Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Error 556

Regular Visitor

Error 556

I am seeing error 556. It started about two days ago. I was in the middle of watching a video and then first it cutoff and said I needed silver light. I having been watching these videos mind you every day and there was never an issue. I would come to the forum looking for answers and today I got the error code 556. I saw that for someone else with this issue it said the issue was solved and to start a new thread if you have this issue. So here is my thread.

My Zip Code: Unknown My Cable Provider: Unknown My myDVR Manager Status: Not Installed My Set Top Box Names: Not Installed My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: Not Installed My public IP address: 199.136.106.103 My operating system: Windows - undefined My web browser: Firefox 13 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:13.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/13.0 My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 4.1.10329.0 My flash version: 11.3 r300 Javascript: enabled Cookies: enabled

My Account Information Primary Account: False Provider Codes: bw, s, d, al, ci, bi, bj, a, y, bq, bx, ce, bb, bc, cd, cf, by, bu, at, bs, g, ak, cb, ch, ar, aw, e, aj, cg, bz, bm, au, bl, bv, b, u, bp, bk, br, c, bo, cj, bt, cc, f, m, h, ad, bn Internet Subscriber: True Cable TV Subscriber: True Voice Subscriber: True
Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: Error 556

KChamberlain09 wrote:

I am seeing error 556. It started about two days ago. I was in the middle of watching a video and then first it cutoff and said I needed silver light. I having been watching these videos mind you every day and there was never an issue. I would come to the forum looking for answers and today I got the error code 556. I saw that for someone else with this issue it said the issue was solved and to start a new thread if you have this issue. So here is my thread.

My Zip Code: Unknown My Cable Provider: Unknown My myDVR Manager Status: Not Installed My Set Top Box Names: Not Installed My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: Not Installed My public IP address: 199.136.106.103 My operating system: Windows - undefined My web browser: Firefox 13 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:13.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/13.0 My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 4.1.10329.0 My flash version: 11.3 r300 Javascript: enabled Cookies: enabled

My Account Information Primary Account: False Provider Codes: bw, s, d, al, ci, bi, bj, a, y, bq, bx, ce, bb, bc, cd, cf, by, bu, at, bs, g, ak, cb, ch, ar, aw, e, aj, cg, bz, bm, au, bl, bv, b, u, bp, bk, br, c, bo, cj, bt, cc, f, m, h, ad, bn Internet Subscriber: True Cable TV Subscriber: True Voice Subscriber: True

Completely uninstall Silverlight from your computer and then try playing the video again. You will now be prompted to install Silverlight. Please follow all the on-screen instructions and let me know if the video works now.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Problem Solver

interesting went to micro site for siverlight support this is web page return info

http://www.silverlight.net/community/support 

Regular Visitor

Sorry for such a late response. I t started working again but on yesterday it started saying the same error code again. This time with pretty much all of the shows. I uninstalled silverlight and the problem still exists. I am only ale to watch a few movies . Please help.

Official Employee

KChamberlain09 wrote:

Sorry for such a late response. I t started working again but on yesterday it started saying the same error code again. This time with pretty much all of the shows. I uninstalled silverlight and the problem still exists. I am only ale to watch a few movies . Please help.

You need to install the patched version of Silverlight that we have released.

Completely uninstall Silverlight from your computer. I known you have done this already but I need you to do it one more time. Instead of re-installing it from the Silverlight website, I want you to download Silverlight from the link below. This is a patched version that is needed to run videos:

Windows users 

Follow all the on-screen instructions and then try playing videos again. Let me know the results.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation