

I have always watched tv shows online on my computer. Today I keep getting a message saying that I don't have silverlight installed on my computer. I have silverlight already installed. I have even tried to run the install to make sure I have the newest version, and I do. I have verified this on the silverlight website. Why is the Xfinity website continously telling me I do not have this? 

New Poster

ERROR 571

I tried the following with no luck:

Mac OS X:

1. Double-click the Hard Drive icon on your desktop.
  2. Navigate to your Internet Plug-Ins directory: /Library/Internet Plug-Ins/.
  3. Drag any of the following files you may see into your trash bin:
    • Flash Player.plugin
    • Flashplayer.xpt
  1. Open your Internet browser.
  2. Go to http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ and follow instructions to reinstall latest version of Adobe Flash Player.
  3. Close and restart your Internet browser.
  4. Return to the XFINITY TV video page and retry the video that gave you the error message.

Any fix?

Bill

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: ERROR 571

BILLDORGAN wrote:

I tried the following with no luck:

Mac OS X:

• Flash Player.plugin
    • Flashplayer.xpt
  2. Go to http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ and follow instructions to reinstall latest version of Adobe Flash Player.
  4. Return to the XFINITY TV video page and retry the video that gave you the error message.

Any fix?

Bill

Please go to www.xfinitytv.com/computer and copy the information you see on-screen and paste it in this thread so we can further assist you.

Also, please send the URLs of the videos that you are trying to watch.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

My Device Information My Zip Code: 33334 My Cable Provider: Comcast Ft Lauderdale Digital My myDVR Manager Status: activated My Set Top Box Names: OFFICE DVD My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: Not Installed My public IP address: 65.34.202.113 My operating system: Mac - rv:11.0 My web browser: Firefox 11 - Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.7; rv:11.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/11.0 My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 4.0.60831.0 My flash version: 11.2 r202 Javascript: enabled Cookies: enabled My Account Information Primary Account: True Provider Codes: bw, ci, a, bq, ce, cd, cf, by, bu, bs, at, cb, ch, cg, bz, bm, bl, bv, b, c, bo, cc, bn Internet Subscriber: True Cable TV Subscriber: True Voice Subscriber: True The URL of the video I tried to access is: http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv/Colbert-Report/94816/2240901841/The-Colbert-Report-5-30-2012/videos?...

Official Employee

BILLDORGAN wrote:

My Device Information My Zip Code: 33334 My Cable Provider: Comcast Ft Lauderdale Digital My myDVR Manager Status: activated My Set Top Box Names: OFFICE DVD My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: Not Installed My public IP address: 65.34.202.113 My operating system: Mac - rv:11.0 My web browser: Firefox 11 - Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.7; rv:11.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/11.0 My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 4.0.60831.0 My flash version: 11.2 r202 Javascript: enabled Cookies: enabled My Account Information Primary Account: True Provider Codes: bw, ci, a, bq, ce, cd, cf, by, bu, bs, at, cb, ch, cg, bz, bm, bl, bv, b, c, bo, cc, bn Internet Subscriber: True Cable TV Subscriber: True Voice Subscriber: True The URL of the video I tried to access is: http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv/Colbert-Report/94816/2240901841/The-Colbert-Report-5-30-2012/videos?...

This is actually a Silverlight Player issue and not a Flash issue even though most Flash issues on Xfinity.com/tv are 5xx errors.

Go here to update your Silverlight and then try again.

Let me know the results.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

I downloaded the latest version of Silverlight for MAC. I attempted to access the video and I keep on getting this message:

You're almost ready to watch

Please install the Microsoft Silverlight plug-in to begin watching this video.

INSTALL NOW
New Poster

Having the exact same problem here as well.  Was working fine a few days ago, today it told me silverlight needed to be updated.  Ran update, now keeps telling me I'm almost ready...but never lets me watch Smiley Sad

New Poster

error 571

I have the correct Microsoft Silverlight for a Mac running Snow Leopard.  I'm running my browser in 32-bit mode.  i have the correct Flash Player installed.  I have emptied my cache.  I have premium channel access.  Every time I try to use any video on demand service, I get Error 571.  This is a Comcast network configuration problem.  Fix it.

Tags (1)
New Poster

Re: Online Player

I have been getting the same message/issue today as well, and I also re-installed but still getting the error/message. I can't watch any premium shows....let me know if you get any help.

Thanks

Rick

Official Employee

jones61 wrote:

I have been getting the same message/issue today as well, and I also re-installed but still getting the error/message. I can't watch any premium shows....let me know if you get any help.

Thanks

Rick

RHall10455 wrote:

Hi there,

I have always watched tv shows online on my computer. Today I keep getting a message saying that I don't have silverlight installed on my computer. I have silverlight already installed. I have even tried to run the install to make sure I have the newest version, and I do. I have verified this on the silverlight website. Why is the Xfinity website continously telling me I do not have this? 

