Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

(Error 102100.5: Loading of the specified resource has failed)

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 63

I am a computer tech and am trying the xifinity TV web site at work. For the past 2 days I get this message (Error 102100.5: Loading of the specified resource has failed) but if I login as a different user I don't get that message. I tried to clear my history and stuff. Any ideas?

62 REPLIES
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 2 of 63

chall1984 wrote:

I am a computer tech and am trying the xifinity TV web site at work. For the past 2 days I get this message (Error 102100.5: Loading of the specified resource has failed) but if I login as a different user I don't get that message. I tried to clear my history and stuff. Any ideas?

I'm sorry you're having trouble. I refreshed your account and deprovisioned your existing PC devices. Can you try again?

Thanks

ComcastDan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 3 of 63
Posted by
Visitor

Message 4 of 63
Posted by
Visitor

Message 5 of 63

I have the same issue

Build number233OSWindows 7BrowserChrome 55.0.2883.87Flash version24.0.0.194Statusaway from homeEntitlementscvod, tve-linear, est, clinear, tve-vod, cdvrLast fingerprintcloudtv_web_polymer_0_prod_1484739066599_37809Stream providerprimetimeVideo IDV5937905697429737377L100240791208050016Media IDcomcast:dvr:schedule:V5937905697429737377L100240791208050016Error code102100.5Error descriptionLoading of the specified resource has failedError aux infohttps://xtvapi.cloudtv.comcast.net/recording/V5937905697429737377L100240791208050016/stream.m3u8?recorderManager=cdvr-m-rmID-seat01Video ProviderHSTWDVideo Sources:VideoObject/RecordingVideo TitleThe Vision

Posted by
Visitor

Message 6 of 63

I am having the same issue for my work pc on Windows 7.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 7 of 63

I have had the same problem for nearly a year. It fails on wifi. Oddly, if I use my iPhone and use the mobile network - then no problems. Switch to wifi on the iPhone, and same error message appears - regardless of device. Obviously using mobile network abroad gets very expensive, and I'd much rather watch on my Surface Pro than the iPhone screen.  One tech thought it was related to my Flash player, but obviously it is not.  If I watch at home on my PC - then again, no problem. This is clearly some permissions issue somewhere.

Posted by
Visitor
Message 8 of 63

I am having the same problem and Comcast tech support has been zero help 

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 9 of 63

jtklepp wrote:

I have had the same problem for nearly a year. It fails on wifi. Oddly, if I use my iPhone and use the mobile network - then no problems. Switch to wifi on the iPhone, and same error message appears - regardless of device. Obviously using mobile network abroad gets very expensive, and I'd much rather watch on my Surface Pro than the iPhone screen.  One tech thought it was related to my Flash player, but obviously it is not.  If I watch at home on my PC - then again, no problem. This is clearly some permissions issue somewhere.

I'm sorry you're having trouble. I suspect there is a mixture of issues from the various customers in this thread but I'm fairly certain I know what yours is.  Your statement that "using mobile network abroad gets very expensive" was the clue I needed.  

Comcast only has domestic distribution rights from programmers (i.e. networks and studios). Streaming to the apps and website is blocked when outside the USA.  You can, however, download content while in the USA and watch it elsewhere when traveling. 

-ComcastDan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Visitor

Message 10 of 63

Or you could just use a VPN, thats what I did while I was living in France and it worked fine.

But I too am have this same error at home here in the states, its been going on for the past month and it's extremely frustrating, especially for the cost of comcast in the first place and lack of good customer support. 

Sometimes it plays a few minutes of the program and then BAM (Error 102100.5: Loading of the specified resource has failed)

Posted by
Visitor

Message 11 of 63

Same issue - just started in last week or so;  appears Comcast unable to resolve;  has anyone come up with user recommended fixes to try? 

Posted by
Visitor

Message 12 of 63

For you guys asking about loading this stuff at work... do you by any chance work on base? If so, its likely RNEC blocking the streaming.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 13 of 63

I was having the 102100.5 problem week of 2/20/2017.    I was using Chrome.   Tried everything. Nothing seemed to work.   Tried IE.  It worked.   Ran across note from Chrome that they were blocking all flash unless specifically oked by user.   Type chrome://plugins in address bar.  Check the box "Always allowed to run" under Adobe Flash Player".   It now works...

This may be temporary.

It appears Chrome and Edge at a minimum will require a click to run each time a user accesses a site that requires flash.  See  

https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2016/12/flash-will-become-click-to-run-in-edge-chrome...  .

Posted by
Contributor

Message 14 of 63

having same problem also, some shows which I know are recorded on my DVR will only playback 10 or 15 minutes of the program using mibile devices

Posted by
Visitor

Message 15 of 63

I'm having the same issue, however it is only for TBS. Every other channel works fine. I even created a different account and tried using that as initial poster did, but I still get the same error and still only on TBS. 

Posted by
Visitor

Message 16 of 63

I am having the same issue. This has been popping up for 2 weeks now for me too. Can you please help me?

Posted by
Contributor

Message 17 of 63

Same problem here. Has nothing to do with cellular usage. Getting same error on web site, Ipad, iphone, laptop.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 18 of 63

I'm having the same issue and have been for several weeks. It started out being random recordings, but now it is every recording whether it's local or cable I get this error. I've tried Chrome & IE and cleared everthing and still get this error.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 19 of 63

But it appears when I am trying to play my DVR recording. Is there way to record program on my PC, other then illegal stream capture?

Great illustration about truth-in-advertising: Anything that has a screen can be used to watch your X1....

NOT!!!

Posted by
Visitor

Message 20 of 63

Getting the same response as this for a month for various programs if watching comcast on my mac

Highlighted
Posted by
Visitor

Message 21 of 63

Error 102100.5: Loading of the specified resource has failed

I keep getting this message when trying to watch my recroded shows off of my DVR.  It will happen most of the time, sometimes it will randomly let me finally watch a show, i finish that show and go to watch a new one and it continues to give me the same error. I would like this fixed as it is obviously a comcast problem.

Posted by
Visitor
Message 22 of 63

Irritating isn't it?  I have been researching this issue for days.  No one can give you a straight answer.  Paying 280 bucks a month for service you'd think you wouldn't have to go through this so much.  This is why people are irritated all the time with comcast.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 23 of 63
Posted by
Visitor

Message 24 of 63

STILL NO ANSWER FROM COMCAST, SUCH A DISAPPOINTMENT!!!

Posted by
Visitor

Message 25 of 63
Posted by
Contributor

Message 26 of 63

I am having the same problem and Comcast tech support has been zero help, was told to log out numerous times, that did not work. This has been going on for two months now. Some days it works fine (yesterday) today I cannot watch anything. Different computers, operating systems and browser does not matter. At least they coulkd tell us it is a know issue and they are at least working on it. Calling in is a waste of time and you have to explain everything all over again. They will send a refresh signal to your dvr and update the firmare also and that does not help either. They should credit my bill for two months as I watch 99% of my shows away from home.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 27 of 63

I am having the same problem and Comcast tech support has been zero help, was told to log out numerous times, that did not work. This has been going on for two months now. Some days it works fine (yesterday) today I cannot watch anything. Different computers, operating systems and browser does not matter. At least they coulkd tell us it is a know issue and they are at least working on it. Calling in is a waste of time and you have to explain everything all over again. They will send a refresh signal to your dvr and update the firmare also and that does not help either. They should credit my bill for two months as I watch 99% of my shows away from home.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 28 of 63

I just started having this problem with 1 station trying to stream to my PC. I HAVE to use wifi for all of my internet needs. Please help ASAP!!

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 29 of 63
Posted by
Visitor

Message 30 of 63

I am also experiencing this issue, consistantly for the past week or so. I am accessing the website from my home on a windows 10 laptop. Regardless of content the error remains: (Error 102100.5: Loading of the specified resource has failed)

Posted by
Contributor

Message 31 of 63

This thread started in December of last year and to date they still havent fixed it, acknowledged it, or even offered any compensation for it. The streaming aspect of Comcast is an utter disaster and should no longer be a "feature" of their service. Between this and the corrupted cloud dvr recording, the service is non-existant. If people require the streaming portion, you're better off looking into either another service provider or purchasing a sling box. Personally Im thinking its time to choose another provider. 

Message 32 of 63

For anyone looking for a resolution to this, dont hold your breathe. This is a conversation with Comcast support and based on this, they arent even acknowledging theres an issue and just want to send out technicians that come with a nice service fee.

ComcastCares

I am researching the error at this time. Does it happen when you use the streaming app on your mobile or tablet? - DS

Tyler

iOS, Android and PC

ComcastCares

What happens when you see this error? - DS

Tyler

DVR recording don't play. The error cuts the feed.

ComcastCares

Does this happen with all recordings? - DS

Tyler

Yes. There's multiple threads on your support forums about it.

ComcastCares

I was able to find this on one of the threads pertaining to this error: That error indicates that you may be connected to a 3rd party DNS service, which may cause the TV portal to work incorrectly. Follow these links to ensure your Internet settings are configured to automatically connect to our DNS servers. ... Have you followed those links before? - DS

Tyler

Yes and later you see that was debunked and confirmed to be a Comcast server side issue.

Tyler

Am I right to assume that this issue wont be addressed anytime soon based on it not being a widely known issue within Comcast? They only person to acknowledge the problem was a Comcast rep on the support forums. Its disappointing that this has been going on for 3 months and theres no mention of it anywhere even though its affecting everyone trying to access the cloud DVR service.

ComcastCares

I do understand the inconvenience you’ve faced, I would like to help resolve this matter. Thanks for the additional information. I would like to schedule a technician to look into this matter for you. Would this be okay to do? - MH

Tyler

Ive already had a technician out to the house and was charged a service fee for doing so. This is not an issue on my end so I wont be doing that again. This is an issue with the Cloud DVR service on Comcasts server side that has been happening across the country for months as seen on the support forums. I do not want to switch providers but Im paying for a service that isnt functional and based on this conversation has no fix being worked on. Does tech support not recognize this issue or have any information on whats being done to resolve it?

Message 33 of 63
I am also having this error on all my appliances. I have a Samsung tablet, and iPhone, and a toshiba pc. It only happens with recorded programs, though, not on demand.
Posted by
Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 34 of 63

This has been an on going problem for several weeks now, extremely aggravating .. I called Comcast support and said it is a major problem with the new application that roled out and are hoping to have it fixed. I think Comcast should be providing a billing credit to everyone until they solve their problem or I suggest cutting the cord and going direct with the other services out there for TV viewing pleasure. In addition, the other problem .. when the show actually plays on one of my devices, the first 50/60% is cut off!

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 35 of 63

I've been having the same issue for about a week. Some of my recordings on my Chromebook also start late, but are fine on my tv. 

OSChromium OS 9000.91.0BrowserChrome 56.0.2924.110Flash version24.0.0.221Statusin homeEntitlementscdvr, cvod, tve-linear, clinear, tve-vod, est Stream providerprimetimeVideo IDV1822350838191506232L200204540316010017Media IDcomcast:dvr:schedule:V1822350838191506232L200204540316010017Error code102100.5Error descriptionLoading of the specified resource has failedError aux infohttps://xtvapi.cloudtv.comcast.net/recording/V1822350838191506232L200204540316010017/stream.m3u8?recorderManager=cdvr-m-rmID-chi01Video ProviderWBBMDVideo Sources:VideoObject/RecordingVideo TitleAssistance Is Futile

Posted by
Contributor

Message 36 of 63
Yes, I tried watching an hour long show yesterday and could only watch the last 23 minutes of the program even though all of it was on the DVR
Make sure you complain on their Facebook page, we need to keep this in the public eye
Posted by
Visitor

