Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Error 102100.5

Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 29 (4,965 Views)

Error 102100.5

As so many other customers have... I get the "Error 102100.5"  There's nothing wrong with my set up the error is on your side.  Please correct/refress. 

28 REPLIES
Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 2 of 29 (4,903 Views)

Re: Error 102100.5

I have this same error too. For three days (and probably 7 hours on the phone to Comcast's supposed tech support) this problem has not gone away. Since I am not getting the service I am paying for I called, talked to the billing department, and told them I absolutely refuse to pay my bill until the problem is solved. I suspect this will get their attention!

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 3 of 29 (4,859 Views)

Hello jkeeshen and rickimpett,

My apologies for your service issues. Please provide some more details on this error message in order to better assist you. For example, are you receiving this error message online or on your TV box? Is related to On Demand or DVR?

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 4 of 29 (4,858 Views)

I am trying to watch shows that are on my DVR while away from home. I have tried both your web interface (on my laptop) and the xfinity tv app on my iPad. I have no more information on the error because all Comcast gives is the error number.

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 5 of 29 (4,845 Views)

Hello rickimpett,

Thank you for that additional information. We will look into this matter for you and reach back out to you as soon as possible.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 6 of 29 (4,800 Views)

I have the same issue using stream only tv... I have a couple shows DVR'd, one works and the other doesn't. I get the exact same error..

What's going on?  This has been happening off and on. What good is the online DVR if it only works part of the time?

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 7 of 29 (4,792 Views)

I agree. I am outside the U.S. and I have been told by some Comcast tech support representatives "Well you can't expect it it work outside the U.S." This after (on hold) listening to Comcast advertisements saying "watch your shows where-ever you go". Other representatives have said "Of course you should be able to watch your show where-ever you have an Internet connection". So much for them knowing ANYTHING about their services!!!

Posted by
Administrator

Message 8 of 29 (4,739 Views)

Hello All -- That error indicates that you may be connected to a 3rd party DNS service, which may cause the TV portal to work incorrectly. Follow these links to ensure your Internet settings are configured to automatically connect to our DNS servers. 

Also, content does not work outside of the US unless it was previously downloaded content. 

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 9 of 29 (4,725 Views)

Sorry, but I am going to have to beg to differ about the 102100.5 error.  I got that error just last night trying to watch "Big Brother" at home on my Windows 10 laptop while it was still recording.  Tried multiple times, finally gave up and watched a previously recorded show.  Didn't change my network configuration, yet the other show played fine.  After "Big Brother" finished recording, it allowed me to play it back with no problem.  Other times I have gotten the error on recordings that were completed days earlier, while other recordings played back fine, again without changing my network configuration.  Obviously the error must indicate something besides having a 3rd party DNS service.  Now only if Comcast would tell us those other reasons.

ComcastZach wrote:

Hello All -- That error indicates that you may be connected to a 3rd party DNS service, which may cause the TV portal to work incorrectly. Follow these links to ensure your Internet settings are configured to automatically connect to our DNS servers. 

Also, content does not work outside of the US unless it was previously downloaded content. 

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 10 of 29 (4,723 Views)

Thanks for the suggestions but...

1. Update your Mac documentation to an O/S that has actually come out in the last couple of years.

2. Update your advertising to say something other than "Access you shows where ever you go".

Still no access to my DVR recordings remotely.

Posted by
Administrator

Message 11 of 29 (4,722 Views)

rickimpett -- You indicated you were outside of the US. You can't get content unless you had downloaded it before exiting the country. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 12 of 29 (4,702 Views)

I also can not view content that I have on me DVR. I am not trying to download it.

Posted by
Edited on
‎07-29-2016 01:22 AM

Problem Solver

Message 13 of 29 (4,691 Views)

[ Edited ]

Why can't Comcast just update the Cloud DVR FAQs to state what is the proper policy for streaming and downloading DVRed content when out of the country, instead of using the ambiguous terms "anywhere, anytime"?

From the X1 Cloud DVR Recording and Playback Features - FAQs:

Can I stream an in-progress or completed recording to my device while I am out of my home?
In-progress DVR recordings cannot be streamed outside of your home, but completed recordings can be streamed to a mobile device via the XFINITY TV app or XFINITY TV portal (xtv.comcast.net) anywhere, anytime.

From the X1 Cloud DVR Recording Download FAQs:

Can I download a completed recording to my device while I am out of my home?
Yes. Completed DVR recordings can be downloaded to a mobile device via the XFINITY TV app anywhere, anytime. Mobile data rates may apply.

"anywhere, anytime" to me means just that, anywhere and anytime.  If it doesn't mean that, then update the FAQs to state the proper policy just like they do in the XFINITY TV Go App FAQs:

Can I stream or download outside of the United States?
The XFINITY TV Go app allows you to stream and download in the continental U.S. plus Hawaii and Alaska. All other countries, including U.S. territories, are blocked but your downloaded content can be played back anywhere - even if you are out of the country.

This isn't the first time I have called out this issue, yet Comcast continues to ignore making a simple change.

Posted by
Administrator

Message 14 of 29 (4,664 Views)

rickimpett -- Works the same way. You have to download the recording to view outside of the US. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 15 of 29 (4,340 Views)

I read all the post tried the fix.. nothing has worked .. I am simply unable to watch the Hd channels via stream at my home in Oregon .. not out of USA .. I am able to watch the non hd tnt channel but not the Hd TnT channel... here is copy of error message.. this is with 2 different computers mind you also 

OSWindows 10Build numberBrowserChrome 54.0.2840.71Flash version23.0.0.205Statusin homeEntitlementstve-linear, tve-vod, clinear, est, cvodLast fingerprintcloudtv_web_polymer_0_prodStream providerprimetimeVideo IDtvgrid/listing/1001901010280230109/?channelId=7272608178428919104

Stream IDtag:xfinitytv.comcast.net,2013:channel-station:8417839650014309117:chNum:754:callSign:TNTHD#stream:format:HLS

Error code102100.5Error descriptionLoading of the specified resource has failedError aux infohttp://ccr.linear-por-or-pil.xcr.comcast.net/TNTHD_W_HD_PORdOR_19010_0_5468153561704515163.m3u8?format=redirectVideo Provider754 TNTHDVideo SourceTVListingVideo TitleClippers @ Trail Blazers

Posted by
Edited on
‎10-29-2016 04:25 PM

Visitor

Message 16 of 29 (4,290 Views)

[ Edited ]

I have the same problem with my setup in Tallahassee. My internet connection is fine, and I can watch many channels on the Xfinity TV online platform (X1), but I cannot watch the CBS HD channel 433WCTVD; I get a screen message that says "Attempting to Resume;" then, "This Video Cannot be Played . . . Error 102100.5."  So it's Error 102100.5, and it pertains to only one of the HD channels I normally would watch. I'm able to watch other HD channels online, just not this channel that's in my lineup. I've already spent hours with online chats, etc., and I'm not willing to take that chunk out of my day to have the same outcome recur.  I can still watch the SD CBS channel.  Not so great for ball games, since the screen is truncated on the ends, but c'est la vie. I should add that this problem occurs whether I'm using the Windows Edge browser (Windows 10) or the Firefox browser.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 17 of 29 (4,259 Views)

Lots of hits on google:

https://www.google.com/search?q=Error+102100.5.&oq=Error+102100.5

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Posted by
Visitor
Message 18 of 29 (3,670 Views)

Same error code pops up on only 1 of a series recording.  Of course the season finale

Posted by
Visitor

Message 19 of 29 (3,486 Views)

Are you kidding me? I get this error every night around the same time my internet is working fine and my network settings are set up correctly.... I watch shows on xfinity online and they work up untill about 8:30 EST than I get this error and it says "attempting to resume" I will be going to ATT or some other service and I will advice all of my clients to also take up another service unless this error is resolved VERY SOON... I pay good money for this and by the way I am located in the United States....... Comcast just cares about profit not about its customers 

Posted by
Visitor

Message 20 of 29 (3,237 Views)

are you kidding me? your error codes do not discriminate between platforms! this error is/has been a major headache for many many users for many many years. Get off your sphincters and hire some competent coders!

BTW, I can see Xfinity is more concerned about "bad words" than providing good customer service as my previous words for sphincter were not accepted.

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 21 of 29 (3,237 Views)

Sounds to me that it's time for a massive class action lawsuit against Comcast. They advertise "watch anywhere" but it is certainly not anywhere.

Posted by
Edited on
‎12-10-2016 04:58 AM

Visitor

Message 22 of 29 (3,044 Views)

[ Edited ]

Xfinity Support - so what is the resolution to this issue? Shows that are recorded on a DVR should be able to be played anywhere, anytime.  Please advise.  Thank you. 

Posted by
Visitor

Message 23 of 29 (2,258 Views)

So here is some added info.  I get the same error regardless of browser on my PC. I try the Xfinity app on my iPhone on wifi - same issue. HOWEVER, if I switch to using the mobile network - voila, it works.  I.e. this must be some sort of permissions issue on the Comcast end refusing to work with wifi protocols.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 24 of 29 (2,005 Views)

This error occurs when streaming DVR content on the laptop or phone and you are not connected to your xfinity internet modem/router. This happens when I'm on my laptop and on a different (second) network or my phone using my data plan, but once I connect to the designated wifi I can stream.  

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 25 of 29 (1,994 Views)

And just what does Comcast's advertising mean when they say "watch anytime/anywhere"?

Posted by
Visitor

Message 26 of 29 (1,970 Views)

I was excited thinking this would solve my issue, but just tried it (after I've tried every other suggestion in this post as well, but yours made a lot of sense) and it did not work for me. Several of my dvred shows cannot be played except from the TV with the DVR box connected to it. I have this problem often. As well as the DVRed shows not even appearing anywhere else. I have opened opened many tickets on these issues (which I'm told must all be handled by the 'cloud' dept.) but have never received a response or resolution of any kind. Definately not what I signed up for (oh and of course had about a 30% increase in my bill for these 'great' services).

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 27 of 29 (1,950 Views)

Nor will you ever hear from them. They are very good at taking your money; not so good at providing any kind of service!

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 28 of 29 (815 Views)

I am having the same problem and Comcast tech support has been zero help, was told to log out numerous times, that did not work. This has been going on for two months now. Some days it works fine (yesterday) today I cannot watch anything. Different computers, operating systems and browser does not matter. At least they coulkd tell us it is a know issue and they are at least working on it. Calling in is a waste of time and you have to explain everything all over again. They will send a refresh signal to your dvr and update the firmare also and that does not help either. They should credit my bill for two months as I watch 99% of my shows away from home.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 29 of 29 (181 Views)

This error # occurs daily! I am unable to watch scheduled recordings because "We've run into a problem while streaming." What problem? I like others have stated this is an ongoing problem which needs to be fixed pronto. Btw, I'm not out of the country. Last I knew Hawaii is in the USA!!! Very disappointed with Xfinity/Comcast. Please resolve this immediately. Thank you