Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Ending the recording of a show by the DVR

New Poster

Ending the recording of a show by the DVR

We just moved in.  The Comcast installer, to give us an example of how to set up our DVR to record a show, set the DVR to record The Mentalist repeats on TNT -- twice a day.  Then he left without getting rid of that setting.  I cannot find anywhere in the instructions provided how to STOP a recording by the DVR. I also rant through the four options that appeared when I clicked on "MY DVR" and could not find an option anywhere among them to STOP a recording.  Obriously, I could delete The Mentalist shows that have been recorded but that won't end the recording of more shows.  I called Comcast twice yesterday and spent about 45 min. on the phone talking to two people who clearly did not have a clue.  Can YOU help me, PLEASE?

Thank you.

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: Ending the recording of a show by the DVR

LA99 wrote:

We just moved in.  The Comcast installer, to give us an example of how to set up our DVR to record a show, set the DVR to record The Mentalist repeats on TNT -- twice a day.  Then he left without getting rid of that setting.  I cannot find anywhere in the instructions provided how to STOP a recording by the DVR. I also rant through the four options that appeared when I clicked on "MY DVR" and could not find an option anywhere among them to STOP a recording.  Obriously, I could delete The Mentalist shows that have been recorded but that won't end the recording of more shows.  I called Comcast twice yesterday and spent about 45 min. on the phone talking to two people who clearly did not have a clue.  Can YOU help me, PLEASE?

Thank you.

Go here and read the instructions on how to Cancel or modify a series recording.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation