Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Email says watch TV & Movies without signing in, but where?

ANSWERED
New Poster

Email says watch TV & Movies without signing in, but where?

I'm a new Comcast/Xfinity customer and received an email from Xfinity that says I can access TV shows and movies with xfinity.com/tv on any computer connected to home network, without having to sign in.  

But, when I click on the link - it wants me to sign in.  ???  A little help, please?  What's the real story, and where do I go to read about it?

Thanks!

Mike
Accepted Solution

Re: Email says watch TV & Movies without signing in, but where?

msmithflxfin wrote:

I'm a new Comcast/Xfinity customer and received an email from Xfinity that says I can access TV shows and movies with xfinity.com/tv on any computer connected to home network, without having to sign in.  

But, when I click on the link - it wants me to sign in.  ???  A little help, please?  What's the real story, and where do I go to read about it?

Thanks!

I'm not sure about the email - you do need to sign in to watch.  You can set up a username here:

https://xfinity.com/getstarted

-ComcastDan

View answer in context
Official Employee

msmithflxfin wrote:

Thanks!

I'm not sure about the email - you do need to sign in to watch.  You can set up a username here:

https://xfinity.com/getstarted

-ComcastDan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

Hi ComcastDan,

Thanks, I've got the username set up.  I just liked the idea that I could just jump straight to watching TV and movies without signing in and they'd just use my IP address or something to ID me.  Now that I think about it, though, I've got my own cable-modem and set-top box, so the primary elements for identifying me to the Xfinity viewing world wouldn't be there anyway...

Mike

Mike
Official Employee

msmithflxfin wrote:

Hi ComcastDan,

Thanks, I've got the username set up.  I just liked the idea that I could just jump straight to watching TV and movies without signing in and they'd just use my IP address or something to ID me.  Now that I think about it, though, I've got my own cable-modem and set-top box, so the primary elements for identifying me to the Xfinity viewing world wouldn't be there anyway...

Mike

There are some programmer websites (e.g. NBC.com) which allow automatic sign-in using your IP address as long as you have both XFINITY TV and Internet service (doesn't require you to have a Comcast leased modem).  The XFINITY Stream app doesn't have this feature because it could present some security concerns - allowing neighbors of customers with unsecure networks to set/delete recordings (assuming X1 with Cloud DVR) and see your viewing history.

-ComcastDan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation