Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

5,808,933

members

28

online now

1,954,679

discussions

Top

Error 400: Showtime, HBO, MTV etc not working

New Poster

Error 400: Showtime, HBO, MTV etc not working

On a Mac.  Have reset the cache for both firefox and safari.  Have deleted the silverlight and reinstalled to newest version.  Still getting the error message and have been for the last few days.  Please help.

 

Thank you.

Official Employee

Re: Error 400: Showtime, HBO, MTV etc not working


rachelstephenso wrote:

On a Mac.  Have reset the cache for both firefox and safari.  Have deleted the silverlight and reinstalled to newest version.  Still getting the error message and have been for the last few days.  Please help.

 

Thank you.


Please go to www.xfinitytv.com/computer and copy the information you see on-screen and paste it in this thread so we can further assist you.

 

Also, please send the URLs of the videos that you are trying to watch.

 

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe




Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

Re: Error 400: Showtime, HBO, MTV etc not working

My Zip Code: 94904 My Cable Provider: Comcast San Rafael Digital My myDVR Manager Status: activated My Set Top Box Names: DVR 1 My Queue setup: True Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 24.5.115.90 My operating system: Mac - Intel Mac OS X 10.6 My web browser: Firefox 3.6 - Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; en-US; rv:1.9.2.25) Gecko/20111212 Firefox/3.6.25 My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: 071706000001 My Silverlight version: 4.0.60831.0 My flash version: 10.1 r102 Javascript: enabled Cookies: enabled http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv/Shameless/106921/2190573345/Shameless%3A-A-Beautiful-Mess/videos

Official Employee

Re: Error 400: Showtime, HBO, MTV etc not working


rachelstephenso wrote:

My Zip Code: 94904 My Cable Provider: Comcast San Rafael Digital My myDVR Manager Status: activated My Set Top Box Names: DVR 1 My Queue setup: True Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 24.5.115.90 My operating system: Mac - Intel Mac OS X 10.6 My web browser: Firefox 3.6 - Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; en-US; rv:1.9.2.25) Gecko/20111212 Firefox/3.6.25 My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: 071706000001 My Silverlight version: 4.0.60831.0 My flash version: 10.1 r102 Javascript: enabled Cookies: enabled http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv/Shameless/106921/2190573345/Shameless%3A-A-Beautiful-Mess/videos


You do not have the newest version of Silverlight (5) installed. Go here for step-by-step instructions and let me know if it works:

 

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/help/technical-support/xfinity-tv-player/#silverlight-reinstall

 

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe




Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

Re: Error 400: Showtime, HBO, MTV etc not working

When I go to the silverlight site, it says I am on version 5.  I have erased everything from version 4, and have tried downloading and installing version 5 multiple times over the last couple weeks.  Still not working.   Very frustrating.

New Poster

Re: Error 400: Showtime, HBO, MTV etc not working

Here is my info again.

 

It says version 5- and it is not working still.

 

My Device Information My Zip Code: 94904 My Cable Provider: Comcast San Rafael Digital My myDVR Manager Status: activated My Set Top Box Names: DVR 1 My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 24.5.115.90 My operating system: Mac - rv:10.0.1 My web browser: Firefox 10 - Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:10.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/10.0.1 My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: 071706000001 My Silverlight version: 5.0.61118.0 My flash version: 10.1 r102 Javascript: enabled Cookies: enabled
Official Employee

Re: Error 400: Showtime, HBO, MTV etc not working


rachelstephenso wrote:

Here is my info again.

 

It says version 5- and it is not working still.

 

My Device Information My Zip Code: 94904 My Cable Provider: Comcast San Rafael Digital My myDVR Manager Status: activated My Set Top Box Names: DVR 1 My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 24.5.115.90 My operating system: Mac - rv:10.0.1 My web browser: Firefox 10 - Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:10.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/10.0.1 My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: 071706000001 My Silverlight version: 5.0.61118.0 My flash version: 10.1 r102 Javascript: enabled Cookies: enabled

Do you have any anti-virus software installed? If so, make sure that you are allowing Xfinitytv.com to pass through your firewall.

 

Let me know the results.

 

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe




Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1526 views
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation