Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Error 108 in Xfinity TV app when trying to make AnyPlay active

New Poster

Error 108 in Xfinity TV app when trying to make AnyPlay active

I just ordered this a couple weeks ago, but have yet to be able to use it Smiley Sad I keep getting error 108 when I try to click the active button in the Xfinity TV app. I pull up the AnyPlay app and it starts on ch2 and played it live until I tried to click to get another channel, now they all just come up black.

I've reset the device and the diagnostics show it's connected and working for the tuner......so what's wrong?? Cable TV support reps by phone have no idea how to fix this....someone help?

I do have the current versions of all apps from the market and am working on a Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 tablet with ICS Android OS

Zoe
Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: Error 108 in Xfinity TV app when trying to make AnyPlay active

protazoey wrote:
I just ordered this a couple weeks ago, but have yet to be able to use it Smiley Sad I keep getting error 108 when I try to click the active button in the Xfinity TV app. I pull up the AnyPlay app and it starts on ch2 and played it live until I tried to click to get another channel, now they all just come up black.

I've reset the device and the diagnostics show it's connected and working for the tuner......so what's wrong?? Cable TV support reps by phone have no idea how to fix this....someone help?

I do have the current versions of all apps from the market and am working on a Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 tablet with ICS Android OS

Zoe

Please follow the steps on our AnyPlay troubleshooting app for further assistance:

http://info.xfinity.com/Portal/content/Comcast/VideoMicrosites/AnyPlay/troubleshooting.aspx?mid=2177...^204891&rid=-3039530736126684375

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

I have gone through all those steps! That's why I'm now posting here for help....
Official Employee

protazoey wrote:
I have gone through all those steps! That's why I'm now posting here for help....

Our team is looking into your issue now. Someone will contact via phone within the next 72 hours. If they do not reach you, they will leave a message so please check your messages.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

Hey Joe I'm having the same problem when trying to use anyplay with the tv app. I receive error 108 when trying to make anyplay active in the app. I can watch fine using the anyplay app. This happens using an how touchpad running ICS. my galaxy s3 anyplay app works but I'm not getting an anyplay option in settings for the tv app.

Can you help please? It took me 2 hours and 12 transfers yesterday just to get the anyplay device activated since it wouldn't activate online. I REALLY don't want to call support again they don't have a clue what I'm talking about.
Official Employee

techyforyou wrote:
Hey Joe I'm having the same problem when trying to use anyplay with the tv app. I receive error 108 when trying to make anyplay active in the app. I can watch fine using the anyplay app. This happens using an how touchpad running ICS. my galaxy s3 anyplay app works but I'm not getting an anyplay option in settings for the tv app.

Can you help please? It took me 2 hours and 12 transfers yesterday just to get the anyplay device activated since it wouldn't activate online. I REALLY don't want to call support again they don't have a clue what I'm talking about.

Our team is looking into your issue now. Someone will contact via phone within the next 72 hours. If they do not reach you, they will leave a message so please check your messages.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation