New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Error 102100.44

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 1 of 32

For the past couple days, when trying to watch cloud DVR recordings away from home, my programs have frequently cut off with an error message of 102100.44. Sometimes when I just try to resume them they start again, but sometimes I get another error message of 102100.44. Most of the time I can close and restart my browser (Safari 9.1.3 on a MacBook Air) and resume the show, but it cuts off 3 or 4 times in an hour program. This was happening a few months ago, which I reported to phone support with no solution, then it seemed to stop on its own and I have been watching cloud recording out of the home ever since with no problem until it just started up again. 

I am one of the many people who was angry because Comcast took away the old functional website and forced us onto the poorly designed new one with vague promises of improving it some unspecified time in the future, resulting in more time and effort on my part to browse and schedule recordings on my DVR. But now, to have all these problems just watching programs away from home is even worse. There's no sense in even trying phone or chat support as they have been worthless whenever I have tried them in the past. 

31 REPLIES
Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 2 of 32
I am having the same problem. I can only watch a half hour and then I can resume for only a couple of minutes and it stops again and I get the same error code.
Posted by
New Poster
Message 3 of 32

Having the same problem here, constantly freezing.  

Posted by
Contributor

Message 4 of 32
Same here. For me, the error just started today, 12/18/16. Comcast support says it's a problem with my new Mac mini, even though everything else works fine (including youtube videos). Wonder if it's a Flash problem? Here's the error detail - same with Safari so it's not a browser problem.

Customer Service Diagnostics

Build number 203OSMac OS 10.11.6
BrowserChrome 55.0.2883.95
Flash version 24.0.0.186
Status away from home
Entitlements tve-vod, cdvr, est, cvod, tve-linear, clinear
Last Fingerprint cloudtv_web_polymer_0_prod_1482087901486_55167
Stream provider primetime
Video ID V4190708057795544421L100127901218140016
Media ID comcast:dvr:schedule:V4190708057795544421L100127901218140016
Error code 102100.44
Error description Loading of the specified resource has failed
Error aux infohttps://xtvapi.cloudtv.comcast.net/recording/V4190708057795544421L100127901218140016/stream.m3u8?recorderManager=cdvr-c-rmID-stlk0201
Video ProviderKOLDD
Video Source s:VideoObject/Recording
Video Title Nicole Kidman, Robbie Robertson, Paulo Coelho

Posted by
Contributor

Message 5 of 32
I thought this might be a Flash issue so I uninstalled/reinstalled but no joy. Just for kicks, turned on my iPhone wireless hot spot and connected my Mac mini, replayed the same video and got the same error code so Comcast has something going on.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 6 of 32

I too have been having many problems streaming but my errors seem to jump around at random. Sometimes I do get 102100.44 but other times it says DRM error or can't connect to XFinity, or can't find homepage.

Sometimes my connection here is solid (can access other sites during this blip) and other times my connection appears to be completely offline for a minute or two. 

I just had a tech out and he checked everything and found that our signal was very good - said 0 was perfect and we were at a 0.7. 

At the tech's suggestion I added terminators to 2 of the 3 open drops in the house - still have to find the 3rd. 

I have been able to stream for hours without problems but when the problems happen it seems to range from every 5 - 30 minutes.

While I was testing this on my laptop my GF was streaming Amazon Prime and saw no issues - even when my laptop could not connect to speedtest. 

This is VERY frustrating.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 7 of 32
Posted by
New Poster

Message 8 of 32

I have been experiencing the same issues across all browsers, TV networks, and shows. Boo.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 9 of 32

exact same problem sometime I can watch a show and try and finish it up later and cannot get access. Was told to log out of browser and log back in and that did not work, was also told they refreshed my signal, that did not work, formware was updated that did not work, now Im told to have my box replaced. Im sure the box is not the issue.

This happened on different computers, different mobile devices, different OS. Appears to be random also. No fix in sight.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 10 of 32

mikeelkins133 wrote:

exact same problem sometime I can watch a show and try and finish it up later and cannot get access. Was told to log out of browser and log back in and that did not work, was also told they refreshed my signal, that did not work, formware was updated that did not work, now Im told to have my box replaced. Im sure the box is not the issue.

This happened on different computers, different mobile devices, different OS. Appears to be random also. No fix in sight.

It's NOT a X1 issue.

It's not a cabling/connection issue.

It's NOT a browser issue.

It's a CLOUD issue.

This happened to me while I was away for a couple months. The advanced support team was able to fix this for me while I was traveling some time in January but when I called back to see what the problem was (so I could HELP tech support the next time it happens) I was told the engineeering team did not document what was done to correct it. I found that pretty hard to believe since I was in Tech  Support for many years and ALWAYS had to enter a resolution to close a case.

The supervisor I spoke with told me to call him directly if it happens again. You might try calling him and reference the IFS ticket number below. Maybe he can help expedite the repair, what ever it is that they do in engineering. Tell him Scott sent you.   

Xfinity CR661922173

IFS ticket:  222901 

2/16/2017 Andrew, Advanced Support Supervisor ,<edited - removed personal information>

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 11 of 32

same issue watching on mac

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 12 of 32

Build number
OS
Mac OS 10.12.3
Browser
Chrome 57.0.2987.133
Flash version
Status
in home
Entitlements
tve-vod, clinear, tve-linear, cvod, est, cdvr
Last fingerprint
cloudtv_web_polymer_0_prod_1491353729212_28274
Stream provider
primetime
Video ID
V8169384652904022891L201015170405000017
Media ID
comcast:dvr:schedule:V8169384652904022891L201015170405000017
Error code
Error description
Loading of the specified resource has failed
Error aux info
https://xtvapi.cloudtv.comcast.net/recording/V8169384652904022891L201015170405000017/stream.m3u8?rec...
Video Provider
NBCHD
Video Source
s:VideoObject/Recording
Video Title
Knockouts Premiere, Part 2
Dismiss
Posted by
New Poster

Message 13 of 32
this is a constant problem for me. and it's getting worse and worse. today it's literally every 20 seconds.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 14 of 32

I didn't start having this issue until about a couple of months ago.  At first it was just periodically.  Now it's a complete nuisance.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 15 of 32

Just out of curiosity, does anyone from Comcast / Xfinity support ever check in these forums and help troubleshoot the issue? I'm getting this error code repeatedly today (and yesterday). I can't watch 5 minutes without having the program freeze.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 16 of 32

skbwolverine and LLRandall, I have performed an account refresh of both of your accounts. Please let me know if you are still having issues. If you are, please provide the name of the devices that are showing this error message (i.e. Dad's laptop, Ben's phone, etc). 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 17 of 32

Same problem for weeks. Plays for 1 to 5 minutes, then shows error 102100:44.  I can resume it.  Starting yesterday it also freezes every 10 minutes or so and then in 30 seconds to 2 minutes resumes without my intervention. 

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 18 of 32

Ottogo, I've refreshed your account as well. Can you try it now? If it's still providing that error, please let me know the name of the device you're using. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 19 of 32

I'm having the same issue for the past few days, although my error code ends in .43 rather than .44, but most of the diganotic data is the same.  It's occurring on both live TV stream and shows I have on my DVR.  Can you please help?

Build number

OS

Windows 10

Browser

Firefox 54.0

Flash version

Status

in home

Entitlements

cvod, clinear, est, tve-vod, tve-linear, cdvr

Last fingerprint

cloudtv_web_polymer_4.3.3_prod_1500574105961_31454

Stream provider

primetime

Video ID

tvgrid/listing/2003264507201700109/?channelId=6629405916469396104

Stream ID

tag:xfinitytv.comcast.net,2013:channel-station:7562343238554664117:chNum:850:callSign:ESPND#stream:format:HLS

Error code

Error description

Error aux info

http://ccr.linear-fre-pil-red.xcr.comcast.net/ESPND_HD_FRE_11299_1_5264968399247015163.m3u8?format=r...

Video Provider

850 ESPND

Video Source

TVListing

Video Title

O.J. Simpson Parole Hearing

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 20 of 32

Thank you!  Still having the 102100:44 error.  Possibly not as frequently.  No freezing.

I believe my device name is "hp envy", but not certain. How can I access my device name?

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 21 of 32

I did some additional troubleshooting and research on my end.  This error appears to be related to the Norton Smart Firewall, which is part of the Xfinity provided security package.  Yesterday, I disabled Smart Firewall and the error disappeared and the content played.  I enabled it and the error reappeared and playback stopped.  I repeated the disable/enable steps and it worked and continued working.  I tried it again this morning and the error appeared.  I repeated the firewall disable/enable steps and it worked again.  

This error started appearing during the last week and it doesn't happen when watching Netflix on-line or any other video content so it seems to be specific to Comcast/Xfinity.

Thank you. 

Edit:  Just noticed that if I open a new browsing session on separate tab in the same window the error happens.  

Posted by
New Poster

Message 22 of 32

how can Error 102100.44 be corrected?

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 23 of 32

I think I found a fix for my error ending in .43.  Streaming would only work if I disabled Norton Smart Firewall and this was only an issue on Xfinity.  Netflix, YouTube, and all other video content played without issue.  Browsing while the firewall is disabled isn't even a consideration so I started poking around and found that resetting the firewall settings corrected the issue. 

Open Norton Security Suite

Click on Settings near the top right. 

Under Detailed Settings choose Firewall

Under the Smart Firewall settings on the General tab look for Firewall Reset

Across the screen to the right is an option that says Reset [+]

Click on Reset [+] and a dialogue box will appear asking you to confirm that you want to reset

Choose Yes

There isn't a confirmation that the reset is completed, however, it does reset.

I'm not sure if this is the same issue as other people were having with the error code ending in .44, but if you don't have any custom firewall settings it probably can't hurt. 

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 24 of 32

richphilly - Thank you so much for providing the detailed step-by-step instructions.  

Ottogo - You can find the name in Settings (a gear right next to Search box) ->  Manage Device.

bobboy93 - Please let me know what device you use. What browser? Are you trying to watch XoD or Recordings? Do you have any extension (like AdBlock) installed? Do you have an anti-virus software?  

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 25 of 32

why isn't Error 102100 corrected; this should not be happening.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 26 of 32

your advice for trying to fix error 102100.44 is to complicated-to many steps-trying to follow would probbly create more  problems

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 27 of 32

bobboy93 - The error 102100 can be caused by several reasons. Could you please answer the following questions:

- What browser?

- Are you trying to watch XoD or Recordings?

- Do you have any extension (like AdBlock) installed?

- Do you have an anti-virus software? 

Thank you in advance. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 28 of 32

Streaming recorded episodes on a Dell laptop using Micrrosoft edge. keep receiving the same error even with my firewall turned off. tried resetting wifi as well. Firewall is even turned off at this point.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 29 of 32

Version:1.0 StartHTML:000000186 EndHTML:000708220 StartFragment:000705645 EndFragment:000708100 StartSelection:000705645 EndSelection:000708095 SourceURL:https://tv.xfinity.com/

Build number
OS
Windows 10
Browser
Edge 15.15063
Flash version
Status
away from home
Entitlements
cdvr, tve-linear, clinear, tve-vod, est, cvod
Last fingerprint
cloudtv_web_polymer_4.3.5_prod_1502256721724_20232
Stream provider
primetime
Video ID
V3949506286991553656L200609640809010017
Media ID
comcast:dvr:schedule:V3949506286991553656L200609640809010017
Error code
Error description
Error aux info
https://xtvapi.cloudtv.comcast.net/recording/V3949506286991553656L200609640809010017/stream.m3u8?rec...
Video Provider
MTVHD
Video Source
s:VideoObject/Recording
Video Title
Dirty 30: Dirty Deeds
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 30 of 32

Thank you for the information, mdias420. Are you getting this error message at home? Could you please provide the titles and dates of the recordings?  

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 31 of 32

No m streaming outside of home. and "Dirty30: Dirty Deeds" 08/08/17

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 32 of 32

Would you mind to try a different browser, like Chrome or Firefox? Are you getting an error message while watching any other recordings except Dirty30? Could you please do a screenshot of the error message and I will also need a timestamp. 

The reason why I'm asking all these questions is to get as much information as possible and forward it to our engineering team. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.