Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Error 503

Contributor

Error 503

I keep getting an error 503 when trying to download shows to my Samsung tablet. I can download some shows with put issue. But the playback on these shows with the 503 error also have issues when streaming in addition to not being able to download them.
Service Expert

Re: Error 503

melias31 wrote:
I keep getting an error 503 when trying to download shows to my Samsung tablet. I can download some shows with put issue. But the playback on these shows with the 503 error also have issues when streaming in addition to not being able to download them.

are you on a smart device (iphone/ipad/android smart device)? Are you in your home and on your home WiFi?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Contributor

It's a Samsung android. I'm away from home. I can dogwood some shows. But most get the 503 error. Also when playing back either what I have been able to download or when I stream the recording keeps skipping a second or 2 ahead every few minutes.
Contributor

Autocorrect not dogwood download.
Contributor

Anyone know why the 503 error occurs when trying to download shows?
Contributor

I love how a Comcast employee can take the time to love my question to a different thread but none of the employees who monitor the forums can point me in the direction of how to get this fixed. I keep getting this 503 error code on both a galaxy note 3 and a galaxy note 10.1. I also get a message sometimes saying that my manifest is wrong and someone is looking into it. But I still can't download anything now for over a week.
Contributor

No edit option. But they can move my question but can't take time to respond to my question.
Service Expert

melias31 wrote:
I love how a Comcast employee can take the time to love my question to a different thread but none of the employees who monitor the forums can point me in the direction of how to get this fixed. I keep getting this 503 error code on both a galaxy note 3 and a galaxy note 10.1. I also get a message sometimes saying that my manifest is wrong and someone is looking into it. But I still can't download anything now for over a week.

re: your next post about edit you have to login if a new session (page) was used. 

Diagnosis of the 503 could be tested by creating some small files of SD (like TVLand) programs. you could record last 5 minutes of a show. see if it works then last 10 minutes, 15 minutes, etc to see if the smalll size fits on your device. the device may be restricting use of memory.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Regular Visitor

I also have the same issue; in the past some specific recordings had the problem, no big deal, I watched them during the weekend, but now None can be downloaded, some stop at 0% other at 5%, 6% and even 42%

Is there any value calling support to tell them of my error? I even tried a different phone/device, clear cache, reset my main DVR, resync.

If calling support is needed, what can I tell them to make them figure it out easily? something like "Could you please clear my download log?"

Thanks in advance!

Service Expert

rcaballe wrote:

I also have the same issue; in the past some specific recordings had the problem, no big deal, I watched them during the weekend, but now None can be downloaded, some stop at 0% other at 5%, 6% and even 42%

Is there any value calling support to tell them of my error? I even tried a different phone/device, clear cache, reset my main DVR, resync.

If calling support is needed, what can I tell them to make them figure it out easily? something like "Could you please clear my download log?"

Thanks in advance!

after 30 days the download expires on your device. must delete and redownload if you desire.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Regular Visitor

Thank you Rustybend but my issue is in downloading new content. What was able to download sometime ago I was able to see it with no issues.

I just to want to spend unproductive hours with support if someone can give me the "magic words" or phrase that can make them do something that can clear my download capabilities/permissions.

Thanks again,

Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation