Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Error 12012

Regular Visitor

Error 12012

I am recieving the error 12012 along with this message "Your subscription does not include this channel. please choose another channel."   

This is happening on local channels.  I do subscribe to the and watch the on my TV.  I a am receiving this error on my ipad and iphone. 

please help!

Lhayes524

Regular Contributor

Re: Error 12012

Me too. Just started today it seems.
Official Employee

dougkinzinger wrote:

Are you both still having this issue?  

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Contributor

I'll try it tonight when I get back home.
Regular Contributor

Appears to be working again! Thank you ComcastChad.

Regular Visitor

Chad, Today is the first day that it is working. I am now able to watch all channels on my ipad. However, I tried to stream it to my bedroom tv.. and I am now gettting the Error 3338. Do you know what this is and how I can get it resolved?

Thank you.
Official Employee

Streaming on the TV is not supported. It's a licenseing error code

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

Hi ComcastChad,

I am also getting an Error 12012 when using the TV App on my iPad. Only for CBS HD as far as I can tell. I know that my subscription includes it and I can see it fine on my TV. Weirdly, STANDARD-def CBS comes through OK.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Julien
Official Employee

zejudge wrote:
Hi ComcastChad,

I am also getting an Error 12012 when using the TV App on my iPad. Only for CBS HD as far as I can tell. I know that my subscription includes it and I can see it fine on my TV. Weirdly, STANDARD-def CBS comes through OK.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Julien

Are you still seeing this issue?

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

Yes, I still get Error 12012 when tuning to CBS-HD (channel 803) inside the XFINITY TV App.
Regular Visitor

I am also getting this same error and similar problem but on more than just CBS-HD.  It does seem to only be the HD channels that are affected however.

New Poster

I am having this issue on my ipad and iphone.  It's an ipad2 and an iphone 6 plus.  It's been happening for a few days.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app several times on both devices. I've had the apps for a couple months and they've been working fine until this issue started happening in the last week.  

Please advise on how to get this fixed.  I am being denied access to the channels I subscribe to and pay for.

Thanks

New Poster

I am getting the 12012 error message as of today for USA HD and regular - I do subscribe already and my iPad was streaming other channels and USA worked on other TVs.

What can I do to fix?
New Poster

I am getting the same error on every channel I try.
Regular Visitor

I too started receiving the Error 12012 message on my PC, iPhone and iPad blocking viewing of local TV from around 14Sep2015.

I waded through ten separate related message streams, each with multiple complaints of the same problem, but could only see one replier from Comcast - thank you ComcastChad, but no solution - not even a hint. 

It would be helpful if Comcast could find and prominently post a solution to this problem.

ComcastChad wrote:

dougkinzinger wrote:

Are you both still having this issue?  

Regular Visitor

Me to. Started today on NBC CBS ABC FOX. Other channels such as ESPN HBO HGTV are ok
Regular Visitor

I am also.
New Poster

me too... started today.

Frequent Visitor

Having this same issue.  3 phone calls, 2 web chats, 5 hours of my life i'll never get back, and still not working. Error 12012.

Local channels do not work on xtv.comcast.net website nor on iphone app.  Works on tv box though.  

Regular Visitor

Now works correctly on my iPad and iPhone. Not sure why?

Frequent Visitor

Started working for me too. A tech finally called me back. He said it was an issue affecting New England area, but I'm suspicious. Anyways, it's working now, so I'm happy.
Regular Visitor

ComcastChad: Yes, I still have this issue.

New Poster

I started getting this error yesterday. At first it was just blocking me out of the higher tiers of service, but after spending a few hours with tech support I have successfully been locked out of all channels! There currently isn't a single channel that I can watch on the iPad apps or even via my laptop's web browser. What happened? How do I fix it? The kids are getting anxious to have their shows back.

image.png
New Poster

I put in a ticket with "tier 2" over 3 days ago now. I was promised a call back within 72 hours at the latest, but so far nothing has changed. Anyone know how to fix this issue? I can log in to my parent's account and get everything they subscribe to, but once I log back into my account I can't watch anything. I have a higher tier of service than they do. 

New Poster

having the same problem with both my tablet app and watching anything on my pc. it just started happening yesterday or the day before.

New Poster

also my on demand is not working on my cable box

Official Employee

I have refreshed entitlements on your account, could you please retest and let me know if you see a difference? If you are still having issues with you apps and PC please respond to my private message?

Thank you

Community Icon
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Visitor

I'm having issues with with the 12012 code!! I subscribe with all channels

Valued Contributor

Wwalker7624-

If this error has not corrected itself, some troubleshooting will need to be done. The troubleshooting starts with sending a refresh signal to your box. Is this ok?

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.

Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Hi ComcastChad and others helping this thread, all our mobile devices are now having the 12012 subscription error on the majority of our channels as of last night.

My account page says there is an outage, but gives no details and everything works on my TV, just mobile devices are locked out.

Was the billing conversion done recently in the Portland, Oregon market?

What do you need to be able to help?

Thank you.

Visitor

I have had this too for the past two days. Hillsboro Oregon. iPad app.