Message 37 of 63
I was having this same issue for well over a month, but it seems to have been fixed by doing a 'System Refresh' from my Xfinity set-top box. I've yet to find anyone else online who's done this, so hopefully this helps others. Not sure if this feature is new or has been there for a while, but I hadn't seen it or used it before. The option is explained here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/cable-tv/x1-system-refresh/ Basically, go to Settings > Help > System Refresh. Your box(es) will be unreachable for about ten minutes.
Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 38 of 63
Hey Comcast Dan we are all waiting for someone to say SOMETHING here. Does anyone work customer service at Comcast?
Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 39 of 63

I have been seeing this the last couple weeeks, and on the odd chance I actually get it to load the show, I only can watch part of it.  Even though the whole thing is recorded, the streaming only will show like the last 20 minutes or so.  Why do we pay so much for services that don't work?  Time to get a new provider that can deliver what is promised.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 40 of 63
Besides this ongoing problem yesterday I had a new one I had a program that was recorded on the DVR yet when I tried to see it online program wasn't even listed
Posted by
Contributor

Message 41 of 63
I have not done this myself however support did do a system refresh and updated the firmware and that did not fix my problem
Posted by
Contributor

Message 42 of 63

So my issue today is I recordered I recored 4 shows last night and checked to see if I could stream them this morning, Scorpion I could access the entire show. 24, Dancing with the Stars, Humans all started the show with the first 20-24 minutes missing. (doing with away from home and tried PC using Chrome and IE, also tried on my iPhone 7)

Checked dvr at home and all the shows work fine there. Reported this to support again, they could do nothing but they did finally admit that they are getting complaints on this. Chat ended with moving my complaint to teir 2 (which they have already done several times)

PLEASE KEEP CALLING AND COMPLAING!!! The squeaky wheel gets the oil.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 43 of 63

I have been having his issue for a week now - no recorded content can be viewed from my phone, or my PC.  PLEASE PAY ATTENTION TO YOUR CUSTOMERS COMCAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!  We're not crazy.

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 44 of 63

I agree about receiving a credit! I am looking for alternatives to Xfinity/Comcast due to high prices for existing customers and so many issues over the last year. 

Posted by
Visitor

Message 45 of 63

And yet still no reply, response, or comment from any comcast customer support. Still dissapointed. the only reason i have comcast at this point is for their internet.

Posted by
Visitor
Message 46 of 63

I've also had this code for months now; Error 102100.43: Loading of the specified resource has failed. Its a hit or miss with what recording will actually play. In addition it will only play maybe 5 to 20 minutess although the recording is an hour long. This is frustrating to not be able to access my recorded shows on the go. What are we paying all this money for the X1 system for?

Posted by
Visitor

Message 47 of 63

I have been having this problem for at least six months. It is driving me absolutely insane. It doesn't matter whether I am home or away from home. Does Comcast care at all about their customers? 

Posted by
Contributor

Message 48 of 63
Had my DVR replaced and the problem still exist, recorded Homeoand last night and it shows up on DVR but not while trying to stream it. I did notice when I installed the new DVR that it show I have a low signal.
On a positive note it kept my old recorded shows and previous scheduled recordings list.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 49 of 63
Just checked my other shows that recorded last night, Black Sails will only show 13 minutes of content, some others show only several minutes of content. I seem to have this problem with the same shows every week most of them are recording back to back or maybe even at the same time, can this be an internet speed problem? I am subscribed to 75mbps and check the speed test today and it was downloading at 89.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 50 of 63

Yesterday all but one of my shows played back with not problems, today (last nights recordings) 5 of my 7 shows would not play back. Erroe 102100.5 received, Error 8001 while trying iPhone.

He is a response I found FROM MARCH 2015 from Comcast"

Please do not call, there is nothign anyone on the phone can do to resolve your issue or restore your missing recordings.   We are aware of the unavailable recordings issues and are in the process of upgrading the cloud infrastructure so these issues do not happen anymore.

What we really need is a class action lawsuit!!!