Hello, can you both confirm which version of Silverlight you are running?  http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/computer

Today we released a Microsoft Silverlight fix to resolve some playback issues customers were seeing while trying to watch XfinityTV content. This is the likely cause for the pop-up asking you to update. Also note that this build is only available via XfinityTV so going to Microsoft's Silverlight site will still result in a request to upgrade when you come back.

Thanks,
Tony

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

Same issue's I am getting same messages, error 571 and the Microsoft silverlight error, I have uninstalled both the adobe flash player and silverlight and still getting error messages. I was even on the phone with tech support for 45 min. not much help. let me know if any solutions are made.

New Poster

My Zip Code:02035My Cable Provider:Comcast Foxboro DigitalMy myDVR Manager Status:My Set Top Box Names:My Queue setup:FalseFacebook Queue Syncing:falseFacebook Connect:FalseMy public IP address:66.87.4.91My operating system:Windows - Windows NT 6.1My web browser:Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; eSobiSubscriber 2.0.4.16; BRI/1; MAAR; .NET4.0C; BRI/2)My system typeesktop computer or other deviceMy Move player version:Not Installed My Silverlight version:5.1.10516.0My flash version:11.2 r202Javascript:enabled

Cookies:enabled

Official Employee

jones61 wrote:

My Zip Code:02035My Cable Provider:Comcast Foxboro DigitalMy myDVR Manager Status:My Set Top Box Names:My Queue setup:FalseFacebook Queue Syncing:falseFacebook Connect:FalseMy public IP address:66.87.4.91My operating system:Windows - Windows NT 6.1My web browser:Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; eSobiSubscriber 2.0.4.16; BRI/1; MAAR; .NET4.0C; BRI/2)My system typeesktop computer or other deviceMy Move player version:Not Installed My Silverlight version:5.1.10516.0My flash version:11.2 r202Javascript:enabled

Cookies:enabled

Thanks, that is the correct version. Can you take a screenshot of the error or upgrade message?

Thanks,
Tony

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

This video cannot be played.

Sorry, this video is currently unavailable. (Error 571)

Please check back soon.

Learn More

These are errors that some users see when trying to watch a video. These are errors that are given from Adobe Flash Player. Please try these troubleshooting steps:

Reinstall Flash Player

1. Close your Internet browser.
  2. Uninstall/delete your Adobe Flash Plugin:

Windows Vista and Windows:

1. Click Start and select Control Panel.
  2. Select Uninstall a Program.
  3. Choose Adobe Flash Player.
  4. Click on Uninstall.
  5. Click YES to Uninstall Adobe Flash Player.

Windows XP:

1. Click Start and select Settings, then Control Panel.
  2. Select Add or Remove Programs.
  3. Choose Adobe Flash Player.
  4. Click on Remove.
  5. Click YES to Uninstall Adobe Flash Player.

Mac OS X:

• Flash Player.plugin
    • Flashplayer.xpt

Contact Us

If you are still having video issues, please post your issue in our Help & Support Forums and we can further assist you. Please be as detailed as possible for a better and more efficient customer service experience.

Official Employee

Re: error 571

mayoung1 wrote:

I have the correct Microsoft Silverlight for a Mac running Snow Leopard.  I'm running my browser in 32-bit mode.  i have the correct Flash Player installed.  I have emptied my cache.  I have premium channel access.  Every time I try to use any video on demand service, I get Error 571.  This is a Comcast network configuration problem.  Fix it.

Please go to www.xfinitytv.com/computer and copy the information you see on-screen and paste it in this thread so we can further assist you.

Also, please send the URLs of the videos that you are trying to watch.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Regular Visitor

Ok I have the same issue and I have : The version of Silverlight installed is:
Silverlight 5 (5.1.10411.0) <from their website ran the check my self just now and from your site I get :

My Device Information My Zip Code: 94565 My Cable Provider: Comcast Pittsburg CableCard My myDVR Manager Status: Not Installed My Set Top Box Names: Not Installed My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: False Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 98.234.246.70 My operating system: Windows - Undefined My web browser: Chrome 19 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/536.5 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Chrome/19.0.1084.52 Safari/536.5 My system type: Desktop Computer Or Other Device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: Unknown My flash version: 11.2 R202 Javascript&colon; Enabled Cookies: Enabled

Frequent Visitor

Same issue as above poster

My Device Information My Zip Code: 06437 My Cable Provider: Comcast Branford Digital My myDVR Manager Status: Activated My Set Top Box Names: DVR 1 My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: False Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 50.137.70.177 My operating system: Windows - Undefined My web browser: Chrome 19 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/536.5 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Chrome/19.0.1084.52 Safari/536.5 My system type: Desktop Computer Or Other Device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 5.1.10516.0 My flash version: 11.2 R202 Javascript&colon; Enabled Cookies: Enabled

My Account Information
New Poster

Same problem as mayoung1.  Please fix the Comcast network configuration problem.  Error 571.

New Poster

I'm getting the same problem also! I've got the latest version of silverlightg and i've tried using Internet Explorer and Chrome. I'm on windows 7. Help us!!

Official Employee

Hi All, this issue is currently under investigation. Look for further updates soon.

Thanks,
Tony

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

Wondering if you have any more information about this issue?

Official Employee

BILLDORGAN wrote:

Wondering if you have any more information about this issue?

When this appeared on-screen,

You're almost ready to watch

Please install the Microsoft Silverlight plug-in to begin watching this video.

INSTALL NOW

Did you click Install Now? We just released a patch that is needed to watch videos which is included on this version.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

I have...over and over and over.  I'm trying to watch Hardcore Pawn and after it is downloaded and installed, I restart the browser and the exact same thing shows...."

You're almost ready to watch Hardcore Pawn

Please upgrade your Microsoft Silverlight plug-in to begin watching this video.

UPGRADE NOW"

This is on Safari. 

On a brighter note, I downloaded Google Chrome and can view it.....

New Poster

Error 571

I keep getting this error message and I have reinstalled Siverlight and Flashplayer. My internet seems to be slow since doing this. HELP!!!!

New Poster

Same problem for me.  Need this reolved.  Running Mac OS X with latest Safari.

New Poster

can't watch shows online-error 571

Windows 7

get error in both IE8 and Firefox 13.0

I uninstalled Adobe Flash Player.

Reinstalled Adobe Flash Player.

Still getting error.

I can watch SOME shows, but mostly no.

Help

New Poster

Same issue and same versions are Jones61 above.

Unable to attach a file showing the error. It reads:

This video cannot be played.

Sorry this video is currently unavailable. (Error 571)

Please check back soon.

-----------------

Learn More (button)

-----------------

Learn more button takes you to a broken link: customer.comcast.com/help-and-support?item=%2fhelp-and-support%2finternet%2ftroubleshoot-xfinity-tv-videos%2f&user=extranet%5cAnonymous&site=website

Oops. This page cannot be found.

New Poster

Still doesn't work. More and more people. Very frustrating. Comcast, seems like you have a big service problem.
Official Employee

Justenc & RHall10455,

Uninstall Silverlight completely from your computer and then try playing the video again. You will be prompted to install Silverlight. Please follow all the on-screen instructions and then try again.

Let me know the results.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

Re: Error 571

Tried that and cleared IE cache in between. Same results. I even cleared Play ready cache.
Official Employee

Justenc wrote:
Tried that and cleared IE cache in between. Same results. I even cleared Play ready cache.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Contributor

Error 571 etc.

No matter which movie I choose, I get error 571.  This is after 2 months of getting "Upgrade Now".  I finally found out how to fix the darned Silverlight problem and now THIS shows up.  Why am I paying you for *bleep* service like this?  If you can't straighten out your service problems, I can sure as *bleep* do without your help.  The next message you get from me is going to be a cutoff notice and a demand for repayment  of payment for "unavailable" services.  Now snap to it and fix this *bleep* service or send back my money!

New Poster

IM having same problem today. Everything was working yesterday, today is giving me this error message, Sorry, this video is currently unavailable. (Error 571), I just spoke to xfinity tech he told me is a windows 7 problem, but it played yesterday and last year or so and today I got this error 571 nobody now's what this error 571 is, can anybody resolve this, I travel and watch my TV now I got nothing, please help.

New Poster

Here it is

My Device Information My Zip Code: 03275 My Cable Provider: Comcast Concord Digital My myDVR Manager Status: activated My Set Top Box Names: TV Room My Queue setup: True Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: True My public IP address: 71.255.129.12 My operating system: Windows - Windows NT 6.1 My web browser: Explorer 8 - Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0C; InfoPath.3; .NET4.0E) My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 5.1.10516.0 My flash version: 11.2 r202 Javascript&colon; enabled Cookies: enabled
My Account Information Primary Account: False Provider Codes: bw, s, d, al, ci, bi, bj, a, y, bq, bx, ce, bb, bc, cd, cf, by, bu, at, bs, g, ak, cb, ch, ar, aw, e, aj, cg, bz, bm, au, bl, bv, b, u, bp, bk, br, c, bo, cj, bt, cc, f, m, h, ad, bn Internet Subscriber: True Cable TV Subscriber: True Voice Subscriber: True
New Poster

And today it works. Same episode I was trying all week. Not that I only tried one but today it is working. I have not changed anything or even really used this machine in a few days.

How come? And what do I do when it fails again, because it probably will

Justen