Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Eastern Standard Time vs. Pacific Standard Time Livestreaming

New Poster

Eastern Standard Time vs. Pacific Standard Time Livestreaming

Before Xfinity made some changes to their website I could livestream all channels on their site at EST (Eastern Standard Time) even though I'm in California. I liked that because I could view programs on my computer 3 hours before they would normally air on television. Then Xfinity changed some things on their site and now I can't do this; I only see programs airing at PST (Pacific Standard Time). Is there any way I can change this and go back to watching channels at EST? If so please let me know how, thank you.

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Eastern Standard Time vs. Pacific Standard Time Livestreaming

Ghost3 wrote:

Before Xfinity made some changes to their website I could livestream all channels on their site at EST (Eastern Standard Time) even though I'm in California. I liked that because I could view programs on my computer 3 hours before they would normally air on television. Then Xfinity changed some things on their site and now I can't do this; I only see programs airing at PST (Pacific Standard Time). Is there any way I can change this and go back to watching channels at EST? If so please let me know how, thank you.

I would say the only way would be to move to the east coast

Official Employee

Ghost3 wrote:

Many of the "TV Go" versions of the Live channels are east coast feeds. You can filter by "Available out of home" or scroll to the very bottom of the TV listings to see that lineup.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Bronze Problem Solver

ComcastDan wrote:

Ghost3 wrote:

Many of the "TV Go" versions of the Live channels are east coast feeds. You can filter by "Available out of home" or scroll to the very bottom of the TV listings to see that lineup.

Thats interesting and confusing for those in other time zones viewing away from home expecting to see primetime shows at 8pm or later their time.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation