members

online now

discussions

Error 102100.5: Loading of the specified resource has failed

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 9

This error is seen when i try to stream anything after login into the website (https://tv.xfinity.com/) on the PC at work; my content is there, my history, etc but i cannot watch anything.  it works on my tablet which uses the wifi ( at work) ; my PC was just changed and I assume this has something to do with it. Flash is loaded. Maybe needs to clear out devices? i only see one  ( work) .  this is a typical message on chrome;  

Customer Service Diagnostics

Build number
OS
Windows 7
Browser
Chrome 56.0.2924.87
Flash version
Status
away from home
Entitlements
clinear, tve-vod, cdvr, tve-linear, cvod, est
Last fingerprint
cloudtv_web_polymer_0_prod_1488998986820_4562
Stream provider
primetime
Video ID
iScrFRL9lL9NBnZB1FYPeJG2L9XLRdQu
Media ID
comcast:tve:vod:guid:iScrFRL9lL9NBnZB1FYPeJG2L9XLRdQu
Stream ID
klm5DBiqYCkI
Error code
Error description
Loading of the specified resource has failed
Error aux info
http://link.theplatform.com/s/P_bgCC/klm5DBiqYCkI?format=redirect
Video Provider
Bravo
Video Source
TveVideo
Video Title
Comida Final
-----------------------------------------

if i try firefox or IE, i don't get as far as seeing listings  i just get:

<noscript>&amp;amp;amp;amp;lt;meta http-equiv="refresh" content="0;url=/nojs" &amp;amp;amp;amp;gt;<="" noscript>"watch="" tv="" online,="" stream="" episodes="" and="" movies="" |="" xfinity="" stream<="" p="">

XFINITY Stream is not available at the moment. Please try back soon.

(Error xacsa.xact.DrmRequest.exists: Exception calling flash method (DrmRequest) (Error))"

Any ideas???

8 REPLIES
Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 2 of 9

This is a WIDE spread problem

I've had a series of tickets open with Tier 3 nearly continuously for the last 18 months, almost all my Sunday evening recordings have this or similar problems every week, especially AMC & Showtime recordings. Some other recordings from different days and or networks will behave normally, it just happens that all my "biggest' shows of the week are the ones that are no good. 

Currenlty there's a regional issue impacting many recordings for many customers per my T3 support contact

I won't reveal the source name but here's the most recent admissions from the last week of February and the only update since then, is yes the problem is still being worked, not ETA for resolution still.:

"As for the cloud DVR issue it looks like things are heading in the right direction, but the issue is still ongoing and there is no resolution at this time."
"The ticket will remain open until further resolution is made. I’m going to take these screenshots and store them in case engineering would like more. Although considering it’s at a national level they may not need it."
"The cloud DVR issue does not have an ETA , the critical situation management team does not communicate directly with the customer, and the information I have is the latest. There are a fair amount of people being affected like yourself. We appreciate your patience as we continue to identify and resolve. To underline. There is no ETA as of yet, and my apologies but we have to wait for a resolution."

Posted by
New Poster

Message 3 of 9

And here we are, a month after the last post, and still no resolution or an official stance from Comcast. It's truly sickening that a company of this size, that takes this much money from it's customers every month, can get a way with this. Despicable customer service.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 4 of 9

Have also been having this issue lately and found a way around it. (probably just luck)

I was on my chrome browser connected to a gmail email (browser #1). I opened another chrome browser (#2) under a different gmail email and then cleared the caches in both browsers. When I did that I went to #2 and opened xfinity to watch the recorded show again and it played. Then I went to #1, to see if it was fixed there too, and it was. Idk what part of that made it work but I was able to make it work. Good luck! (because, so far, it doesn't appear that comcast has any answers...)

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 5 of 9

Hi everyone. 

If you're still experiencing this issue, I'd suggest making sure that you have the newest version of the Flash player installed. Additionally, as LStal mentioned, clearing cookies and cache is usually a good first step. If you're still having issues, let me know so we can take a deeper look. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
New Poster

Message 6 of 9

I started getting this error message for the first time today, although I've been unable to access programming using my Chrome Cloud OS for about a week (no error code; it just won't go to the chosen channel).  I have Windows 7 and error occurs whether using IE or Chrome (latest flash player installed).  When trying to access programming on my Android, I get another error code - 106000; unable to locate this video stream.  I've cleared my cache and cookies to no avail.  Does anyone have a definitive solution?  I live stream outside of my home utilizing Spectrum wifi and my computer almost exclusively.  I see the problem has been around for months so don't understand why this is now occurring for me for the first time (with no changes made in my computers or OSs.

Posted by
New Poster
Message 7 of 9

The solution to  

"Error 102100.5: Loading of the specified resource has failed"

is a very simple one: just wait 3-5 days after you record it, then you can stream it without the error and ff through the commericals. In the mean time you can play it from the "on demand" option 24 hours after it aired without ff function or directly from your DVR (not streaming) and use the ff function.

The detailed technical reason is complicated and I am not capable of describing here

Hope this helps!

Posted by
New Poster

Message 8 of 9

I was trying to live stream Game of Thrones tonight (as I have done for the last 3 weeks) and received this same error code. I called and my issue was escalated to a "senior technician" who attempted to fix my issue. I've updated Adobe Flash, cleared my browser history and he reset my router. Still not working. The tech then logged into my account and was able to pull up the stream with no issue.

Meanwhile, I was able to Google the issue and discoverd it was widespread with no solution. I told this to the tech on the phone and he supposedly looked it up as well. He then said it was a capacity issue. That there were so many people streaming this show that I was unable to get it. Not sure how I was the only one.......I would think if it was a "capacity issue" there would be more people like me and this would be a known issue.

He ended up telling me there was nothing else he could do, I would need to wait until a later showing, then slapped a $20 credit on my account as they had FAILED to provide a service I PAID for. VERY disappointed in this whole situation.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 9 of 9