Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Error 11700. Too many devices. Can't log into tv from laptop. Makes me relogin each time i watch

ANSWERED
New Poster

Error 11700. Too many devices. Can't log into tv from laptop. Makes me relogin each time i watch

Hi.  I've called support  several times over the last couple weeks.  My Xfinity tv from my laptop gets an error 11700. 

Recently i could log into my tv and name my device Surface just once and watch Tv endlessly.  Then i lost my service and they rebooted my modem which fixed the problem.  From that time i had to log in each time i wanted to watch tv and rename my device over and over again to surface each time.  very annoying.  now i can't connect at all for many days and get error 11700.  I've tried on my end to resolve problem and talked to support today again.  no luck.  I continue to research and found that this is a recurring area problem and to contact you directly.  HELP please.  Thank you.

Accepted Solution

Re: Error 11700. Too many devices. Can't log into tv from laptop. Makes me relogin each time i wa

Hi sparlingmd, I have responded to your private message.

Thank you

View answer in context
Problem Solver

Re: Error 11700. Too many devices. Can't log into tv from laptop. Makes me relogin each time i wa

First place, this post doesn't belong in the X1 TV forum, should be in the Xfinity TV Website forum.

Secondly, see this post about sending a message to a Comcast employee who will clear up your issue. Might be better than dealing with incompetent phone support.

Official Employee

Hi sparlingmd, I have responded to your private message.

Thank you

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Official Employee

Hi sparlingmd, thank you for the reply via private message and glad to hear you can now stream online.

Thank you

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation