Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Endless Commercials

New Poster

Endless Commercials

Why is it when I try to watch a program when the first commercial comes up it jsut plays commercials over and over I shut the browser down after 20 mins of commercial I cannot get to the next part of the shows

Official Employee

Re: Endless Commercials

Nathan1978 wrote:

Why is it when I try to watch a program when the first commercial comes up it jsut plays commercials over and over I shut the browser down after 20 mins of commercial I cannot get to the next part of the shows

What show are you watching? I would like to further look into this.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

I'm getting the same problem while watching Falling Skies (season 2 episode 8).  After maybe 10 min into the program, the ads popped up....endlessly.  It never went back to the program.

New Poster

I'm getting it too, watching "The Great Escape."  A world where commercials never end... terrifying.  Sometimes it says that Silverlight plug-in has crashed, other times I get that unending stream of ads.  I guess it forces me to get up and stop watching tv...

New Poster

Oh, and I've refreshed, restarted, restarted then skipped ahead to where I last was, skipped past where I last was... it always leads to the perpetual commercial stream.  

New Poster

I'm getting the same thing watching Rizzoli and Isles.  So annoying.

New Poster

So, Joe, what did you discover? Or is this just the way it's going to be.

New Poster

I'm not Joe (hope we hear from him... some day...), but this seems like a problem with TNT shows on Xfinity, from what I see in the other posts here.  I'm not sure how helpful that is.  Sadly enough, I know that the other shows mentioned here are on TNT not because I watch them, but because I saw their advertisements on the neverending commercial stream.  I haven't checked any TNT shows out on Xfinity in the time since my last post, but I tried "The Great Escape" again today and no dice.  

This is getting kind of lame, I wonder if this will be fixed in some vaguely appropriate time span.

Frequent Visitor

Same issue on about 90% of the shows here.  Recent problem and very annoying.  If they don't fix this mess - as obviously systemic- I will cancel my service.  I am fed up with dealing with a service that is constantly having problems.   The services for either on demand TV or videos constantly crash - then they have no real Fast Forward - so you either have to rewatch content you don't care to repeat or skip the show.   They have no concept of valuing our time. 

It makes their ad numbers higher....but only if they lose customers will they actually respond to this issue, SAD

Regular Visitor

Joe - am just in the midst of what is now 20+ minutes of commercials while watching an old episode of Bones.  But, I have to agree with other commentators - it happens ALL THE TIME, all shows, all times of day, so I can't see how it is useful to know those kinds of details. Basically, xFinity on demand is just an unreliable product it is most consistent at providing a pretty poor customer experience.  I sent in a report months ago, and have never heard anything about a possible resolution or timeline for a fix. All I get are copies of more and more reports.  Really sucky customer support from Comcast, but really I guess what can we all expect....  I guess I expected more, that's for sure.

It would be really nice if the response to all of these complaints was some sort of acknowledgement from Comcast that there is a problem, that it is being diagnosed, and that it will be fixed.  Any thoughts on whether that will be forthcoming? Any thoughts on whether that is a reasonable expectation for a customer who is paying what we all pay to have?

Regular Contributor

I understand your frustration and pain at what you perceive as a lack of any official response from Comcast, from observation over the last year I wrote this in response to someone else in another thread "I feel your pain but Comcast has some serious issues with their service, it seems like many more of their customers use the streaming service than what upper management believes and there are some serious technical glitches with it. Another serious problem is that the phone support people are not properly trained nor apparently have the resources to report and resolve problems with the streaming service. The only people that seem to have an avenue to the engineers or departments that are capable of resolving issues with the streaming service are the three or four Comcast employees that reply here in the forums but from what I can see they are swamped with the constant problems that are reported here and it takes some effort to get them to report those problems to the correct department for resolution."

There is a specific thread (posted as a sticky at the top of this forum) that was created by ComcastJoe specifically for people to post who are having problems with advertisement issues: http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-Website/Ad-Issue-during-Video-Playback-on-http-xfinitytv-comc... It would have been helpful for you to have posted there rather than starting a new thread. As I said above, there are only three or four official Comcast people who monitor theese forums (not just this forum but all Xfinity foums) and as far as I can tell they are swamped trying to help the people who post here. Also I'm pretty sure (although they've never said as much) given the frequency of their posts that this is not their full time position at Comcast and that they help out here in their spare time. (if that's the case please cut the guys some slack)

If you look at the tail end of that Add Issue During Playback thread, you'll see that I've posted about an adverstisment issue and at least one other person has posted that they're having the same issue. I just posted about that yesterday and if I don't get a reply in another couple days then I'll private message one of the Comcast people and ask them to take a look at the problem. So I suggest you do the same, post and see if other people chime in and and after a couple days if there's no response then private message one of the Comcast people and ask that they try and help you out.

- Norm

New Poster

I agree with Nathan.  xfinity streaming is constant adds.  When the adds end it starts near the beginning of the video instead of resuming where the adds interrupted your viewing.  If you try to advance to the correct place, more adds begin.  It is impossible to watch a program with streaming.  It is sad to treat your customers that way.  I have been a customer for over 20 years and am sickened by this constant bombardment of adds, instead of the service you promise.

New Poster

fix it. It does it on everything I try to watch

Problem Solver

Hello Noason,

While Comcast does provide access to the channels you enjoy watching, we do not control the length of commercials that air on each channel. If you have specific concerns you will need to contact that network for more assistance.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon